Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 29

I'm a convinced admirer of the way CJames "construct" his stories. Chapter 29, as usual, demonstrate his skill :worship: .

I admire even more the "depth" of his technical knowledge. The description of the ignition od an atomic bomb is a model

by itself ! well done :rolleyes:

"Farewell, Wilhelm," Felecia said in a soft, somber voice, as she drew her pistol and placed the barrel against the side of General Bradson's head.

'A quick glance at the map indicated that those two avenues were the most likely routes of retreat for the invaders, but just to be sure, every available plane, save for those now boring in on Kerman from two directions, were ordered to patrol the skies. As an afterthought, to prevent further friendly-fire incidents, the commander made certain that Iran's military transport aircraft were on the ground and would stay there.'

I hereby declare a cliffhanger! Great chapter CJ!! Wilheim's last gift probably will save them all in the long run, I'm guessing the Irainian pilots will not shut down their electronics and the impending pulse will render their aircraft unusable, possibly crashing before closing in on the General. Still there is aircraft coming from two different directions, I don't know if the radiation pulse can effect other aircraft before it reaches the C-130.

Don't forget the mountains blowing up again...and a nuclear explosion. I fear young Jansen and Keith's budding relationship is bout to be smashed. :( . Least the scenes between them two were HOT. :wub:

Jon

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :devil: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Awesome work Cliff. :worship::worship::worship:

I'm so happy for Eric and Jansen.

Poor General just survived a nearby nuclear blast and now has the barrel of a gun held to his head.

:ph34r:

Great chapter, Cliff, beginning with the opening scene which proved to be something other than it seemed at first.

As for the question of a cliffhanger, I submit the following into evidence:

"Farewell, Wilhelm," Felecia said in a soft, somber voice, as she drew her pistol and placed the barrel against the side of General Bradson's head.
Edited by MikeL
Great chapter, Cliff, beginning with the opening scene which proved to be something other than it seemed at first.

As for the question of a cliffhanger, I submit the following into evidence: I rest my case.

Right Mike

so was Felicia just using the general to get out then kill him or is it a move that is to show off to another guy who might rat them out?

Aww Eric deft liked the kiss with Jansen :)

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :devil: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Awesome work Cliff. :worship::worship::worship:

I'm so happy for Eric and Jansen.

Poor General just survived a nearby nuclear blast and now has the barrel of a gun held to his head.

Don't forget Jane lost Tarzan!!!

Must find new place to live!!

Jon needs to think about his place in a Gay Band!!

• Site Moderator

I was beginning to think that Eric and Jansen were never going to get that kiss in.

I don't think that Felicia should pull that trigger. It could mean a quick trip down since they are not that far off the ground.

so was Felicia just using the general to get out then kill him or is it a move that is to show off to another guy who might rat them out?

If she knows about the cook, then she may be doing it to make him think she's going to do it, then at the last second, turn and shoot him.

That sounds good, considering the 'betrayal' Scar had in mind for the General and the Marines. It would make sense that she would suspect the Scar of further betrayals, my guess is Wilhelm told Felicia before the mission of his suspensions.

• Site Administrator

Another Great Chapter Cliff :worship:

I do believe that there is other pilots on the plane other than the General, so I imagine Felicia is counting on having one of them take over the controls now that they are airborne.

I don't know if I can use the word irony here, but it might work.

Felicia I imagine knows about the cook and just like she hid something in the cargo that the General did not know about, General Bradson has some cargo hidden on the plane that will ensure his safe landing and escape from the mercinaries. The ironic thing is that Felicia gave him the final piece of his insurance policy and she doesn't know it yet :P .

Nothing like the irony of the situation to once again foil the Scar's plan, who next to CJ seems to thrive on it.

Wow...

CJames had been a naughty boy :P

How many times has he left us in cliffhanger?

Wondering if Eric & Jansen will... :wub:

Keith has his lingering worry,

so am I...

Four out of five members... gay

I wonder how Helen will spin this :(

On the other hand, I don't want Eric & Keith to separate.

Hmm....

• Site Administrator
Feeling the blood roaring in his ears, driven by his rising passion,

Did anybody else read this and think to themselves.....gasp!!! CJ is writing a sex scene :o

Either way, it was definitely a hot scene :worship:

This story is about relationships. :wub:

Why do we have all that silly bomb stuff interupting the main story. :blink:

Superb chapter, CJ! :worship::worship:

Conner

P.S. Eric and Jansen are together. So I don't see a cliffhanger at all. :D

Great Chapter CJ :worship:

It was good to see Eric and Jansen finally connect. It sucks that they were interrupted by Jane the first time. Maybe the volcano was giving off its own fireworks display for them. It got the volcano real hot....

The General Bradson escaped the blast.... but it appears that he is not out of the woods yet, well not with a gun to his head.

