Gay Pride March in New Delhi

pitchan

WTF! How the hell did not I know about it??!!

Oh yeah, I didn't check the id that gets these updates... :lol: Oh how I wish I could have attended this thing!!

The march started right at the foot of my previous school on Barakhamba Road and continued till the Jantar Mantar, a huge sun dial.

When I was in Delhi, it all happened in Kolkata. And now when I have shifted from there, it has taken place there.

btw, this was a coordinated pride march that took place in the four Metro towns of Delhi (the Capital), Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore.

Sigh! It makes me so happy to finally see something like this come closer to home.

Also, since this pride march was timed just days before the Delhi High Court is scheduled to take up the petition against Section 377 again, I will wait and see what effect it has on the movement. The participation was huge, according to the reports and even heterosexuals turned up for the marches.

YAAY

w00t!

BeaStKid

Awesome! I think it's really neat how India had it's first march and was able to get it organized in under 2 weeks (mind blowing really!).

Yeah, it's great! But, I don't think it is the first time a pride march has happened. Kolkata has been a host to a few of them, AFAIK...

Yes, a simultaneous march in four major cities of India is a first. :)

By first pride march, I mean first gay pride march to ever take place in the Capital. It went peacefully, and according to the reports in the local paper, there was a huge turnout. They figured at least 500 people showed up :)

• Site Administrator

According to a report in the local newspaper here (but not on their website -- I hate it when they do that. I suppose it's to keep encouraging people to buy the print version), there were also a number of Pride marches through Eastern Europe, too.

Congratulations to all those who participated, and best wishes to all those who wish they could :)

By first pride march, I mean first gay pride march to ever take place in the Capital. It went peacefully, and according to the reports in the local paper, there was a huge turnout. They figured at least 500 people showed up :)

Yeah, in the capital, it was a first...

WTF! How the hell did not I know about it??!!

Oh yeah, I didn't check the id that gets these updates... :lol: Oh how I wish I could have attended this thing!!

The march started right at the foot of my previous school on Barakhamba Road and continued till the Jantar Mantar, a huge sun dial.

When I was in Delhi, it all happened in Kolkata. And now when I have shifted from there, it has taken place there.

btw, this was a coordinated pride march that took place in the four Metro towns of Delhi (the Capital), Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore.

Sigh! It makes me so happy to finally see something like this come closer to home.

Also, since this pride march was timed just days before the Delhi High Court is scheduled to take up the petition against Section 377 again, I will wait and see what effect it has on the movement. The participation was huge, according to the reports and even heterosexuals turned up for the marches.

YAAY

w00t!

BeaStKid

:o ......You didn't know???? ROFLMAO!! Sorry Bk, but you are so plugged into everything I found it funny you didn't know this was happening outside your door!! No mass protest??

Pride Marches are a great thing when they first get started in places they have never been before. With the events surrounding these events in Moscow (where they were banned), Eastern Europe (where they are beaten), and Israel (where last year they were bombed but this year was peaceful) it is good to see the bravery of our people in holding them.

It is a reminder that San Francisco is a party in remembrance of freedoms won, while other places it is shout for freedom to come.

:o ......You didn't know???? ROFLMAO!! Sorry Bk, but you are so plugged into everything I found it funny you didn't know this was happening outside your door!! No mass protest??

Not outside my door...Outside my PREVIOUS door. I used to live in the same locality where the march started. :)

I guess that is what happens when you do not check your mails---> you do not know what is happening in the gay community in India. :)

BeaStKid