IRON MAN

CoLeYy

hmmm...

Well i saw it the day it came out and personally i didn't like it. I expected wayy more from it and it didn't just come through. The movie was 2 hours and there wasn't enough action in my part there were funny parts but there was way too much talking. I actually fell asleep during some of the talking.

SO whats your opinion ?? Anybody else see it?

• Site Administrator

I haven't seen it, but it was one of the few movies that I was considering seeing. I'll have to think about that some more, after your comments.

I went on a date with a guy and we saw it. The date kinda sucked... but I liked the movie. I thought it was good. I hadn't heard about it at all before I went and saw it, so I was not really expecting much from it, but i did enjoy it.

I went on a date with a guy and we saw it. The date kinda sucked... but I liked the movie. I thought it was good. I hadn't heard about it at all before I went and saw it, so I was not really expecting much from it, but i did enjoy it.

Well at least the evening wasn't a total loss then! :)

I've not seen it and I probably won't; it doesn't really sound like my kind of movie.

Okay, I must warn you, I'm a HUGE comic book nerd, so my review might be biased.

I saw it on Thursday, first showing, and I have to say I loved it. Completely and totally. Robert Downey Jr. nailed the role of billionaire industrialist and alcoholic womanizer Tony Stark perfectly. He brought a realism to the character that I was really fearing he wouldn't be able to do. The thing about Tony Stark is that he's a total a**hole, and they don't really shy away from that in the movie. They could have easily made him less of an a**hole and therefore more likable, but then he wouldn't have been true to the comics background.

The special effects were really a rarity, as most of the time you forget you are watching a computer generated image. They used a blending of CGI and a real suit, and it's the first time that I can recall ever seeing it actually work.

The story was a blend of all the different versions of his origins that have been in the comics, so it should please all of the fans of the comics.

all in all, i really enjoyed the film. It provided the key element that I believe MUST be present in one of these films, and that's a fun time.

^_~

Oh, and if you see it, make sure you stay till the end of the credits. There's a cameo of another Marvel Comics character, played by a REALLY prominent, FAMOUS actor.

I noticed that the critics love it so it's probably going to suck rocks. I could be wrong but these are the same guys that gave a thumbs down to all three of the original Star Wars movies and a thumbs up to Jar-Jar and the Attack of the Clowns trilogy.

I went to see it on Saturday. It was just like i expected it to be. Overall it was a good movie.

My little brother made the joke that if the suit was real, the guy better make sure not to have a stiffy when its being put on.

-Jules

number one in US with nearly 100 milion in 5 day and over 200 million around the world....But i definately won't see this movie...it not my type either !!! I like horror movies ...waitting for Uninvited

number one in US with nearly 100 milion in 5 day and over 200 million around the world....But i definately won't see this movie...it not my type either !!! I like horror movies ...waitting for Uninvited

You want a horror movie!? Try Steel Magnolias or Driving Miz Daisy. Now there's some freakin' horror for you. The bitching seems to go on forever.

I would rather have a go at Saw than watch either one of those critically acclaimed puke-fests.

I saw Iron Man last night and personally I really really liked it. I'll be honest in that I wasn't really expecting anything from it but I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.

Greg

My critic friend saw it at the premiere and totally loved it. I trust his judgment on that. but personally it doesn't seem like the type of movie that I'd enjoy,, i'm not much of comics-turn-into-movies type of guy

Saw it a few hours ago and loved it. One thing got me curious though... of all of the techno gizmos in his office, home, cars, shop, etc., why did he have a cheap cell phone? When I bought my LG enV it was between that and the one he used... obviously I preferred the enV.

At any rate, I cried when he fell on the AC Cobra. I'm sure it was just a replica, but still! I'd rather he fell on the Audi lol.

The ending was rather weak and abrupt but I supposed that leaves room for a sequel.

Edited by rknapp

Okay, I must warn you, I'm a HUGE comic book nerd, so my review might be biased.

I saw it on Thursday, first showing, and I have to say I loved it. Completely and totally. Robert Downey Jr. nailed the role of billionaire industrialist and alcoholic womanizer Tony Stark perfectly. He brought a realism to the character that I was really fearing he wouldn't be able to do. The thing about Tony Stark is that he's a total a**hole, and they don't really shy away from that in the movie. They could have easily made him less of an a**hole and therefore more likable, but then he wouldn't have been true to the comics background.

The special effects were really a rarity, as most of the time you forget you are watching a computer generated image. They used a blending of CGI and a real suit, and it's the first time that I can recall ever seeing it actually work.

The story was a blend of all the different versions of his origins that have been in the comics, so it should please all of the fans of the comics.

all in all, i really enjoyed the film. It provided the key element that I believe MUST be present in one of these films, and that's a fun time.

^_~

Oh, and if you see it, make sure you stay till the end of the credits. There's a cameo of another Marvel Comics character, played by a REALLY prominent, FAMOUS actor.

This pretty much sums it all up for me as well, it was a good movie!

and remember like wrath said say till the end of the credits, it's about a 5 min wait but it's totally worth it if you know the storyline!

I'm interested to see how they are going to do it.