Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

BWS

are we forgotten?

the weekend has already progressed towards its end stages....

and it's more than a week when we received the thus-far-latest Granger episode.

sniff.

-------

that said, another of my favorite writers had yesterday released almost ten chapters of their newest story...

Edited by Enric
that said, another of my favorite writers had yesterday released almost ten chapters of their newest story...

While I am certainly anticipating the next installment, what does another author's publishing schedule have to do with anything. Some save up chapters for a while then post the all at once, while others write quickly and have stories fraught with inconsistencies, grammatical errors and just horrible dialogue. Should authors pass up events in their real lives merely to please the impatient readers with entitlement issues?

Mark publishes quickly enough, especially since he has two stories being written at the same time. He warned us at the beginning of the third installment that it would be published at a slower pass, so one shouldn't be surprised that he has done so. I might also remind you, we aren't paying him to do this for us, and thus he is not beholden to post on some sort of schedule. This is something he is doing for his own enjoyment, which he has been gracious enough to share with us.

I might also add that a great deal of stories published on the net have weeks, if not months in between postings. Be glad that he has provided so many chapters to the two stories in such a compressed amount of time.

Edited by Hermetically Sealed

....what does another author's publishing schedule have to do with anything. ....

well, I see that you did not read well what it meant.

That I had lots of good reading (= almost ten chapters of a totally other story) . Which has something to do with the rubric of this message thread.

hopefully nothing makes stories you write as distraught. Not even with entitlement issues.

Edited by Enric
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BWS is short for Bridgemont Withdrawal Syndrome. There is only one symptom, a great desire to read new chapters from the Bridgemont series. I am already suffering from the affliction. Is anyone one else? :ph34r:

The symptoms sound like they would be the same as Banana Withdrawal Syndrome. :DHand on the back of the head,:D hair mussed up. :DShortness of breath, :DPalpitations:lmao: salivations and persistent swallowing.:wub:

:read:A great deal like the symptoms reading the stories themselves. :P

And what's this about a "NEW" story?:blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My symptoms are worse than ever! :ph34r:

Here's the deal. There a couple of reasons for a delay on the next chapter. First of all, there's time. I'm f**king busy. So f**king busy it's almost scary. It's the end of a semester, and it's usually like this. But more important than that, I've been trying to decide where to go with the story. It took me a while, but I figured it out. So the next chapter is in editing, and the one after that is about 30% written.

busy? yes what what about OUR suffering??? My partner is starting to suspect something as I call out in my dreams for this mysterious (to him) "Granger".... dearest dearest Mark worshippy.gif , if you could just forget that seething mass of ungrateful, unwashed gits you call "students", just for one day and remember us, us your loyal , devoted (dare I say intelligent?) readers..... please..... Hey! if you need help, I can stick gold stars and elephant stamps on adolescent ramblings as fast as anyone! all I ask is more Granger more of the time.... not unreasonable? innocent.gif <sigh>

all the best from the far side of the world......

busy? yes what what about OUR suffering??? My partner is starting to suspect something as I call out in my dreams for this mysterious (to him) "Granger".... dearest dearest Mark worshippy.gif , if you could just forget that seething mass of ungrateful, unwashed gits you call "students", just for one day and remember us, us your loyal , devoted (dare I say intelligent?) readers..... please..... Hey! if you need help, I can stick gold stars and elephant stamps on adolescent ramblings as fast as anyone! all I ask is more Granger more of the time.... not unreasonable? innocent.gif <sigh>

Alright you selfish bastard.biggrin.gif

I've almost got 23 done, but I didn't want to post it until 24 was finished, and it's only halfway done, since 23 is a cliffhanger.devilsmiley.gif

ROTFLMAO! UNWASHED Gits! :lmao:

Ok Markworshippy.gif , here's a deal - we won't bitch if you post? heh? good one? please...? It has got to the stage where coffee just isn't doing it for me I NEED Granger!!! I am a man in lust..... <sigh>

I just hope those students REALLY appreciate you, though I am sure they cannot appreciate you as much as your adoring and dare I say it, psychotic, fans of your writing.....

ok, so no posting... back to my coffee, to gaze into it's crema where images of Granger's arse ("ass" in American? - and I am not refering to his horse) come and go......

like I said ...psychotic.....

Ok Markworshippy.gif , here's a deal - we won't bitch if you post? heh? good one? please...? It has got to the stage where coffee just isn't doing it for me I NEED Granger!!! I am a man in lust..... <sigh>

I just hope those students REALLY appreciate you, though I am sure they cannot appreciate you as much as your adoring and dare I say it, psychotic, fans of your writing.....

ok, so no posting... back to my coffee, to gaze into it's crema where images of Granger's arse ("ass" in American? - and I am not refering to his horse) come and go......

like I said ...psychotic.....

A wish, granted.wub.gif

• 2 months later...

OK, reviving an old post here, but as a Grainger fan , I am seriously suffering here, and I am sure there are one or two like me....

I know, Mark :worship:, you said you were "cruising the french coast" for "inspiration"(!), but while "inspiration" is looking after you, could you just toss us a morsel, something just to freshen the fantasy? please? :D

OK, reviving an old post here, but as a Grainger fan , I am seriously suffering here, and I am sure there are one or two like me....

I know, Mark :worship:, you said you were "cruising the french coast" for "inspiration"(!), but while "inspiration" is looking after you, could you just toss us a morsel, something just to freshen the fantasy? please? :D

I've done a little work on the series lately. There's a chapter in editing, and one half-written.

Hey! Don't press him. You get less than his very best when he is furnishing a chapter because he is pressured instead of when it's ready.

Never bad, just some better than others. Filler chapters offering little story substance but lots of sex.

I've even turned in my troll card because of the realization. I'd rather wait for the fruit to be ripe, so to speak. So stir your coffee a bit and supplement with previous chapters. (CH 20 was in particular, a good one.) Take up jogging or some other hormone burning activity.

Me? I'll spend the time polishing the caronade for the next victim to kiss the gunnar's daughter.

Just give the master time for his craft to orgasm out another chapter when it's ready.:D

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..