Happy Veteran's Day

Veterans Day is an American holiday honoring military veterans. Both a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states, it is celebrated on the same day as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, falling on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. (Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.)

Veterans Day is largely intended to thank veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to United States national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty.

Sharon

Remembrance Day is also celebrated in Canada on November 11. It's not a national holiday per se, but certainly all government offices are closed, banks as well. It has the same purpose as Veterans Day. It's a day accorded a great deal of reverence by all races and faiths.

Conner

Happy Veteran's Day and Remembrance Day everyone! :2thumbs::great::D:music:

I dont know about "Veteran's Day", but here in Europa I wouldnt say "Happy Remembrance day" ! It remembers of the sufferings of WW1 and the millions of deaths. Anyway, Happy Veteran's day to all Vets who escaped and my best wishes for all those who are still as we say in french : "sous les armes" (translated : under duty in the Army).

Old Bob (a Vet himself)