• To have huge group of faithful friends
    • To travel all around the world
    • To be healthy on a long range
    • To find the meanings of life and accept it
    • To have a strong believe
    • To reach an very old age
    • Other expectations (explain)
  2. 2. Is this poll serious or just a joke

I've basically given up on the fairytale happy endings. Happiness for me nowadays consist of the small things. Hearing my niece laugh, cookies, a good book, a good game, rain, and my eventual global domination when my mothership arrives.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Call me rigid and unrealistic, but I would be happy if I had complete and utter control of my life. There are times when you have outlined the day, estimated the possible outcome, made some back up plans yet one event throws you off guard, ruining your entire outline and throwing that predictability away. For me, that is simply unacceptable. I want everything predictable and within my control. When something doesn't, I go into terrible depressions that could last the entire week. Which again, is not acceptable. Although as I grow older, I realized that there are some things that occur outside the bounds of your control, something within me still craves that sense of control and security that predictability provides. Though I'm not saying that spontaneity can be a bit boring. I guess I'm not just cut out for it.

Aside from that, eternal life and health would be good (if possible) :lmao:. And lots and lots of delicious food. XD And of course, let's not forget the beauty sleep that we all love and crave. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to have a loving, caring and faithful monogamous partner, but I also want to stay close to my family. but those two options seem to be mutually exclusive. I'd have to sacrifice one for the other. If I had those two, I could have been the happiest person in the world but well...

Never had a partner, don't have a great job, don't really know what i want to do with my life or how the hell i'm ever going to be able to afford to live in this city (maybe i'll move to the country...).....

But i generally find i'm always happy. I don't know, i think it's important to live every moment, and get away from that all-too-human preoccupation with the past and the future. Living in the NOW and appreciating the little things is really important to happiness in my mind. Not stressing about anything you can't change, or anything that's not an immediate problem, not worrying about things that are in the past and can't be changed.

I do think friends and family are important, love somewhere in your life, but i think self acceptance is more important. I think Bumblebee's right. It's hard to imagine other people loving you if you're not ok with yourself.

Oh. And cupcakes. :D

Edited by Zolia Lily

I voted for "other".... All of the options are nice to think about, but none really resonate with me. I don't expect to meet a "Mr. Right" in my lifetime (popped that bubble last year), and I'm not driven by money or a need for family/friends (damn being an INTJ loner lol).

At this point in my life, I want to just see what I'm capable of doing. There are many things that catch my interest, but as for settling down for JUST one thing.... I can't do it. It seems stifling to put myself into a rigid outline, and I need wriggle room in life.

Reading the posts from the Elders makes me think about how much can happen in life, so that to try to predict or contain or direct our steps seems hopelessly deluded. I mean, the idea of being secure (in whichever form) is nice, but ideas are not necessarily truth.

This poll was very difficult to answer, from my view. Definite answers are few and far between, and our opinions are ultimately subjective, but... It's nice to know that it is possible to have an opinion. To be able to hold fast to something is always nice, provided that we don't get too attached, since attachment causes suffering.

Heh... Now that I've wandered through philosophical terrain...

• Like 1

Hmm... I chose "other". At this point in time, I'm unsure of how I would define "happiness", but I think if I had to say something right away, it would be the ability to understand. I'd just love to always be able to walk in another person's shoes, see their points of view, and never dislike someone ever again. I suppose that's wishful thinking, though!

• 1 month later...

I guess not to have a control freak as an important part of my life who wants everything to be done per his say.But that been said, I guess I'm as happy as I can be now. I have a wonderful friend, and while I don't have a boyfriend, most of my family loves me (and I love them) very much.