Where are they all gone?

old bob

Hey Old Bob :)

I remember all of those individuals. I'm afraid my speculation is more or less the same for each of them. I think they got busy with other things. Of course I might be wrong, but that is my suspicion.

Naturally one might ask how someone can be so busy for two years that they don't have time to even drop by. However, I can definitely see how such a thing might happen.

I personally, have "disappeared" quite a few times since I joined the site. Very often I've been gone for up to a few months at a time. In those instances, yes I was busy with other things. Was I so incredibly busy that I couldn't have spared 5 minutes to drop by? Probably not, no. However, I know the sort of person I am. I tend to spend alot of time doing something, or else none at all. I have some degree of middle ground, and occasionally I can get into the habit of doing something for only a little while each day, but that is not my natural inclination. If I like doing something I jump in with both feet. If I have the time I don't read for an hour and then go on about my day; I read for the whole day. I don't go for a half hour walk; I go for an all day, on foot adventure. I don't go shopping to one or two stores for an hour; again, I make a whole day of it. Thus, when I log on GA it's tough for me to hang around for about a half hour or so and then leave. No, when I log on, I'm usually on for awhile, or else I feel "rushed" and don't have as good of a time.

So anyway, several times in the past I haven't had time to spend hours here, so I haven't spent minutes either.

I'm not saying that's what happened to them, but it could be.

Anyway, I wish them all well wherever they are :)

Take care all,

Kevin

People drift in and out with the currents of life.

Wow, doesn't that sound profound. :P

Only one of those guys I know about is Julien Gregg. No big deal, he just developed his own personal website. Along with writing his stories, that keeps him busy.

You know, a long time ago I had a less that satisfactory experience here. Maybe it was something like that. Some people hold grudges and never come back others get over it and return. Or, as suggested, some people move on through life and other things gain more importance. Life is weird like that.

I don't think there's some diabolical plan. Unless Phantom is plotting something -- he's like that.

You know, a long time ago I had a less that satisfactory experience here. Maybe it was something like that. Some people hold grudges and never come back others get over it and return. Or, as suggested, some people move on through life and other things gain more importance. Life is weird like that.

Hold Grudges? toward people on a website? i don't see how i can even fathom doing that, unless there's constant bashing which then moderators will probably know and either quell the problem then and there or well then they might lose to members. OR two memebers have met in real life, didn't have a good experience and then bashed each other on here or something, wouldn't know how a person can truly get a grudge...but i suppose it's possible toward people who take things very much to heart.

• 1 year later...

So I was scrolling through the forums, just reading things that caught my interest. I know this thread is old but upon seeing my old name on it I had to post something.

What happened to me? Well during writing my story Last Chance there had been an issue with a negative comment being made, I didn't handle negativity as well back then as I should have. Since I've been back and have looked back on it I have a good understanding and appreciation of said comment, it hadn't been a rude comment in the slightest. I guess I just got use to all of the positive feedback that I got on my halloween story.

Anyway off topic, so after getting done being upset I came back and completed Last Chance. After that I decided to take a break for a while and when I came back...I forgot my login information and the email I used when I signed up! I was stubborn, I did not want to create a new account so out of my stubborness...I didn't come back. In between those times I was busy with other writing projects. I do interactive text based roleplay through AOL chats. It's like collaborative writing and during the 2008 - 2009 years it was really hyped up for me and I had a really good story going.

Well then things with that died out and I got over my stubborness by early 2010 and made a new account and had my old stories transferred over by the mods. I started a new story. "Alien Peak" but then I lost my will to write. I'm not sure if it was for lack of feedback or why it was. I am one who really appreciates feedback. Even someone simply telling me they read it is good enough for me, just knowing that someone read it. I know the numbers show in the statistics but I rely on the feedback more. I am more often to check the thread for stories I create in the e-fiction discussion forum more so than I check the reviews section on the particular story. It's more convenient for me if I am exploring the forums to look for the feedback through the forums rather than going through the reviews section in e-fiction to check it.

Again off topic! So I eventually decided to come back this week because a story has been begging for me to write it since 2008 and after many attempts I've finally got a starting point that I am comfortable with. I agree with the poster above though, I could have at least dropped in during the times I was well aware of my login info, there was no excuse for that though I tend to be less of a social person, even online. I'll try to get better at it though!

• Like 1