[dkstories] Rich Boy:Growing Pains

Great chapter, Dan. Worthington gets to know Kyle better and

even reminisces about his father

. Kyle finally reacts when

he realizes something about Worthington

. But Kyle is off to a good start understanding his powers.

My favorite line:

"

You haven't kissed me yet." Worthington teased and Kyle looked confused for a moment until he realized the order of words he'd used could be taken in a way that he had not intended

So, I'm curious to see how Kyle fits in with the demon wars that are on hold. He has to. Otherwise it's just weird to be introducing him halfway into the story. I was thinking it could be a bit of anti-foreshadowing when Worthington says that

Kyle won't have to fight demons for years

. I was expecting Kyle to

get glimpses of Worthington's nightmare after their discussion about shields failing in sleep

. Also, why do I get the sinking feeling that their uncle is somehow involved with the rise of demons?

• Site Administrator

Very interesting chapter Dan :great: .

I know you threw a little bit of a twist in there with Kyle's apparent revulsion of 'queers'.

It was interesting when Worthington and Kyle were first sharing their thoughts and feelings as Worthington was trying to help Kyle learn how to communicate without talking.

When Worthington asked why Kyle liked sports, and he began telling him the reasons, and his selfishness as well, I was hoping or thinking that Kyle might have slipped a shower scene in to his thoughts. Then again when he was saying why he thought that wrestling was more of a true sport, one on one, you had me hoping again.

Since Kyle did not reveal any thoughts or emotions of other guys in a sexual way, I have to admit it left me confused. Growing up, I have to say that is what influenced me to participate in sports 0:) , so not to have any thoughts of that manner seemed strange....to me :D .

Although Worthington did allude to the fact that a mage who wanted to control Kyle would do so through sex, this did not seem to upset Kyle.

So let's say as far as Kyle goes, I'm totally and utterly confused :wacko: .

I look forward to see how this works out.

Steve B)

Its possible Kyle's in the closet. Its also possible if Worthington handles this badly that he will go running to Uncle Evil and form up a crusade of some sort to fight against worthington.

Nice chapter, Dan...

Now, Kyle...this person intrigues me. Remember there was this line where

"You folks out here really are liberal." Kyle said with a shake of his head. "Back home they'd run the lot of you out of town."

"They'd probably do that to you too." Worthington retorted and Kyle's face darkened.

"What do you mean by that?" He demanded angrily and Worthington felt the anger roil off of him in waves, along with a tinge of fear as the guy's shields fluctuated.

Does this mean anything? Obviously Kyle says that Worthington and his folks are liberal, but he doesn't say anything other than 'That's sick' to indicate that he's a homophobe. In the last chapter, he says that if the others are fine with Tom having a boyfriend, he is too. Not a homophobe's quality (or maybe he's just a smart homophobe :blink: )

And the last part about his reaction to Worthington's statement in the quote above really sent me into a twist. What did Kyle think that Worthington was implying that had him so enraged?

The last comment about Worthington being a 'queer' may be taken in a different light here...

"Jesus Christ, you really are a queer!

That may be a reaction to his cousin's statement that Worthington is gay. So basically Kyle's saying that "Jesus Christ, you really are a queer!

And the disgust part can be easily explained by Kyle's upbringing....

Maybe it is the wishful part of me thinking this way, but I think that Kyle isn't a homophobe. Then, I could be wrong as well.

:)

BeaStKid :devil:

I think its perfectly plausible that he's in the closet and raised to believe that this aspect of himself is vile and detestable, which could be used to uncle evil's advantage by offering promises to burn that gay magic right out of him then turning him into a slave.

Alternatively if worthington plays this right he could make an excellent friend and ally of Kyle....

Or it could be Kyle is actually straight and secure in his straightness but still surprised to be around people openly gay and mildly uncomfortable with worthington's extreme attraction.