Water or Coke?

• Site Administrator

This may not be new but it is still interesting.

This one is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke?

We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses so water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminal: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Information:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material placards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

I'll take both.

Seriously.

For every 24 oz glass of soda I drink, I drink the same size glass of water. I alternate it throughout the day.

Here's some Navy facts for you about what you civilians call Kool-Aid and we called Bug Juice:

1. The absolute best cleaner for any brass fitting is a regular scouring pad soaked in Kool-Aid.

2. To clean up corrosion on metal, use Kool-Aid liberally.

I drink way too much diet coke, espicially considering how the aspertame will most likely end up giving me Alzheimer's.

Also, drinking 4-6 cups of coffee a day reduces your chances of getting diabetes by 63%. I learned that on my desperate quest for a justification for all the coffee I drink.

I saw the coke statements tested on myth busters and about the only one that is true is cleaning battery termials. But they also had the same results with water on battery termials. The steak was still steak after two days, and the rusty bolt was still rusty. Just goes to show believe none of what you here and only half of what you see.

• Site Administrator

It works to remove rust from chrome... I've done it quite a few times on my car...

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa... that one really shocked me about the blood highway thingy. Is it the same for Pepsi? I'm one of those people that can tell the difference between Pepsi, Coke, and Royal Crown Cola, :lol: ....you had to seen that episode of All in the Family to know what I'm talking about. I've been trying to cut back on pop lately though I love my mountain dew. Oh yea, heres a quick fact for dieters...

* If you drink like eight, 8-12 oz glasses of water every day for like a week (you should everyday anyway), you'll lose like 5 lbs right away and it'll be water weight--all the extra water that your body has learned to hold on to to prevent dehydration.

• Site Administrator

The only time I drink Coke is when it is filled with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum with a twist of lime. :P

I miss RC Cola...NOT.

Give me Dr. Pepper or give me death!

RC Cola? Proud sponsor of the New York Mets...

I took the Pepsi challenge the first time around. I think I picked Coke. I don't remember. I was thirsty and picked whatever they'd give me first. No one was giving out water.

I've long given up on Coke and related beverages - I prefer my sugar in Tropicana form - but the amount that people can drink is scary. Super Size Me profiles some folks who drink a gallon a day. A gallon!!! Guess who was heading in for gastric-bypass surgery.

• 4 weeks later...

I try to only drink 1 soft drink a day (usually doesn't work). I seem to feel a lot better when I drink more water and less soda.

I read today that 98% of the US population regularly consumes some sort of caffeinated beverage. wow!

Also, drinking 4-6 cups of coffee a day reduces your chances of getting diabetes by 63%.  I learned that on my desperate quest for a justification for all the coffee I drink.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this. I really like my coffee. Now I can cross that diabetes worry right off my list and all I need is a coffee machine that works in 0.5 seconds. A little sugar, a little half and half and I'm good to go.

Sharon

• Site Administrator

I've had a few kidney stones, do I pretty much only drink water. Usually around 1 gallon a day...

I'll take both.

Seriously.

For every 24 oz glass of soda I drink, I drink the same size glass of water.  I alternate it throughout the day.

Here's some Navy facts for you about what you civilians call Kool-Aid and we called Bug Juice:

1.  The absolute best cleaner for any brass fitting is a regular scouring pad soaked in Kool-Aid.

Ahhhhhh.....the wonders of bug juice! I feel a sea story coming on.........

I remember when I was on active in the Med. We hit some rough weather and the ship took a roll when I was walking across the mess decks. The roll caused me to lose my balance (and I went down hard!) and all I saw were two cans of bug juice fall and the liquid coming my way. I did not make it up in time and was soaked in grape and orange. It ruined my khakis, but when they cleaned it all up, the mess deck tiles looked brand new!

I'll take both.

Seriously.

For every 24 oz glass of soda I drink, I drink the same size glass of water.  I alternate it throughout the day.

1.  The absolute best cleaner for any brass fitting is a regular scouring pad soaked in Kool-Aid.

I drink a lot of kool-aid because I HATE the taste of water (except while backpacking). I looked at the ingredients of the orange flavor (couldn't bring myself to look at a flavor I actually like). For the purposes of this discussion, the active ingredients are citric acid (listed first in the non-sugared packet) and ascorbic acid. Either of these acids are sufficient to clean copper/brass, just set an sliced orange on the bottom of your copper clad pot for awhile. The same chemical process (reduction) cleans up the corrosion. A better commercial product for the goals is "Bar Keeper's Friend" which uses oxalic acid, but isn't as yummy to drink.

Ok

We all know that Coke, Orange juice, Lemonade,etc. is nasty acidic stuff. The human stomach when working properly is also one of the strongest containers on the planet. Lets face it, the digestive juices in your stomach do eat away steak, bubble gum and some things that take years for mother nature to do. But too much of a good thing is never good.

If you really want to talk disgusting lets talk about Jello!!! Where does this stuff come from. The most top secret product in the General Foods portfolio was always Jello. If you knew how it made you would never touch it again.

Oh and lets not forget tapioca. Yum Yum!!!

And the list goes on.

That's why I always mix Vodka or Everclear with Jello first, so the alcohol kills anything that may be growing in there. JELLO SHOTS!!!! :2thumbs:

That's why I always mix Vodka or Everclear with Jello first, so the alcohol kills anything that may be growing in there.  JELLO SHOTS!!!! :2thumbs:

Kind of a late resopnse, BUT.

You want to take the larger size box of JellO, add in a packet of Knox Gelatin, and replace the cold water for vodka, make sure you stir well. It should set just like JellO, with the Knox making up for the fact that ethanol doesn't like to set.

For those of you who perfer to eat you JelllO without tasting the alcohol, use Lime flavored.

Yea, I spent WAY too much time mixing JellO for parties in college.

P.S. Everclear is best served as shooters, ice cold (actually colder if possible (dry ice)).

Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal