Stargate SG-1 anyone?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very interested in starting a stargate SG-1 topic on this site if this would intrest or please anyone please let me know.

I saw the movie "Stargate", but that is about it.

I have no idea what you mean. Topic?

You mean write a story?

Aleric :huh:

Im not a diehard but I like it better then a lot of the other crap on about that time of day, if im watching tv. But the gruff honesty of O'neil is more appealing then Daniel's pritty face. ...oy cant belive I said that.

~Umbathri

can i preorder 2 tickets to the burning?

Dr. Jackson is much better looking with a crew-cut, and he kicks some butt on occasion as well.

Now, as for me, I think Major Shephard from Atlantis is hottest of the SG bunch, but you have to love an actor whose first name is Rainbow.

If you really, really, really want me to get excited, let's talk the new Battlestar Galactica. Starbuck turns me on, which surprised me tremendously, all things considered. Apollo, well this isn't an S&M board so I can't really say what I'd do to him, the little whiney brat, but...now this is really kinky, I've actually found myself looking at Baltar and going...hmmm...

Crashdown is my current favorite though, I really want to lick him all over...

See, just mention BSG and I go all goo-goo-ga-ga

Now let me just say that I would take O'neil of Dr. Jackson any day his attitude where he just wants to blow everything up really gets me going.

As for Stargate Atlantis I have been with SG-1 since the begining and just watching that show is an afront to all I beleive in. Of course I do find myself cheating on occasion Major Shepard is just so fine.

I am a big fan of Battlestar Galactica and Apolo is always good to get the blood flowing for me.

http://www.michael-shanks.com/pictures/stargate.html

SG-1 and Atlantis are both good, but BSG is the total, utterly depressing the world has been destroyed story that I like.

Actually, ya know, it reminds me of how I'd have made BSG if I'd been in charge of the script. :)

You have to love all those mushroom clouds...it was like several scenes from stories I've written. :)

Too bad I didn't write the BSG though, that would have been a lot of money

Ok go to a website called Scifi.com and go to the show called Stargate SG-1 then go and take a look at the actor named mike shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson). He is the white guy that dosen't have gray. He isn't the black guy or the woman and he wears glasses sometimes. Trust me it's all worth it.

Go ahead, burn me at the stake. I'll just call for a do over. :)

Actually one of my favorite SG-1 episodes is the one where O'Neill and Teal'c are stuck reliving the same day over and over and over and over and over again. I would have gone crazy LONG before they did. Oh, and the shot of O'Neill hitting golf balls through the stargate was just...priceless. I could imagine someone somewhere saying "he used a device that transmits matter over thousands of light years to do WHAT?!"

I mean honestly who would ever want to go back to highschool....oh wait I would. Highschool was awsome my weed stash never dwindled. Wait did I just say that outloud?

My favorite episode had to be the one where the united states revealed the stargate to all of the other world leaders and it looked like senitor Kensey was about to win when Thor beemed into the room and stated that "while his alliance with earth did not depend on the USA having controle of the stargate but it was prefered". Man that was awsome I was so proud.

Another episode that was my favorite was the final episode on season seven where they have the battle with the X-202s (human built goul'd gliders) and the goul'd ships over the newly discovered outpost in antartica that was built by the first race.

I love stargate more than life

I don't know if anybody saw last nights episode but I loved it. The episode two weeks ago was mostly politics and I didn't like it that much but this one was awsome. And the fact that Jack was seeing images of somebody elses life and didn't tell anybody for seven years that's awsome.

What were your thoughts?

Patrick, although I don't get to GA more than once, or maybe twice, a week, I have always been a big sci-fi fan and Stargate and Stargate Atlantis are no exception. I've always had a thing for Richard Dean Anderson, starting way back when he played McGyver, but I am always ready to gawk at other cute faces (or bodies)... and yes, Daniel Jackson qualified. So know there is one more to add to your list... hehehe

Well, RDA is a litle older than my usual attraction range, but then again I use to gawk at him in MacGyver and use that to feed my fantasies at night. He's aged into a man that I wouldn't mind growing old with, not at all. Now with Ben Browder (Crichton from Farscape) joining the cast, the show's going to get more hunks. Frankly I'd like to see some Browder on Shanks action (Ben Browder character on Dr. Daniel Jackson character). Now THAT would be hot. Just one little kiss, even, would do, really.

I watched this week's episode in between commercial breaks of Enterprise (ah, the answer to the ridge-less klingons was finally given!). That was mostly because I was bored to death by it. At least once or twice each season SG-1 does a very low-budget show that features a lot of flashbacks in order to save up money for the big-bang season ender. This one was very similar to the 'Murray' story arc (the guy who was really an alien who crashlanded on earth and whose buddies kept erasing his memory and then later he erased his own memory but worked on a hollywood show that was very similar to SG-1 but a lot campier). I actually enjoyed the Murray series a LOT more, but the money shot at the end was quite enjoyable and got an appreciative chuckle from me. (the shot of O'Neill's face as he had to admit to seven years of experiencing a 'normal' life through flashes and he didn't tell anyone...it really was in character too)

Atlantis really hit a homer with this week's episode, though. The time-travel explanation of how Atlantis was prepared for their arrival was quite well-played. On a side note, listen to their explanation of time travel and what happens to the time traveler's universe and so forth. It's the exact same theory that I used on the Do Over series, with some minor tweaking. I actually used a subset of that theory that states actual matter would not be able to go back in time, but we could 'imprint' a past version of a self with the memories and personality of the future self. The biggest hurdle in that would be recording and transmitting the data. It gets around the biggest flaw in the theory used by the Atlantis people, which is the loss/gain of matter problem. (The theory being the loss/gain of matter traveling through time and thereby creating or entering an alternate universe would essentially destroy the universe with the change in the universal weight constant. The counter-argument of course is that such a change is so insignificant that it would be easily absorbed by the Universe, which is vast. Yes, I know, I'm a time travel geek, or at least I was when I was younger and I just remember a bunch of the stuff).

I really like that Atlantis is heading towards a direct confrontation with the Wraith and we're really in for a treat in the upcoming episodes as they do direct battle against the evil enemy.

Don't get me started on Friday's Battlestar Galactica. The bathroom scene alone is worthy of a greatest scene award. It was just super-fantastic and extremely enjoyable. Sci-Fi really is hitting home-runs with their Friday-Night line-up. I don't think sci-fi fans have ever had a night quite like this one.