The seed has been sown...

rknapp

I told John and some others that I would start coming out soon, beginning with my sister when I see her on our family vacation in Florida in a month. I instant messaged her a little while ago and we had this conversation:

R: there's something I need to tell you when we're there, but I want to do it face to face and out of earshot of mom and dad...

E: dont tell me you got knocked up :P

R: lol no

E: cuz if you did you need to sell yourself to science

R: lol

E: getting out of earshot of them shouldnt be too hard

E: wait til they pass out at 7 and go to a bar

R: haha

R: well it can't be public either

E: ok then out of earshot of them and outside the hotel somewhere

E: you sure are a suspensful sob

R: okay... it's just something very private and I need you to keep an open mind about it

E: hahaha like my mind could BE anymore open

R: and it has to do with that folder I was afraid of losing, so if I like your reaction, then I might tell you about that too

E: you;ve seen the people i associate with

R: yeah, I know

R: doesn't mean I won't be paranoid though

E: unless you tell me that you're becoming a born again christian, i doubt it will be a problem

E: or jehovah's witness

R: oh god no, on both counts

E: if you do, i am feeding you to grandma herbert's bird

R: honestly I don't think you would react negatively, but society has me paranoid

E: society does that

E: which is why im glad i'm in anthropology :-) they purposefully bend the norms

R: lol

I'll take a scotch... in a Big Gulp...

If she reacts well, then I'll ask her how she thinks our parents would react, and act accordingly when the time is right.

To give you an idea of her personality, the conversation then turned to piercings. She wants to get a lip ring, another eyebrow ring, and is gauging one of her lobes to 10mm.

Edited by rknapp

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she reacts well, then I'll ask her how she thinks our parents would react, and act accordingly when the time is right.

To give you an idea of her personality, the conversation then turned to piercings. She wants to get a lip ring, another eyebrow ring, and is gauging one of her lobes to 10mm.

Somehow, I don't think you will have any problem telling your sister. Good luck!

• Site Administrator

Best wishes, Robbie (I'm not saying good luck, because I don't believe you'll need it :D )

Best wishes, Robbie (I'm not saying good luck, because I don't believe you'll need it :D )

I totally second what Graeme said !

All the best !

Thanks guys! She flies down there to meet up with us on the 14th if my dad remembers to buy the tickets, so it's a little under a month off.

B) .........Hoping I'm not out-line here, but I suspect she already knows; good luck anyhow Robbie!

R: there's something I need to tell you when we're there, but I want to do it face to face and out of earshot of mom and dad...

Edited by Benji

B) .........Hoping I'm not out-line here, but I suspect she already knows; good luck anyhow Robbie!

Yeah, I definitely think she knows.

She was just being a jerk, hence the comment that I would need to sell my body to science.

She's actually a total putz. I gave her all five seasons of QAF and her comment to me having that was, "How ironic!" When I told her that I was in the GSA at my old school she said, "Just because?"

I imagine she'll be shocked at first, then she'll think about it and start putting things together... like the fact that I haven't had a girlfriend since the 7th grade (and that one whore doesn't count in my book); the fact that I haven't asked out my friend Trish, who I would be married to right now if I wasn't gay; QAF + GSA, etc.

EDIT: I almost have the urge to just get it over with and tell her now... the suspense is getting to me lol. My hours at work have been severely cut due to payroll shortage, so I don't have that occupy my time with much anymore. I'm tempted to IM or call her right now and do it...

Edited by rknapp

She was just being a jerk, hence the comment that I would need to sell my body to science.

She's actually a total putz. I gave her all five seasons of QAF and her comment to me having that was, "How ironic!" When I told her that I was in the GSA at my old school she said, "Just because?"

I imagine she'll be shocked at first, then she'll think about it and start putting things together... like the fact that I haven't had a girlfriend since the 7th grade (and that one whore doesn't count in my book); the fact that I haven't asked out my friend Trish, who I would be married to right now if I wasn't gay; QAF + GSA, etc.

EDIT: I almost have the urge to just get it over with and tell her now... the suspense is getting to me lol. My hours at work have been severely cut due to payroll shortage, so I don't have that occupy my time with much anymore. I'm tempted to IM or call her right now and do it...

:huh: ......Ahem, that many clues and she's clueless?????? LOL

Go for it, Robbie.

I agree. Suspense can make a person nervous. It's best just to get it over with. :)

B) .........Don't push him! Than again she may not get it! :wacko:

Dude, I reeeeally think she knows ;)

Even if I'm wrong though I think you're pretty safe. Anthropology majors tend to be pretty awesome in this regard. Apart from which your conversation reminds me somewhat of a typical convo between myself and my close lesbian friend Claire (not that I'm insinuating that your sister is a lesbian). In fact she was the first person I came out to, and our conversation didn't go completely unlike yours.

Good luck, Robbie :)

:hug:

-Kevin

I hope that it goes very well for you Robbie.

Of course, it's my hope that the coming out process goes well for everyone but I'm biased towards our GA homeboyz.

There are a number of you that showed up here at GA in their late teens and are now in college. You guys "grew up" here and have "brothers" (your peers), mentors like CJ and Kevin and a crazy Uncle James who would very merrily knee cap anyone who messes with 'da familiy.