Stargate SG-1 anyone?

There is something that has been bugging me. I watched the origonal Stargate movie today and there is a big mistake. When Danile Jackson (Daved Spader) gets into the limo the old woman (can't think of her name right now) pulles out a picture and asks Daniel if it is his parents. He says "foster parents" and that's what bothers me. There was an episode in season 2 called the gamekeeper where SG-1 is hooked into some alien devices and are forced to relive tramatic and devistating events. For Jack it's a battle that went wrong and he lost men for Daniel it's the death of his parents. The process can not work on Major Carter or Teal'c due to Samantha having a symbiote at one time and Teal'c still having one.

In Daniels experience his parents speak to him as if he were a child from the age of six to probably nine. Daniel never actually says what his age was but that he was a child and his parents did speak to as if he were a child.

But here is my problem in the picture in the origonal movie of Daniel with his foster parents Daniel is no more than two years old?

How could the writers have missed such a crucial detail?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick, when you've got a body of works like SG-1, believe me it's easy.

Heck, if I tried to write something set in the Mists of Fate universe, I'd have to ready through THIRTY-odd chapters to make sure I don't forget anything, and chances are I'd still miss something and create a contradiction.

It happens....

I see your point but this isn't the first time I've seen a mistake this big with Stargate. It concerns me that the writers wouldn't make notes or better notes for that matter on things like this just little facts. I do it with my writing.

They've had several continuity errors throughout the show. In the first season, Ryak is "made" into a jaffa by the use of a go'auld artifact. Later in the sixth season when T'ealc is on tritonin, he is trying to convince the amazon jaffa to use it instead of the symbiotes. The jaffa women are trying to get symbiotes for their girls that have "come of age". So are jaffa born that way, or converted? Major discontinuity error there.

Oh and in the special edition of the movie, Daniel said foster parents but in the show, daniel was raised by his grandfather. Yet another error but one that I can forgive seeing how the special edition wasn't released until after the show was sucessful.

The SG-1 Season finale was good, but the Atlantis Season Finale is even better (Battlestar blows both of them away, though).

It'll be good to see the Atlantis finale on the television screen instead of computer screen, though. I quite enjoyed it the first time around and hope to enjoy it again. Probably one of the best battle scenes from either series, beating (in my opinion), the Antarctica battle scene last season in SG-1.

I have a question in season nine that will start in July they are going to have some problems Richard Dean Anderson is leaving for good. Shanks is leaving to be on Atlantis and Ammanda Tapping will be out for the first five or so episodes and I wondering who was actually planning on watching the show. It will be Teal'c running around with a staff weapon so who plans on wathcing?

I have a question in season nine that will start in July they are going to have some problems Richard Dean Anderson is leaving for good.  Shanks is leaving to be on Atlantis and Ammanda Tapping will be out for the first five or so episodes and I wondering who was actually planning on watching the show.  It will be Teal'c running around with a staff weapon so who plans on wathcing?

Dude, that is so wrong. Maybe looking around for info before going in the wrong direction like this might be a good idea.

Shanks is actually going to be the anchor for SG-1. Ben Browder is joining the cast as the team's new commander. Amanda Tapping is PREGNANT in real life so she's missing a few shows to give birth and spend time with her baby. She'll be back after that.

RDA is indeed leaving but is scheduled for at least two guest appearances. Beau Bridges is taking his place as SGC Command. Now, having watched Beau Bridges in lots and lots of movies over the past 20 years or so, I must admit to being kind of droolish over his being a part of the show. This is like, big time good news. Then there's Ben Browder. If you don't know the name, and don't start drooling over sexy guy with quips that rival RDA, then you haven't watched Farscape.

Ben Browder is one of maybe two or three people in the world who can provide the same...zaniness and quips and quirks as RDA provides WITHOUT having to imitate RDA. Ben Browder has his own style that will work just nice...now the only problem is he looks damn sexy in red and black leather, which I really want to know how they'll fit into the show's premise. You see, those Air Force uniforms most of them wear right now are just too...baggy to give us the eye candy that is Ben Browder.

I knew she was pregnant but do you know who's it is. I mean husband wise. I do. It's Pete they're actually married oh so I heard and saw from pictures of them making out off the set.

From news that I've been hearing in the past few days Shanks is leaving to go with Atlantis but that's just what I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i like the show :) and i think Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) cute :) hay dkstories maybe u chould make a fan fic about stargate sg1 :)

danny

Only if you don't want to see any story I'm working on right now continued.

I'd do an alternate reality story where Daniel is bi-sexual and discovers his new C.O. played by Ben Browder is also bi...and they fiind true love at last...*sigh*

• 2 months later...

For all those who care the new and final season of Stargate SG-1 starts on July 15. From what i've been hearing they screwed us to say the least. Richard Dean Anderson will not be in season nine and they are using a different actor as the new commander when they told us they were using Ben. I'm hearing that there's a new commander of the SGC and Amanda Tapping just had a baby so she won't be in the first five episodes and Michle Shanks is moving over to Atlantis. No I have to ask what does that leave us with except Teal'c running around with a staff weapon. Booo!

In either case I can't wait for the new season and for Atlantis. I've been there since the begining and I have to say that I think I'm going to be greatly disipointed at the new season. :o

Hmmmm.....I'm not a huge sci-fi fan (like Star Wars, Trek, etc)...but I started watching SG1 and it isn't all that bad. I guess the new season will blow from what I've heard/seen, but what can you do???

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the synopsis of the last three episodes:

Avalon:Part 1

With the departure of Gen. Jack O'Neill, Stargate Command enters a new era. That said, Stargate Command's new commanding officer, Gen. Hank Landry, and SG-1's new leader, Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell, barely have time to settle in

....Apollo...the little whiney brat....this is really kinky, I've actually found myself looking at Baltar and going...hmmm...Crashdown is my current favorite though, I really want to lick him all over...

LOL, Baltar is even more whiney than Apollo...and he killed Crashdown! Argh!

My favorite is Helo:

frontpage.jpg

gatecon2005p006.jpg

gatecon2005p014.jpg

• 1 month later...

For fans of SG1/Atlantis I'm working on a Fan Fiction story. My love of all-things-geeky in relation to SG1 should help, and failing that my newly complete seasons 1-7 collection should work well as researching material. :2thumbs:

Sooo, I'm not sure at this point where I'll be posting it since Julian Gregg's MIA, but I'll let everyone know here.