Eight Movies?!

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008031...0541260000.html

Apparently Warner Brothers plans on making the 7th book into two films...

Dun dun dun...

Any thoughts?

I smell an evil cliffhanger. Actually, it was a long book, so I can see why it needs to be two films. They missed a lot from The Order of the Phoenix. I was disappointed. I hope they can fix that perception in the two movies of The Deathly Hallows.

I think its a pretty damn good decision... I saw what they did to GoF and OotP... Made a pathetic mockery outta the books..especially GoF...

I have not read GoF. I should read it some time. I have heard that Hermione started a group about house elves in GoF. They certainly left that detail out. Also, Harry and the gang met Luna on the train. Hermione, Ron, and Draco became prefects as well. Also, in the beginning, Tonks used a cool spell to gather Harry's belongings into his trunk. They missed all of that in the movie. It made me mad!

I have not read GoF. I should read it some time. I have heard that Hermione started a group about house elves in GoF. They certainly left that detail out. Also, Harry and the gang met Luna on the train. Hermione, Ron, and Draco became prefects as well. Also, in the beginning, Tonks used a cool spell to gather Harry's belongings into his trunk. They missed all of that in the movie. It made me mad!

And you say you haven't read GoF!! :P How can you see/read OotP if you haven't read GoF?

Oh the way they made GoF, that was really horrible, I mean, they cut so much out of the book. the OotP was already much better.

Now, about making the 7th book in 2 movies,, I'm not sure,, it will make it weird as we'll end up with 8 movies and only 7 books. Tho, I'm sure that there's enough material for them to get it into 2 movies and to make it works well. Also, I don't think that the first movie of the 2 will end in a cliffhanger. I'd say they'll want to make it stands by itself.

Ugh, the less screen time they come up with the better. I never liked the HP movies. Although the later HP books were such disappointments that it's almost fitting...

Sorry if you liked it/them. I didn't. :angry:

Oh goodness no... I thought I was almost done with rushing to the Theaters on opening day to those movies.. bah.. now there is an extra one.. :P It will be good for business for all involved in that series, but I really don't like going to see those movies as a chaperon to a bunch of teenagers on my weekend or afternoon even.. :blink:

The last book was a lot and would be a stretch to put it into a single film though.

And you say you haven't read GoF!! :P How can you see/read OotP if you haven't read GoF?

I researched the subject. That is how. I came up with several facts missing from OotP. I saw the first four movies, but I have not read the books. I have read the last three books however. I will get around to reading the first four at some point. :P

I researched the subject. That is how. I came up with several facts missing from OotP. I saw the first four movies, but I have not read the books. I have read the last three books however. I will get around to reading the first four at some point. :P

I can't say anything because I read the third one, the first one, the fourth one, the second one... in that order.. and then read the rest in chronological order as they were released.

I'm pretty excited because if they make two of them, then maybe they'll actually do something right... To much has been taken out of each movie, so it'll be pretty amazing if they don't get rid of anything, at least IMO.

You willingly admit this after all the grief you gave me for not reading the books, just watching the movies? :angry:

Ugh, the less screen time they come up with the better. I never liked the HP movies. Although the later HP books were such disappointments that it's almost fitting...

Sorry if you liked it/them. I didn't. :angry:

Personally, I think JK went downhill after GoF...That was her best...a masterpiece!! :worship:

Even HBP is too long for just one movie...

Well, I haven't read this thread, in fact I've purposely avoided doing so, because I absolutely refuse to start reading any of the books until I've seen all the movies, but I will say that despite not having the books to go for my decision, I think dividing the movies up is probably a good idea for the movies.

I will say though that while I'm not completely sure how old the cast is supposed to be by the end, I think it might be a good idea if they did they're best to film all the movies now, even if they're not going to finish releasing them for quite some time.

Well, I haven't read this thread, in fact I've purposely avoided doing so, because I absolutely refuse to start reading any of the books until I've seen all the movies, but I will say that despite not having the books to go for my decision, I think dividing the movies up is probably a good idea for the movies.

I will say though that while I'm not completely sure how old the cast is supposed to be by the end, I think it might be a good idea if they did they're best to film all the movies now, even if they're not going to finish releasing them for quite some time.

As far as I know Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince is being filmed now. Maybe they are done filming. The movie is due for release in November. :)

Don't you just love the internet lingo? :D

It depends on the situation. For example, here's one of the Terms of Service from the model car forum (make note of the #1 result! :) ) I run:

7. Posts should include proper sentence structure out of consideration for our many members who do not speak English as their native language. That means using capitalization, reasonable punctuation and no excessive abbreviations. Posts should be structured as if you were writing a letter to someone instead of sending a text message. The goal is not to have perfectly written messages, rather to encourage a writing style accessible to all members, including those who don't speak English well, or who have to use translation services.

yup... ;)

Don't you just love the internet lingo? :D

When I first saw ATM as internet lingo, I thought of an automated teller machine. I was confused. Anyway, I do look forward to new Harry Potter movies. :D