Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

BWS

baaasmiley.gif The withdrawal has been back since Ch 32 of Master and Commander. aleric-cry.gif The wait for the new story to begin is agony. I check three or four times a day, but no Granger, no Caroline, no Winkler (maybe he will become like his grandfather's servant) specool.gif . The depression has set in.

Maybe we will at least learn the name of the new story. Maybe they will get a prize as they leave England and finally get rid of Calvert so Granger can get a new lover. tongue.gif

Keep us guessing Mark, we keep looking forward to all of your great stories................

Dave

1) There's no need to get rid of Calvert! :P

2) Knowing Mark, the works on the sequel are high.

3) It's usually two or three weeks between two stories (one finishes, the other one starts), so the BWS disease is likely to spread from the next week. You're just the first casualty. ;) Maybe Mark should post something as a Sneak Peak some time so that the number of casualties isn't very high. ;)

Edited by paya

1) There's no need to get rid of Calvert! :P

2) Knowing Mark, the works on the sequel are high.

3) It's usually two or three weeks between two stories (one finishes, the other one starts), so the BWS disease is likely to spread from the next week. You're just the first casualty. ;) Maybe Mark should post something as a Sneak Peak some time so that the number of casualties isn't very high. ;)

Well guys....

1. The name of the next story is "HMS Belvidera"

2. I'm not sure on the two weeks, but we'll see.

3. The Sneak Peek is an interesting idea. I'll think about it.

Well guys....

1. The name of the next story is "HMS Belvidera"

hmmm. not the true and expected 'Captain G. and apes from the maple laand' ? or '...and the lost tribes of east'? whut?

hopefully you at least remembered to give the young Mark one of those roles as ship's boy.

-------

btw, as I recollect, you haven't told us how you ended up to marriage? and when? and how old is your kid?

Edited by Enric

Interesting, a Ships boy!! Well i'd probably be better at it than Granger, that'd be cool to be written in one of Mark's Stories, but Useing ones own name....is rather difficult. Mark Would have a tough time making anything bad happen to a fellow mark i darsay.

Either Way HMS..His Majesties Ship.....Why on earth is this ship so damn important.....i'm currious. And Mark i think u lied to me. If Intrepid is a Schooner

During the 16th to 18 centuries, the golden age of piracy, the schooner was a popular craft for pirates, as it could carry up to eight or more cannons.- Wikipedia...

a Brig is Technically Better than a Shooner. a Frig is better then a Brig but either way....i'm sure a Brig is not a Downgrade of a Schooner. Schooner only has 8 guns while a Brig has like 12-18 guns and a Frigate more yet

The first British frigates carried 28 guns including an upper deck battery of twenty-four 9-pounder guns (the remaining four smaller guns were carried on the quarter deck) but soon developed into Fifth Rates ships of 32 or 36 guns including an upper deck battery of twenty-six 12-pounder guns (with the remaining six or ten smaller guns carried on the quarter deck and forecastle).- Wikipeadia

Cuz u did say Somewhere in MAC, That a Brig would be a Downgrade to Granger.....and unless it's because the Captain of a Brig isn't as important as a Captain of a Schooner or a Frigate.

Edited by Mark M

Interesting, a Ships boy!! Well i'd probably be better at it than Granger, that'd be cool to be written in one of Mark's Stories, but Useing ones own name....is rather difficult. Mark Would have a tough time making anything bad happen to a fellow mark i darsay.

Either Way HMS..His Majesties Ship.....Why on earth is this ship so damn important.....i'm currious. And Mark i think u lied to me. If Intrepid is a Schooner

a Brig is Technically Better than a Shooner. a Frig is better then a Brig but either way....i'm sure a Brig is not a Downgrade of a Schooner. Schooner only has 8 guns while a Brig has like 12-18 guns and a Frigate more yet

Cuz u did say Somewhere in MAC, That a Brig would be a Downgrade to Granger.....and unless it's because the Captain of a Brig isn't as important as a Captain of a Schooner or a Frigate.

Intrepid was a sloop-of-war, not a schooner. The term "sloop", in the Royal Navy of that era, usually meant a three masted warship. They generally had between 14-24 guns. The French called these ships "corvettes."

It's been my experience that sailors are always looking for something bigger than they have at present.

I'm talking about ships here, guys! :P

I've always thought bigger was better. Unless you pass age 30 and it starts to happen to your waistline.thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

:blink: a few WEEKS??? :blink:

::thud::

:wacko:

I think this the first time I've EVER seen you run a few WEEKS between sequels. :worship:

I can wait. I'll go read James as he nukes the bejesus out of something else.

NO PRESSURE, THOUGH.:wub::D

Edited by Hoskins

Surely you can make it for a few weeks?

Oh! The weeks are going by. Where is Captain Granger? blink.gif

It seems like months, mad.gif When can we expect to hear something about the HMS Belvidera???? sad.gif

My withdrawal seems to be getting worse by the hour. aleric-cry.gif Checking for the story day after day after day. OOOhhhh!

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. I miss George Granger. He's my hero. My heart is breaking. :(

Well, I was going to post Chapter One of the new story this weekend, but a certain someone keeps nagging me about my lack of details, so I made some revisions. When they get back from review, it's off to Joe.

Well, I was going to post Chapter One of the new story this weekend, but a certain someone keeps nagging me about my lack of details, so I made some revisions. When they get back from review, it's off to Joe.

REALLY??? DETAILS??!?!?!? i'm so excited mark!!! lol my nagging may pay off :D we'll just have to see :D

I like sex in chapters, so long as it adds to, rather than takes away from, the plot. :P

You and me both, but I couldn't resist making the comment.

The plot has really developed. I wasn't a fan for the first few chapters. I thought the sex was gratuitous. Now it develops the plot. (And my fantasies!)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..