New Metallica

Tiger

Death Magnetic  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are the songs on the new Metallica album, Death Magnetic, as good as you thought they would be or are you disappointed?

• I'm very disappointed. I was hoping it would be as good as The Black Album.
    • After St. Anger, I am not at all disappointed, because it could not be worse than St. Anger.
    • The songs are awesome! I haven't heard any new Metallica songs that were any good since The Black Album.
    • It's okay, but nothing will ever come close to being as good as The Black Album or other early Metallica albums.
    • It's just as bad as St. Anger if not worse! Disappointment is an understatement.

The new Metallica album has been released. I'm sure many were hoping it would live up to the hype. I'm going to go with #4. I've only heard one song so far, and that is "The Day That Never Comes". While it is better than anything from that awful album, St. Anger, nothing compares to The Black Album, though Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets had some good tunes as well.

Ride the Lightning, Black Album, Justice for All and Master of Puppets were good albums.

This new one... I haven't heard much of it, but at least it doesn't seem to be as bad as St Anger. Still not great though...

0:) Martin

Honestly, I wasn't feeling it with St. Anger. I agree with Martin about the best albums. I especially like Black Album and Master of Puppets. Ride the Lightning had some good ones too of course.

• 1 month later...

After the whole Napster thing in the 90s I promised myself that I would never again be a Metallica fan, and so far I've kept up with that. So this album would have to be very remarkable indeed for me to have anything but mild disdain toward them.

Well, Kevin, even with the Napster thing I still feel able to let myself enjoy the older albums... but then again, my dad already owned them so I didn't have to buy any :P

(This year is the the first time Ive ever had to actually buy an album myself, because before now my dad has already had everything Ive wanted to listen to :P )

Martin 0:)