I wonder if Felicia is using it as a smoke screen to actually shoot the double crosser. No doubt she knows what is going on.

Edward

Nice work, goat buddy!!!

That was the most exciting chapter so far. I still want to know exactly what Felicia is up to. Is she going to kill the general? Is she working for a government of some coutry? I have a feeling we are in for a big surprise.

One other curiosity on my mind. What has the scar been up to during the last couple of chapters? :blink: :wacko:

I don't like having him hovering on the sidelines lining up more problems for everyone.

Wow...

CJames had been a naughty boy

How many times has he left us in cliffhanger?

Wondering if Eric & Jansen will...

Keith has his lingering worry,

so am I...

Four out of five members... gay

I wonder how Helen will spin this :

On the other hand, I don't want Eric & Keith to separate.

Hmm....

Helen might have her work cut out for her. :)

There are four members of Instinct; Brandon, Chase, Jon, and Eric. Brandon and Chase are very publicly "out", which as we saw in the Teluride chapter is hurting the band's prospects a bit. So, with Eric at least somewhat Bi, that could be trouble, as that would make 4 out of 3 non-straight. :)

BTW, I tried to set the groundwork for Eric's eventual "change" back in LTMP, when he had that tequila-driven conversation with Chase in San Francisco (At that point, I wasn't sure there would be a sequel, as I thought it might all play out in LTMP). That re-enforced the fact that Eric and Chase are alike in a lot of ways, and also showed that Eric has at least a little interest in guys. I've been trying to show that throughout Changing Lanes as well. :)

Did anybody else read this and think to themselves.....gasp!!! CJ is writing a sex scene :o

Either way, it was definitely a hot scene :worship: [/size]

Lol... Beginning the scene like that was intentional on my part. ROFL! :P

I admit, I rarely write sex scenes. I find them difficult. However, I do write them when I feel they are important to the plot, such as a first time for a couple, or like in FTL, when the sex scenes was critical to the plot in other ways.

This story is about relationships.

Why do we have all that silly bomb stuff interupting the main story.

Superb chapter, CJ!

Conner

P.S. Eric and Jansen are together. So I don't see a cliffhanger at all.

Thank you Conner!!!! :worship:

Great Chapter CJ :worship:

It was good to see Eric and Jansen finally connect. It sucks that they were interrupted by Jane the first time. Maybe the volcano was giving off its own fireworks display for them. It got the volcano real hot....

The General Bradson escaped the blast.... but it appears that he is not out of the woods yet, well not with a gun to his head.

I wonder if Felicia is using it as a smoke screen to actually shoot the double crosser. No doubt she knows what is going on.

Edward

Thanks Edward!

The General does have the issue of a gun to his head, but that might be the least of his concerns, due to the fighters hunting him.

At night, flying low through the mountians, he's likely to evade them (ground clutter plays hell with radar) but, over flat desert of, worse, open seas? The fighter radars would work quite well, for most modern fighters. The site described in the story is 6 miles NE of Kerman. :)

Nice work, goat buddy!!!

That was the most exciting chapter so far. I still want to know exactly what Felicia is up to. Is she going to kill the general? Is she working for a government of some coutry? I have a feeling we are in for a big surprise.

Thanks!! If there are any surprises coming, in any way, they will be hinted at in forshadowing many times. ;)

One other curiosity on my mind. What has the scar been up to during the last couple of chapters? :blink: :wacko:

I don't like having him hovering on the sidelines lining up more problems for everyone.

Thanks for bringing this up!

The timeline is very tricky here. In both storylines, I have to keep the timing at least roughly in sync. In The General's storyline, it's

well under 24 hours since he took off from Somalia. It's been several chapters, but, it's still a matter of hours, not days.

I think he's making out with Yuri. This is the other big surprise of this story.

We did have that LTMP chapter, "the kiss", where he kissed Dimitri in Rome. :) What we saw there was that he certainly isn';t homophobic, though his background indicates he's straight. Say what you will about The Scar, he might have a few bad points (Nobody's perfect, after all) but he's not homophobic. :)

BTW, the next chapter is Chapter 30. That means that my original estimate, of Changing Lanes totaling 13-15 chapters, is almost certainly off. :*) The chapter is entitled "Feelings".

BTW, has anyone noticed that the chapter titles often match both storylines, but in different ways? In 29, Ignition, we had the bomb going off in the General's timeline, and a different sort of an ignition between Eric and Jansen in the other.

CJ

The "Farmhouse" listed in the chapter, that was used as a disguze for the main ventalation shaft for the underground base, might seem like a bit of a stretch. Basically, what looks to be a farmhouse, sitting on top of a mountain ridge overlooking a major military facility, nowhere near a farm.

If anyone wants to see it (in google earth, google maps, or any satalite mapping program), the coordinates are;

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..