[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings Ch. 3 Spreading Wings

I'm busy I admit it, and god I hope it doesn't take a year to finish... To be honest I don't see it going much past 20 chapters, even if it is quite early in the game to give chapter estimates.

Well, I am on track so far with my estimate. My chapters are longer than most, but I think 20 is a good aim. I've been busy lately though, partly with some reading I need to do, but I plan to finish within the next month. BTW, I think we're all hungry for Chapter 4. :P

I hope y'all are better at chapter estimates than me. My prediction for LTMP was 15 to 18 chapters. I might have been a tad off....

I'll go ahead an make my prediction for DnCW: 50 chapters... But maybe that's just wishful thinking. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope y'all are better at chapter estimates than me. My prediction for LTMP was 15 to 18 chapters. I might have been a tad off....

I'll go ahead an make my prediction for DnCW: 50 chapters... But maybe that's just wishful thinking. :)

Well, I am still aiming for 15 (3 part trilogy with 15 per book). I think my earlier post may have made that unclear. And if there's 50 chapters of DnCW, I'll be one happy camper. :wub:

:( ..................I'm not sure Steve could pull that off, 50 is a lot for a someone with his workload/student.

:( ..................I'm not sure Steve could pull that off, 50 is a lot for a someone with his workload/student.

Right! working full time plus 11 units sucks... and not in a good way. Good news I only have about two scenes to add to 4 before its done (roughly 1000 words). It would have been done sooner, but Out of state visits 50th B-Day parties... easter, plus a few GA projects I am involved in. Yeah my schedule went from free weekends to slam packed in no time. The chapter should be done with in a few days depending on beta and editorial turn around (which is great I must admit, Thanks Guys!!) it will be up as soon as I receive it back.

:)

Five in addition has to be up in 14 days....

Oi :wacko: busy busy busy.

Steve

Right! working full time plus 11 units sucks... and not in a good way. Good news I only have about two scenes to add to 4 before its done (roughly 1000 words). It would have been done sooner, but Out of state visits 50th B-Day parties... easter, plus a few GA projects I am involved in. Yeah my schedule went from free weekends to slam packed in no time. The chapter should be done with in a few days depending on beta and editorial turn around (which is great I must admit, Thanks Guys!!) it will be up as soon as I receive it back.

Steve

Perhaps the busy guy needs a good massage. That may relieve stress and make it easier to finish those scenes. :P

• Site Administrator

Steve

:o

This could be taken one of two ways: First would be that you have a thousand words left to write, or second, the chapter is about a 1000 words long. I hoping for the former rather than the latter :P .

But more shocking, is the fact that you, Steve, appear to showing the signs of being a "size queen" :lol: . I have always been of the impression that size didn't really matter to you. :D

If this is true, that it does matter, us little people will be devastated, since we always thought quality and how you presented it were more important than the overall size :whistle: .

Enough innuendo, whenever it is done, and whatever size it is, I'll be thankful to be able to read some more of your work. :worship:

Steve B)

SIZE QUEEN?!?!

Steve I am shocked, SHOCKED!!!

where is this indication of size queenage? I just mentioned there was about 1000 words left to write. it is but a good faith estimate based on the scenes left to be compiled. it could be 500, could be 1500 or more.

Honestly the estimate was based on my average word count of 5k per chapter. I dunno why, but my chapters always end up around that mark with a few exceptions. I wonder how many other writers no matter what they do always have a average for their chapters....

This could be taken one of two ways: First would be that you have a thousand words left to write, or second, the chapter is about a 1000 words long. I hoping for the former rather than the latter :P .

But more shocking, is the fact that you, Steve, appear to showing the signs of being a "size queen" :lol: . I have always been of the impression that size didn't really matter to you. :D

If this is true, that it does matter, us little people will be devastated, since we always thought quality and how you presented it were more important than the overall size :whistle: .

Enough innuendo, whenever it is done, and whatever size it is, I'll be thankful to be able to read some more of your work. :worship:

Steve B)

I think he deserves more credit than that. His chapters are awesome, and they are way more than 1000 words. I have not checked the length, but I do know they're closer to 5 k. He can probably shed some light on the subject. :)

SIZE QUEEN?!?!

Steve I am shocked, SHOCKED!!!

where is this indication of size queenage? I just mentioned there was about 1000 words left to write. it is but a good faith estimate based on the scenes left to be compiled. it could be 500, could be 1500 or more.

Honestly the estimate was based on my average word count of 5k per chapter. I dunno why, but my chapters always end up around that mark with a few exceptions. I wonder how many other writers no matter what they do always have a average for their chapters....

Ahhh, let me weigh in on this one... :devil:

Or perhaps I'd best save that gun for later? :devil:

I'll leave with one hint... 14 days to go....

:devil:

B) .........I think I recall CJ saying his chapters were about 1,600 words?

ROFL! Well, mine vary, though 5k is my minimum unless I post two chapters at once.

B) .........Well expecting Dreams &CliffedClipped Wings next chapter soon!

I certainly second the motion! We need a new chapter of Dreams & Cliffed Wings!

I suspect, though, that the shadowy one has much trouble in store for Cody!

BTW, I suspect a shadowy entity has edited your post, Benji! He's no doubt concerned that the more correct version of the title will

reveal too much about the utterly diabolical cliffhanger he has planned for chapter 9!

Ahhh, let me weigh in on this one... :devil:

Or perhaps I'd best save that gun for later? :devil:

I'll leave with one hint... 14 days to go....

:devil:

ROFL! Well, mine vary, though 5k is my minimum unless I post two chapters at once.

I certainly second the motion! We need a new chapter of Dreams & Cliffed Wings!

I suspect, though, that the shadowy one has much trouble in store for Cody!

BTW, I suspect a shadowy entity has edited your post, Benji! He's no doubt concerned that the more correct version of the title will

reveal too much about the utterly diabolical cliffhanger he has planned for chapter 9!

B) ..........Chapter 9????????? I'm waiting to see what heartwrenching scene he gives us in Dreams & Cliffed Wings chapter 4. His evil knows no bounds

B) ..........Chapter 9????????? I'm waiting to see what heartwrenching scene he gives us in Dreams & Cliffed Wings chapter 4. His evil knows no bounds

He's not really evil. He just constructs good cliffhangers. :wub:

B) ...........I will concede that he construct good evil cliffhangers!

I've known that for a while though. I revel in the idea of a truly diabolical cliffhanger in Chapter 9. I am eager. :wub: