my introduction and comments welcomed on project

Hello, everyone!

I came across this site after spending days trying to find a gay writers group close to me in Cleveland, Ohio (fat chance of that!), but this seemed like a perfect place!

Let's see... I wrote an article in 1998 for the Gay People's Chronicle, another article a few years ago for Ghost! Magazine (an online paranormal ezine), and have spent a few years working on a book on local ghost stories which is still awaiting response from the possible publisher on the revised sample chapters.

In the mean time, i had a good idea for a murder mystery character so I'm working on the character bios for that, then the plot, then outline.... you get the picture! lol

I've started a few short stories based on ex's and friend's relationships, but this is the first major gay character I've written about, not to mention the biggest project I've taken on, and it does scare me in a way. i want to become an author, just seem to criticize my work too much!

Can things be posted on here if they're just rough idea? I hate to discuss things without having something sent to a publisher to safeguard myself, but i know talking to other people helps out a lot. If there are any local people on the site, I'd like to get to know them and have a bit of a support system too. lol

Well, I'm babbling again! I hope to hear from everyone!!

Ken