Gay Epic Fantasies. Where?

Just started reading A Royal Thief yesterday, and I'm already at chapter 13. The site only have 18 chapters, and if it's still unfinished then I'm afraid I will not be able to move on. I would be needing closure. Sigh... :( This always happen to me with good stories.

Does anyone have a complete copy of ART? Can you share? Please.... :P

I would owe you a life debt. You own my life. :worship:

• Site Administrator

I know someone who claims to have a copy of the complete story. I don't know how happy they'll be to distribute it, though, as they are friend of Drake's and may be sensitive to copyright issues. I'll ask.

• Site Administrator

The bad news is that the rest of the story won't be available through either email or posting somewhere else. It appears that Drake had strong views on copyright and it would be a clear violation of his wishes to distribute the story without his permission.

Efforts are being made to try to contact him, but until they succeed, I'm afraid the rest of the story is offline. Which is a pity for me personally, as I still had it on my list of stories to read, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to recommend "The God Eaters," but I see that's already been recommended twice over.

As far as print novels are concerned, Guy Gavriel Kay usually inserts passing mentions of homoeroticism in his novels, but not enough to qualify as gay novels. Marion Zimmer Bradley's Heritage of Hastur, in the Darkover series, is another novel that springs to mind, if you can tolerate the fact that one of the gay characters is a predator.

That's only the tip of the iceberg, though. There are many high fantasy novels featuring gay characters, most of which I haven't read personally, so I'll simply refer you over to the folks who have. GLBT Fantasy Fiction Resources, already mentioned, is a great source for information on gay fantasy. So is Lambda Sci-Fi's Recommended Reading List (it includes fantasy) and Alternative Sexualities in Science Fiction and Fantasy and many other sites.

The bad news is that the rest of the story won't be available through either email or posting somewhere else. It appears that Drake had strong views on copyright and it would be a clear violation of his wishes to distribute the story without his permission.

Efforts are being made to try to contact him, but until they succeed, I'm afraid the rest of the story is offline. Which is a pity for me personally, as I still had it on my list of stories to read, too.

I've been wanting to read ART since I heard about it, and it's very sad that it seems the issue won't be resolved any time in the near future.

Just for the record... if what I write ever becomes popular at all, and all of a sudden I disappear, feel free to post my stories wherever. :P If I don't show up to complain about it, I'm fine with it, lol.

I trust you'll keep us posted if anything new develops that you hear of, Graeme, and I appreciate you sharing what you know about ART's status. :D

• 4 months later...

Well...Ive read a couple of awesome fantasy themed gay stories before but the first one which comes to mind is 'Darshian Tales'. Its got to be THE BEST fantasy themed gay story I have ever read. Here is the link:

Darshian Tales:

http://www.logophilos.net/darshian.php

Its got a pseudo sequel to it in 'The Pindone Files' set of stories (though that is set way in the future of that universe, so none of the characters from Darshian Tales appear in it). The author also has another section of other fantasy stories that arent so big as 'Darshian Tales' or 'Pindone Files'.

The other story 'Remastering Jerna' isnt exactly fantasy. Id say more like sci-fi.