*spoiler* I'm not normally

Excuse

I'm not normally one to notice anti-gay or homophobic slurs, because in all honesty it annoys me when everyone jumps on the band wagon. I feeel that when theres a huge uproar due to one thing said, maybe slightly out of PC standards, especially if its meant to be jovial, then it does nothing but hinder acceptance. As nothing is more off putting than a bunch of screaming LGBT shouting "accept us!" (and to think I was my university's GRO)

Now don't get me wrong I dont think homophobia is right! and infact just today I was quite shocked @ the contents of one newspaper page, which taking into context what I wrote above is a shocker. reading the daily star (what should i have expected i know) but yeah on the soap/tv page a review of torchwood stated "and really, ianto's death? it was obvious, 456 always beats two queens" Now i was annoyed because the two characters were anything but queens, and torchwood is still a sensetive subject :P More seriously though i hate the word queen, and i guess i could have gotten over it if that line was the only one, but then just a paragraph away the line "and why are soap's gays always so buff? why dont they potray someone like chris biggins." It felt liek the dick was just attacking gay guys... I blame it on RTD and torchwood leaving me overly sensitive...normally i wouldn't be so annoyed,.. but yeah I'm sticking to the independant from now on.

Hehe... you just said that to show off didn't you. Haven't been drunk in agesinnocent.gif ... maybe tonight... devilsmiley.gif

Haha, oh I'm embarrassed! I ended up at a party wth family, and I've been in the red for so long and not had a proper drink that i thought "Ah! screw it!" and let everyone buy me drinks :( ow! and :D have fun :P

You said it yourself, it's the Daily Star!!!! It's no excuse for such bigotry, but what else would you expect from that awful rag?

Besides, there are other uses for it...like when you run out of toilet paper. It's far better used for that purpose, than reading the damn thing. :P

p.s. I apologise... i think I'm a bit drunk :|

after watching the whole five episodes in one sitting...yeah, that's what I needed a pitcher of margaritas and some really sad Mexican cry in your beer songs...maybe not,

as it was I was moody all Sunday *sigh

and reading the above homophobic stuff just added to it.

I think I saw that in a brit review or maybe AfterElton...while looking around for other reactions to the series.

misery loves company...so true

p.s.

Excuse, your typing did not reflect your "condition"

when I'm tipsy, my spelling goes right out the windoe..:-)

You said it yourself, it's the Daily Star!!!! It's no excuse for such bigotry, but what else would you expect from that awful rag?

Besides, there are other uses for it...like when you run out of toilet paper. It's far better used for that purpose, than reading the damn thing. :P

I personally have used it for that purpose! Desperate for the toilet, realising that there was no toilet paper in the flat and none to be 'had' from public toilets for miles!

Someone in my flat was a reader (for comedy im sure!), and it was very handy ;).

Wow, do I feel...old? out of it? as if I were an anachronism? Haven't seen "Torchwood." Haven't been drunk in a long time. Well, it's time to make a change. Don't have the bandwidth or the patience to watch TV, therefore...pass the vodka.

PS: For "Excuse": Now I recognize the picture!

• Like 1

Wow, do I feel...old? out of it? as if I were an anachronism? Haven't seen "Torchwood." Haven't been drunk in a long time. Well, it's time to make a change. Don't have the bandwidth or the patience to watch TV, therefore...pass the vodka.

Haha, I hear ya David! I only just realised they were the same anyway. Torchwoods amazing *swoons over fictional characters* and if you aint drank in a while, throw yourself in the deep end, tequila chasers :P

I don't watch television either, I'd rather entertain myself in other ways. Would Raspberry Vodka do? It's waiting in the freezer! YUMM!

I don't watch television either, I'd rather entertain myself in other ways. Would Raspberry Vodka do? It's waiting in the freezer! YUMM!

Raspberry? Sounds a lot better than Absolute (original) or Level. Hmm.