American Idol Season 7

Myr

WoooHoooo David brought his talents back and in full last night. I admit I didn't think it was his best, but it was still dang good. Kid's got lots of talent ><

• Site Administrator

Yup.

I loved the making of the Ford Commercial video. Did you notice David up on that ladder? quite the nice little bubblebutt going on. ;)

Yup.

I loved the making of the Ford Commercial video. Did you notice David up on that ladder? quite the nice little bubblebutt going on. ;)

B) .......He's the young one left right? The 17 year old?

Edited by Benji

Hmm, Amanda is the Rocker girl.. shew.. I kind of liked her earlier stuff, but there are just a handful of songs that would fit her voice.. and the bad songs really sounded messed up coming from her. So I'm glad she's gone, she didn't have any range..

David Archuleta's voice is becoming annoying. Whisper sounding and weak at times. He said he had an illness or something that paralyzed his vocals at one time though, so I don't really know if that's the reason it sounds airy. It's just not working. I like the song choices he makes most of the time though. :P

It has turned into a popularity contest. Carly was in the bottom three and Chackezi (however you spell his name) did a sorry harmonica-mess that I just couldn't finish watching.. and he's still there... annoying. :)

I'm kind of glad I rarely keep track of television shows, so maybe if it gets worse I'll just "forget" to watch it.

Did any catch David Cook's performance of "Billie Jean"?

Oh my gosh, wow! It was incredible! I'm not even a fan of the song, and this is the first thing I've heard him sing (since I don't watch the show but just youtube clips now and then). Someone told he his performance was amazing and wow, it really was!

As adorable as the other David is, I'm having trouble not pulling for this one now!

-Kevin

P.S. here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92KZt9gYqZk...feature=related

Oh my gosh, wow! It was incredible! I'm not even a fan of the song, and this is the first thing I've heard him sing (since I don't watch the show but just youtube clips now and then). Someone told he his performance was amazing and wow, it really was!

As adorable as the other David is, I'm having trouble not pulling for this one now!

-Kevin

B) .........David C's performance was incredible and he will probably a finalist, the other David will most likely have a great performance next time...but I doubt he will around much longer, (after all he has a Prom to go to) :P

-Kevin

The rockers usually go far if they're good, but they never win it. So, even if he is belting out performances like this, as there has been a few that I've loved from him, he won't win. There are too many young pop music loving - voters for a true rock star to win, I believe.

B) .........David C's performance was incredible and he will probably a finalist, the other David will most likely have a great performance next time...but I doubt he will around much longer, (after all he has a Prom to go to) :P

Lol :funny: . He can sing, but yeah, way too young. There is no lasting career for him outside the show until he gets older. And, I think he should enjoy his prom instead of being in the competition.

Lol :funny: . He can sing, but yeah, way too young. There is no lasting career for him outside the show until he gets older.

I dunno, there are quite a few younger performers, or at least performers who got wide recognition at a younger age.

And, I think he should enjoy his prom instead of being in the competition.

Well, some people don't go to their proms at all. I think "I had to be on national television that night" is a better excuse than "I don't like dances" or "School functions are lame", which are the two you usually get :lol:

I just checked out his performance on the same night. It was good, but I really don't think it does compare to David Cook's "Billie Jean". I once again listened to Michael Jackson's version and yeah, I just don't care for it that much. Supposedly the inspiration for David Cook's arrangement was was Chris Cornell, but I checked out his version too, and yeah, it's still not nearly as good. The arrangement and melody are just much better with the version David Cook did. All three singers are good and the vocals are fine, but the song itself just leaves me bored with the famous people, and completely excited with David Cook's version.

Getting back to David Archuletta, I think it's interesting that Simon was convinced he hadn't chosen that song himself. I have to say whether it's David or someone else, I haven't cared very much for his song selection or the arrangements he uses. In general I think his performance and vocals are good in spite of these things, but clearly we have very different taste and music. (Granted "Imagine" is one of my all time favourite songs, but I still didn't like his abridged version as much).

-Kevin

I agree with the comments about David C. His ability to professionally sell a song is primo (although I'm no fan of soul patches). David A. is an awesome talent but is having problems with consistency. Forgetting the lyrics a couple weeks ago and singing a completely unremarkable song are speed bumps that may derail him if situations like this continue.

