Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 29

If anyone wants to see it (in google earth, google maps, or any satalite mapping program),

CJ, you spend way too much time in Google Earth. Is this what you do when you are snowed in - browse Google Earth for sunny climates? I prefer to live in one. I'll wave when you fly over next week.

• Site Moderator
I could have delayed the kiss after the interuption, until a later chapter, but I didn't want any kind of a cliffhanger. smile.gif

Did this first kiss come too soon in the story? After all, it's only chapter 29. innocent.gif

I think if there had been one more interruption, a lynching party would be forming.

CJ, you spend way too much time in Google Earth. Is this what you do when you are snowed in - browse Google Earth for sunny climates? I prefer to live in one. I'll wave when you fly over next week.

Lol... Yes, I find Google Earth addictive. It's fantastic for "seeing" a place, such as that Iranian military base, or La Palma, or somewhere I'm planning on going. For travel planning, it's invaluable; it can be set to show hotel locations, and that's a fantastic way of finding rural places to stay. Most travel search engines are city-based; you enter the name of the city, and it gives you a list. That's fine, *IF* you want to stay in a city. I don't like cities, so I avoid them where possible. For example, I found my hotel (actually an Agritourisimo, a converted farm) in Italy for next month on google earth. I'm paying half what it would cost to stay in a city. The difference more than pays for my rent-a-car, and I get to see a heck of a lot more of Italy than if I stayed in a city and used public transport. I also get to stay in a rural area, not in a city, so I'm far happier.

The same was true of some of the places I stayed on my recent drive to British Columbia and back; I managed to find some hotels that were nowhere near cities. I was able to check the surroundings, etc, too.

Another handy feature; the user photos. Not only can I see photos of various things, but I see where they are clusterd, which has twiged me to some interesting stuff to see in the past.

I'd say Google Earth is my #1 travel planner as well as being a great general-research tool. I love the thing. :P

And yep, when I'm snowed in, I spend a lot of time on it. LoL!

I think if there had been one more interruption, a lynching party would be forming.

I think you would be right.

Erk! Now, now, no lynchings or burnings!

I do suppose, though that this means I don't need to start a poll regarding whether the first kiss occured too soon in the story, what with it only being chapter 29 and all....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..