Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 45

I agree with Connor, next Tuesday is prolly gonna set another record with the amount of people going to read the chapter.

I even set my calendar to remind me that it comes out :P

Oh and CJ, I had a question. Would the heat from the Magma/Lava melt the Nuke before it exploded or had time to chain react? If my memory serves me right, Nukes are very sensitive and the smallest jostle could render them unusable. Also wouldn't the head melt through the protective casing before the chain reaction went through?

Just curious :)

Eric

I agree with Connor, next Tuesday is prolly gonna set another record with the amount of people going to read the chapter.

I even set my calendar to remind me that it comes out :P

Oh and CJ, I had a question. Would the heat from the Magma/Lava melt the Nuke before it exploded or had time to chain react? If my memory serves me right, Nukes are very sensitive and the smallest jostle could render them unusable. Also wouldn't the head melt through the protective casing before the chain reaction went through?

Just curious :)

Eric

Unless the nuke was heavily shielded against heat, magma would make it unable to fire within a few seconds. Gun-assembly (Uranium core.. only Uranium can be detonated by assembly, though both Plutonium and Uranium can use an implosion design) is a lot more robust that most designs. Actually, nukes aren't all that fragile in most cases; look at the g-loading they endure during a missile launch and the re-entry. Then there are nuclear artillery shells (being fired from a gun is one hell of a shock) etc. But, the gun=assembly design is the most robust of the two, and that's why it was used in the very first nuclear bunker-busters (earth-penetrator warheads) back in the 50's.

The nuke in the tunnel has already gone off, so the magma won't be much of a concern to it. :) Had the nukes still been in the storage locker and had it been hit by a lava flow, there would have been no nuclear kaboom. :)

CJ :)

so yer not another Evil-Roy-Slay??? :2thumbs: but some one's going say its un-realistic?

what are we teaching out kids??

not you win some and you lose some??

winning or losing - are rare occurrences in life - other than that life is pretty boring and pathetic

Hey Darth Vader got away!!! and came back even badder!!

George certainly made a killing at the boxoffice

the good guys would think w-t-f at least we can get strike-back or if we strike-out

mmmm Lucas still can smile to the bank

hehe CJ make the movies!!!

I need a gay job!!

I'm willing to bet that no one can make a good case that the next chapter is unrealistic. :)

BTW, things seem quiet in here.. So, I'll have a contest! The prize? An early look at Changing Lanes 46: "Out of the Frying Pan..."

I'm willing to bet that no one can make a good case that the next chapter is unrealistic. :)

BTW, things seem quiet in here.. So, I'll have a contest! The prize? An early look at Changing Lanes 46: "Out of the Frying Pan..."

Contest? Where? (Frogs are always ready to play.) *Nervously looks for goat entering the pond*

Contest? Where? (Frogs are always ready to play.) *Nervously looks for goat entering the pond*

It's cleverly hidden from frogs, in the thread entitled Contest! :P

B) .......Frogs should stay clear of frying pans!! :lmao:

We could always make an exception in MikeL's case. 0:)

B) .......Frogs should stay clear of frying pans!! :lmao:

We could always make an exception in MikeL's case. 0:)

I would point out to everyone, especially Cliff James, that goats have much more meat on them than frogs. Let's work up an appetite.

I would point out to everyone, especially Cliff James, that goats have much more meat on them than frogs. Let's work up an appetite.

B) .........Ok, frog legs as an appetizer, goat for the entre'

Will everyone stop picking on poor MikeL?

Cides... frog legs are high in fat :sheep:

Thanks, Eric. Actually, I have slender legs...not enough meat to satisfy anyone's hunger.

hey.. how come The Frog gets a defender, and no one sticks up for poor, innocent me when it's BBQ time? :blink:

B) ............Come to think about it, goats are kinda gamey and stringy! 0:)

Go figure, I get busy for a couple of weeks and the world turns upside down.

There is realy no escaping this one. The end is near and the Echidna is giving away contents of future chapters. Does that mean he has to stick himself with thoes quils?

Speaking of animals, it seems that we are back to goat roasting. I think we're going to need some meat tenderizer.

Go figure, I get busy for a couple of weeks and the world turns upside down.

There is realy no escaping this one. The end is near and the Echidna is giving away contents of future chapters. Does that mean he has to stick himself with thoes quils?

Speaking of animals, it seems that we are back to goat roasting. I think we're going to need some meat tenderizer.

Goat roasting?!?! ACK!

Here I post a nice, calm, relaxing chapter (Ragnar

Which means those of us on the east coast have to wait until 2 pm for the posting.

That will be 3 pm EDT, I think. Don't understand why some states opt out of DST.

That will be 3 pm EDT, I think. Don't understand why some states opt out of DST.

I don't understand why most states opt in to DST. :P

I very much like not having to reset all the darn clocks twice a year. So many things have clocks in them these days... IMHO, except for perhaps northern states, DST is both useless and a nuisance. :)

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..