Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

BWS

BWS is short for Bridgemont Withdrawal Syndrome. There is only one symptom, a great desire to read new chapters from the Bridgemont series. I am already suffering from the affliction. Is anyone one else? :ph34r:

Shouldn't that be GWS? Granger Withdrawal Symptoms? Whatever it is I hope there is a cure real soon! I'm wearing out my keyboard checking for it!!

Edited by Orrock

BWS is short for Bridgemont Withdrawal Syndrome. There is only one symptom, a great desire to read new chapters from the Bridgemont series. I am already suffering from the affliction. Is anyone one else? :ph34r:

Where I come from, 'BWS' is Beer, Wine and Spirits ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BWS is short for Bridgemont Withdrawal Syndrome. There is sceptic.gif only one symptom, a great desire to read new chapters from the Bridgemont series. I am already suffering from the affliction. Is anyone one else? ph34r.gif

Oh! The wait for the next chapter is soooooo loooooonnnnngggg. Where is Rattlesnake? Will it come into the harbor before the Intrepid sails? Have they captured a prize? Are they gone? How will they get rid of another Wilcox? ohmy.gif

Will Calvert recover completely? Will Granger find an Indian lover? sceptic.gif

Is another great story taking its place? It is so hard waiting for the chapters of two stories.

Keep up the great work Mark.

Oh! The wait for the next chapter is soooooo loooooonnnnngggg. Where is Rattlesnake? Will it come into the harbor before the Intrepid sails? Have they captured a prize? Are they gone? How will they get rid of another Wilcox? ohmy.gif

Will Calvert recover completely? Will Granger find an Indian lover? sceptic.gif

Is another great story taking its place? It is so hard waiting for the chapters of two stories.

Keep up the great work Mark.

Another chapter will hit soon. I wanted to get the first 6 chapter of Bloodlines posted because of story flow, then we'll get into a more regular, alternating rhythm.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm suffocating. And I'm trembling a little bit. I need a fit and it was TWO days since last chapter of any Mark's story! I feel dizzy. And there's no Master nor Commander to save me! My blood pressure is high and my blood lines are trailing off, I can't find my pulse! PLEASE HELP!

I think I'm suffocating. And I'm trembling a little bit. I need a fit and it was TWO days since last chapter of any Mark's story! I feel dizzy. And there's no Master nor Commander to save me! My blood pressure is high and my blood lines are trailing off, I can't find my pulse! PLEASE HELP!

Perhaps you have not seen Mark's blog. There's supposed to be a new chapter tomorrow. :)

2 days? Really? You're suffocating? :wacko:

Try following some of the other hosted authors here. :thumbdown: You'd be on life support by now...or dead.

When it comes to posting chapters, Mark is very much the exception here at GA. Now don't get me wrong. I love GA and the many great authors that are here. But no one, and I mean no one, posts chapters like Mark.

Whenever I see the title "Fast and Furious", I think of Mark! :worship::worship:

• 2 weeks later...

well I've got it now, and it was only yesterday that a new chapter was posted. I was spoiled, I managed to read all three stories over less than a week. I was avoiding work. and now my escapism has had to end, unfortunately.

what is the rhythm with it, or does it change? I know you post a lot, but before I hadn't noted exactly how frequently.

celia

well I've got it now, and it was only yesterday that a new chapter was posted. I was spoiled, I managed to read all three stories over less than a week. I was avoiding work. and now my escapism has had to end, unfortunately.

what is the rhythm with it, or does it change? I know you post a lot, but before I hadn't noted exactly how frequently.

celia

it's like every other day there's a new chapter, either BL or MaC

but recently Mark publishes the two quickly one after another and then we have to wait a day or two ;)

I'm on every other day at this point, but it may not last. We'll see.

thanks for letting me know :). it sounds good, even if it tapers off. (argh, freaking out about the essay right now anyway! shouldn't really encourage more distractions)

actually, I don't know how you live in academia, it just stresses me out. i love the subjects, but the writing and having to do it as a 'job' (as in pressure) kills me. I think I'm just burnt out, but then again I've always hated and struggled with the writing, it's just worse recently.

anyway, thanks for the good stories, and I'm glad you get pressure pleasure writing them,

celia (I actually typed that without thinking, stress)

Edited by Smarties
  • 4 weeks later...

BWS is short for Bridgemont Withdrawal Syndrome. There is only one symptom, a great desire to read new chapters from the Bridgemont series. I am already suffering from the affliction. Is anyone one else? ph34r.gif

baaasmiley.gif The withdrawal has been back since Ch 32 of Master and Commander. aleric-cry.gif The wait for the new story to begin is agony. I check three or four times a day, but no Granger, no Caroline, no Winkler (maybe he will become like his grandfather's servant) specool.gif . The depression has set in.

Maybe we will at least learn the name of the new story. Maybe they will get a prize as they leave England and finally get rid of Calvert so Granger can get a new lover. tongue.gif

Keep us guessing Mark, we keep looking forward to all of your great stories................

Dave

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..