Maybe I'm just living on saturn

:P OKay maybe i'm just living on saturn, but i did not know that Bryan Singer, director of such screen gems as "X-Men" and "X-men 2" as well as the upcoming Superman Movie (drools over Brandon Routh) is gay!!

OMFG i didnt even know, but apparently everyone BUT me knew..... i feel kind of stupid now... are there any other gay celebs that i should know about? and no, Angelina Jolie does not count.

Well... I certainly didn't. And it's not exactly popular to be gay in Hollywood.

As Sir Ian McKellen said:

"Many unthinking people just don't like the idea of gays joining in their games, nor in the military and, it would seem, in the movies."

"I've had enough of being a gay icon! I've had enough of all this hard work, because, since I came out, I keep getting all these parts, and my career's taken off. I want a quiet life. I'm going back into the closet. But I can't get back into the closet, because it's absolutely jam-packed full of other actors."

I would add Chad Allen to the list of gay actors, though it seems that his career has gone in the opposite direction of Sir Ian's since he came out. I don't remember seeing him in anything since Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman on CBS in the mid-1990s.

Chad was actually type-cast a little too roughly following Dr. Quinn. He did have a minor-guest spot on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

His latest work is End of the Spear about some missionaries killed by a South/Central American native tribe. He also played in Third Man Out which has not yet be released, but is completed.

He's had a few guest star positions and few more bigger roles in a few movies...I think he once said that sometimes being a blond pretty-boy was more of a problem in getting roles than most people would believe.

I think he once said that sometimes being a blond pretty-boy was more of a problem in getting roles than most people would believe.

So I can forget about that kind of career?

Damn... B)

But seriously. How many gay A-List movie-stars are there? I don't think one would need more than one hand to count them off.

I think he once said that sometimes being a blond pretty-boy was more of a problem in getting roles than most people would believe.

So I can forget about that kind of career?

Damn... B)

But seriously. How many gay A-List movie-stars are there? I don't think one would need more than one hand to count them off.

Yeah, but you can do a lot with one hand. :D

Hmm, are we talking openly gay, or those that still haven't come out but it's pretty much an open secret? I think there's a lot more of us out there than you'd think.

Hmm, are we talking openly gay, or those that still haven't come out but it's pretty much an open secret? I think there's a lot more of us out there than you'd think.

I guess I should have written "openly gay [...]", since that's what I meant. I know there are a lot more gay actors, it's just that coming out isn't very popular due to fear of its detrimental effect on their career (real or imagined).

:P OKay maybe i'm just living on saturn, but i did not know that Bryan Singer, director of such screen gems as "X-Men" and "X-men 2" as well as the upcoming Superman Movie (drools over Brandon Routh) is gay!!

OMFG i didnt even know, but apparently everyone BUT me knew..... i feel kind of stupid now... are there any other gay celebs that i should know about? and no, Angelina Jolie does not count.

Yeah. Here's another bit of trivia for you: Singer picked Brian Cox for the role of Stryker after seeing him in L.I.E.