Profiles of Classic Rock Bands

Over the weekend I launched an experiment in my blog called the Cultural Enrichment Series.

The idea is to do a profile of classic rock bands using images, and videos available from U-tube. It is designed to give users some idea of which albums are which, their contents and whether or not they might like to buy it.

My prototype came . You can check out my work on the Doors in my latest blog entry. My response to this both in public and private has been overwhelmingly positive.

My next profile? Why the Beatles of course.

Let me know about other bands that you would like to hear about. They don't have to be "classic" groups per see but the more obscure, the more difficult it will be to find material for them.

Sample from this weeks entry: LA Woman by the Doors

Upcoming profiles: the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush, Jimi Hendricks, the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck for starters.

Over the weekend I launched an experiment in my blog called the Cultural Enrichment Series.

The idea is to do a profile of classic rock bands using images, and videos available from U-tube. It is designed to give users some idea of which albums are which, their contents and whether or not they might like to buy it.

My prototype came . You can check out my work on the Doors in my latest blog entry. My response to this both in public and private has been overwhelmingly positive.

My next profile? Why the Beatles of course.

Let me know about other bands that you would like to hear about. They don't have to be "classic" groups per see but the more obscure, the more difficult it will be to find material for them.

Sample from this weeks entry: LA Woman by the Doors

Upcoming profiles: the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush, Jimi Hendricks, the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck for starters.

Cream, Skynyrd, deep purple, foghat, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx :P , ELO, Foreigner, Journey, Yes, Genisis, The Police, Hendrix, Peter Tosh, Marley, Starship ... need I keep going?

Edit: oops, you had Hendrix 0:)

Cream, Skynyrd, deep purple, foghat, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx :P , ELO, Foreigner, Journey, Yes, Genisis, The Police, Hendrix, Peter Tosh, Marley, Starship ... need I keep going?

B) ........I can see an extremely long thread here!!

As long as necessary. ;)

Snowie's suggestions were pure gold.

Here's how it works. About once a week (depending on how busy I am) I'll do a profile. Something listed or requested. Beatles are next- I've already started with them.

I will list the groups ORIGINAL albums- NOT compilations or re-releases with additional content.

I will have links to Google Albums (feature just added) so you can see the track list.

I'll display the album art and give a couple of links to videos on utube or perhaps elsewhere for a representative sample from the album.

Compilations: when a group has a massive catalog like the Beatles, I will list recommended compilations BUT only those that I own, are critically acclaimed and worth the trouble like the Beatles Red and the Blue albums.

Oh and don't be shy- leave a comment: a story or a memory stirred by seeing or hearing a song that you haven't heard since Nixon was president.

:blink: Nixon! Gah! I must be getting old.

Snowy seems to have left out Rush, So I'll add that and Tom Petty as well as Fleetwood Mac.

B) ...........Stones, Doors, Airplane before they were known as Starship. Like I said this could get long............oh yeah another SF group Greatful Dead

Edited by Benji
Pat Benetar, Blondie, The Eurythmics

crap! I really feel old when THESE are considered classics!

James, what's your cut-off decade? 70's? 80's? I've heard U2 on classic rock stations now-a-days... :blink:

And others from the sixties and seventies :

The Be Gees,

The Rolling Stones,

Pink Floyd,

Deep Purple,

The Who,

Yes,

Queen,

Bruce Springsteen,

The Eagles

Jethro Tull,

Procol Harum,

The Moody Blues,

Genesis....

Just some of my records collection !

Led Zeppelin part 2 is up!

Check it out at Classic Rock Profiles

Next week: the Who

Remember that this is a labor of love for me so be sure to look in from time to time for special surprises.

I'm using blogspot as it is more powerful and allows for more images per post.

And the week after that it's Al Stewart?

OK pal, they're in the pipe. Can't say how soon but won't be too long.

I'm just finishing off the Who. I'll be posting it this afternoon or tomorrow.

I may do a couple of short ones to catch my breath.

Classic Rock Profiles

How about Depeche Mode, The Cure, Joy Division, Sex Pistols, The Clash, etc. :wub:

It'll be a while before I get to the punk bands but the Clash and Sex Pistols have gotta be covered.

The eighties bands will be a while- I'm still in the sixties and seventies.