I'm surprised there is not much comment about Michael Johns. This hunky transplanted Aussie has a magnetic voice. If he continues to select music that showcases his vocal power, Michael can be a real contender. He and the two Davids may be the final 'top three'. If I was a concert producer, I'd sign D, D and M - after all the AI obligations are squared away - and present a contemporary music version of what opera did years ago with The Three Tenors. It would be an awesome show.

My guess is that the surviving 'bottom three' competitors will be the next to go...with Kristy as a potential of getting the axe very soon.

This has to be the best AI season for talent in quite a while. I just wish I had Tivo to eliminate the excessive padding to fill the programming hour.

Jack B)

I'd be so stoked if Michael won, he is sexy and he had the voice!

I like Michael as well. I would like to see one of the non-pop people win. Carly, Michael, David C., and the former Nanny.. I can't remember her name. The guy that resembles John Travolta, I can't see making it too much longer, but he doesn't fit into the pop mold either. So the different styles of artists this season is really good and represented.

It's really a shame that Danny Noriega wasn't around for this week's episode of Idol. It's Dolly Parton night and I had this wonderful mental image of Danny singing 'Jolene.' ^_^

Sharon

I like Chris Cornell but never knew he remade Billie Jean, and after watching David Cooks version I watched it and I have to say David did it waay better then Cornell OR MJ. But then I absolutely detest MJ so that

It's really a shame that Danny Noriega wasn't around for this week's episode of Idol. It's Dolly Parton night and I had this wonderful mental image of Danny singing 'Jolene.' ^_^

Sharon

Lol. I was like, "what?" And then the Lyrics to Jolene hit me and I laughed a good minute.. shew. Yes, he would've liked to see Dolly, I'd imagine. :P It probably would've saved the boring show this week.

:lol:

I like Chris Cornell but never knew he remade Billie Jean, and after watching David Cooks version I watched it and I have to say David did it waay better then Cornell OR MJ. But then I absolutely detest MJ so that

• 1 month later...
The rockers usually go far if they're good, but they never win it. So, even if he is belting out performances like this, as there has been a few that I've loved from him, he won't win. There are too many young pop music loving - voters for a true rock star to win, I believe.

B)......Looks like I was wrong on this one!!

Lol :funny: . He can sing, but yeah, way too young. There is no lasting career for him outside the show until he gets older. And, I think he should enjoy his prom instead of being in the competition.

B).......I was definately wrong about him too, the best of the night.

B) .........Jason gave the worst performance of the night, his choices were a bad idea, I mean Bob Dylan never was much for writing lyrics, just poetic (and he has no voice).

• Site Administrator

I think we're probably going to see an All David Finale.

David Cook's Billie Jean and Little Sparrow from a few weeks ago absolutely rocked.

David Archuleta has that little cherub look going on. And the boy can really sing too. They both sound good on CD when in the car.

I'll buy both their CDs when they come out. ;)

I think we're probably going to see an All David Finale.

David Cook's Billie Jean and Little Sparrow from a few weeks ago absolutely rocked.

David Archuleta has that little cherub look going on. And the boy can really sing too. They both sound good on CD when in the car.

I'll buy both their CDs when they come out. ;)

B) ........I think I can agree with you on the all Dave finale, they both sound good but which one will win?

So Castro is out, not surprised, his songs have been pretty weak. But for all that everyone thinks Archuleta is the cutest thing alive, I just don

Edited by Umbathri

I've never seen the show, only been following along and checking out clips on youtube, as such I didn't realize just how talented David Cook is! Of course his rendition of "Billie Jean" blew me out of the water, but I had no idea his other performances were so good.

There's no question that I like his style and song selection better than Archuleta. Archuleta is very good, but there's no doubt which one I'd be listening to if they each came on a different radio station in the car. Of course I'm more of a rocker myself, as I said Archuleta is very talented to go with the very cute :)

David Archuleta is too corny and sing-songish. He does have a good voice, but he just cannot carry himself in a mature way, in my opinion. He is young though... and will probably be second or the winner of AI7. He'll have a record deal regardless of the outcome and will be successful for at least one record album, but to me David Cook is the more complete artist and I want a rocker to win.. instead of the country and pop tarts.