[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings Ch. 3 Spreading Wings

Hmm... Cody should be over eighteen. I wonder what the legal situation is with that money he contributed to his college fund. Is it legally his, and his parents can't take it off him?

B) ...........That's a good question, but I wonder if Cody will pursue it! And it sounds like his brother is trying to contact him, perhaps to give his monies back.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrmmm, good point on the legalities! Cody does have proof now; a letter in his mother's own handwriting that some of the money was paid in by him. However, as I recall California law, monies earned by a minor can legally be taken by the parent, unless the money was earned in the entertainment industry. I'm not sure on this though, things may have changed.

Looking forward to the next chapter of Drams & Cliffed Wings!

Awww CJ you don't like Cody's Mama? She is after all doing what she thinks is in the best interest of her son.

You all raise some excellent questions.

Will Joe finding the letter lead to a confrontation?

What is the Story with Damon, with Brandon?

Will Julie stray? Has she already?

What did Cody's younger brother want?

How will Cody react to Joe finding out things he'd rather be kept private?

Honestly I'd love to answer all of the questions, and i will eventually. ;)

I wanted to have four done over the weekend, alas life got in the way what with seeing friends I hadn't seen since my little jaunt to San Francisco. A fiftieth birthday party (not mine) and a TON of math homework... yeah plans got ahead of me. Fear not! I am on a strict deadline and chapter five has to be posted in three weeks from today.

So fear not, chapters, and answers, are coming. Even a few answers from above quicker then you think.

Awww CJ you don't like Cody's Mama? She is after all doing what she thinks is in the best interest of her son.

You all raise some excellent questions.

Will Joe finding the letter lead to a confrontation?

Will Julie stray? Has she already?

Honestly I'd love to answer all of the questions, and i will eventually. ;)

B) ..............You are sounding like one of those old serials we used to see in the theaters.

B) ..............You are sounding like one of those old serials we used to see in the theaters.

AHAHAHAAA perhaps, but you know CJ is going to grab ahold of that and run with it don't you?

I honestly wish I could say more, but I have procured this unnatural fear of letting spoilers out, well at least ill timed spoilers.

I could weigh in on Cody's mental state, but I can't.

I could also weigh in on Benjamin, but I can't.

I guess I could debate the legality of Cody's mothers actions, but given what we know of Cody so far, will he fight for the money? I doubt it.

he doubts he will ever find comfort in her cursive L's anymore, that however doesn't stop him from doing whatever he can to find comfort in the letter. To the point of imagining he can smell her perfume on it. Was the letter spritzed with her perfume? No it wasn't. He still found the smell, or the memory of it buried in the crisp sweetness of the cotton bond.

Given that tidbit, what was he more upset with, the content of the letter, or its tone, which effectively erased the 16 years of regular relationship they enjoyed?

Given that tidbit, what was he more upset with, the content of the letter, or its tone, which effectively erased the 16 years of regular relationship they enjoyed?

B) ............I would go with the harsh tone, effectively erasing whatever "normal" relationship they once enjoyed.

NO! She's the most evil character I've yet seen! <shudder>

IMHO, she's the nastiest of your antagonists so far, and that's some competition! She's just... Evil! To do that to her own son... That's just plain nasty, with no redeeming characteristics whatsoever!

I'm very curious there too. Brandon apparently knows Damon is into guys...

I'll answer that! He wanted to chat! :)

Ahhh, well, now that's a question. Cody has a temper and privacy appears to be an issue of his. I'd say that this does not bode well. Poor Joe!

Fear not! I am on a strict deadline and chapter five has to be posted in three weeks from today.

What a coincidence... I have a chapter that will be posted three weeks from today, too! 0:)

AHAHAHAAA perhaps, but you know CJ is going to grab ahold of that and run with it don't you?

I honestly wish I could say more, but I have procured this unnatural fear of letting spoilers out, well at least ill timed spoilers.

I could weigh in on Cody's mental state, but I can't.

I could also weigh in on Benjamin, but I can't.

I guess I could debate the legality of Cody's mothers actions, but given what we know of Cody so far, will he fight for the money? I doubt it.

he doubts he will ever find comfort in her cursive L's anymore, that however doesn't stop him from doing whatever he can to find comfort in the letter. To the point of imagining he can smell her perfume on it. Was the letter spritzed with her perfume? No it wasn't. He still found the smell, or the memory of it buried in the crisp sweetness of the cotton bond.

Darn right I'll run with it! I'll also take this opportunity to say how diabolically evil you are to your poor characters!!! Come now, did you have to hit poor Cody with that letter now? And of course, the cliffhanger! AAARRGGGGH!!!

Yes, I too have a fear of giving spoilers... The prickly one is rather unforgiving in that regard, isn't he? :unsure:

But, I beg to differ! You can indeed weigh in on Cody's metal state. You could say he's upset about the letter (that's pretty clear from the text). You can weigh in on Benjamin, too: Say he is Cody's brother and wanted to chat. That's in the text as well. 0:)

As for the letter, Hrmmm, I'd say... it's more complicated than that. The relationship has been clearly on the rocks since "The incident". However, this rather seals its fate.

IMHO, she's the nastiest of your antagonists so far, and that's some competition! She's just... Evil! To do that to her own son... That's just plain nasty, with no redeeming characteristics whatsoever!

B) ......This coming from a someone who has characters like Dimitri and Scar???????

I do believe you are forgetting about Catherine. She had ice running through her veins. Surely, she was more evil than Cody's mom will ever be. OMG! What if Catherine is in the story later, and she teams up with Cody's mom. They could be a duo of epic b****iness. :ph34r:

I do believe you are forgetting about Catherine. She had ice running through her veins. Surely, she was more evil than Cody's mom will ever be. OMG! What if Catherine is in the story later, and she teams up with Cody's mom. They could be a duo of epic b****iness. :ph34r:

B) .........Hummmm!!! Spoiler above anyone?

:whistle: ....... He's just speculating... :whistle:

If he were to tell me something about it, I would not even speculate. I would simply let you all bite your finger nails. I happen to like the building of anticipation. :music: