Your Favorite Artist?

I have always admired women more than men: I find them more interesting and entertaining. I will name three of each: Madonna, Janet Jackson, and Britney Spears are my favorite entertainers. Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and Céline Dion are my favorite vocalists. Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, and Nicole Kidman are my favorite actresses. I also admire Jane Fonda, Susan Sarandon, Sally Field, Sissy Spacek, Shirley MacLaine, Anne Bancroft, Goldie Hawn, Katharine Hepburn, Vanessa Redgrave, Maggie Smith, Joanne Woodward, Elizabeth Taylor, Judi Dench, Jill Clayburgh, Faye Dunaway, Renée Zellweger, Charlize Theron, Jessica Lange, among many others. I'm such a cliché! 

• Haha 1

Amanda Palmer is my favourite artist. She just creates so much cool art. Primarily music, but she does interesting performance art as well. She's been a living statue (the Eight Foot Bride), she's acted in a short film written by her husband, Neil Gaiman, she's created tonnes of awesome music, music videos and so on, and was even a stripper for a while, which I think in itself is also art, or at least can be. She's written a book called The Art of Asking, which is amazing. She's released several art books in conjunction with her albums. She's worked with lots of other artists, like Jason Webley (their album/art project Evelyn Evelyn is wonderfully weird and cool and awesome), Ben Folds (and Damian Kulash from OK Go, and her husband, on the album 8in8), and, recently, Jasmine Power, on a song called Mr. Weinstein Will See You Now (should be self explanatory what that one's about). Her cover of Pink Floyd's Mother is amazing, and the video is even better (but it has uncensored nudity, so not gonna link to it; look it up, though, if you don't mind that). She's . . . fairly political. And bisexual, so there's that.

This is my favourite of her music videos. Long intro, but it's hilarious. Features drag queens, hipsters, and Stoya (boobs are censored in this version, but fair warning, probably NSFW):

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1