[dkstories] Rich Boy - Growing pains - chapter 2

• Site Administrator

Ok, maybe I'll spoil it then :P .

Wow, what a leep forward in the story in my opinion.

Let's just say that in the past, the idea of Mages and magic kinda had that feel of not really real, but makes an interesting read.

Now with this chapter, with a more in depth look at the Dwarves, and more introduction of their history, albeit short, gave a much more stronger 'believable' feeling to the story.

The way that Dan described the work of the Dwarves and the history it kind of reminded me of, dare I say, the way Tolkien made me believe that sometime, somewhere there may have been a Middle Earth.

Although I don't know if this is what Dan was trying to accomplish with this chapter but his style and flow of the chapter definitely made me thinking more of the possibility of Mages, Dwarves, Elves and such being around us. To do this is quite an accomplishment Dan, and I thank you for this great chapter :worship: .

I have read other authors try to attempt to do this, and usually they fail in my opinion. I guess that I judge them against the golden standard of fantasy though, so who really has a chance? Dan did probably in this one chapter. come as close to it as I've seen in years.

Well enough of my rambling.

Steve B)

BTW: Very nice job on whomever created the graphic 'button' for Book II. I'm impressed, it really seems to capture the joining of Jamie and Worthington from Book I.

Edited by wildone

A great second chapter, Dan...very interesting.

BTW: Very nice job on whomever created the graphic 'button' for Book II. I'm impressed, it really seems to capture the joining of Jamie and Worthington from Book I.

I agree that the graphic button is impressive. However, I saw it as symbolizing Worthington and Jamie's separation as described in Chapter 1:

Edited by MikeL

Ok, how do I apply to become one of Mike's Riders (MR)? :D I really like the new digs. :2thumbs:

Mind you, I'd settle for being one of the human "care" givers. :wub:

The joining and now the separation process between Jamie and Worthington is an absolutely fascinating part of the story. It really intrigues me.

Superb chapter, Dan! :worship:

Conner

Ok, how do I apply to become one of Mike's Riders (MR)? :D I really like the new digs. :2thumbs:

Mind you, I'd settle for being one of the human "care" givers. :wub:

The joining and now the separation process between Jamie and Worthington is an absolutely fascinating part of the story. It really intrigues me.

Superb chapter, Dan! :worship:

Conner

/me dusts off his bike and gives it a tuneup :P

Yes, a very nice chapter indeed :) . Dan sure knows how to write !

Fridays is "DkStories" day ! YAY !

Wow, what a leep forward in the story in my opinion.

Although I don't know if this is what Dan was trying to accomplish with this chapter but his style and flow of the chapter definitely made me thinking more of the possibility of Mages, Dwarves, Elves and such being around us. To do this is quite an accomplishment Dan, and I thank you for this great chapter :worship: .

Steve B)

:worship: :worship: :worship:

The promises of this chapter are great.

I agree and support all the words Steve brought in his post.

I'm happy to find again the very special style Dan use to write. For a foreigner with another mother tongue as yours, it sounds like a piece of classic music and my special pleasure is to read it loud and trying to put some rhythm in it, as an old medieval song about a fairy tale.

:worship::worship::worship:

The promises of this chapter are great.

I agree and support all the words Steve brought in his post.

I'm happy to find again the very special style Dan use to write. For a foreigner with another mother tongue as yours, it sounds like a piece of classic music and my special pleasure is to read it loud and trying to put some rhythm in it, as an old medieval song about a fairy tale.

That's so gay!!! :P I love it! B)

Conner

Again an awesome chapter. I can't wait to see (read?) the reactions of the other mages living in the area when they find out about Clairville.

How will Worthington be able to carry out his daily business once he settles here and keep the secret baffles me. Maybe he doesn't want magic to be a secret anymore?

:worship:

BeaStKid :devil: