• To have huge group of faithful friends
    • To travel all around the world
    • To be healthy on a long range
    • To find the meanings of life and accept it
    • To have a strong believe
    • To reach an very old age
    • Other expectations (explain)
  2. 2. Is this poll serious or just a joke

i like to think that my life isnt very important. i'm just another statistic. another dot on the map.

i believe i could change the world in my own way, whether simply by stopping something doing something stupid or majorly like being the next Bertolt Brecht.

I believe i can love another man with my entire heart which i do and have done for over two months now.

I have the ability to do anything. I could hurt someone , i could make someone joyful, its why i'm human. Life isnt just about being there , life is about being the person that you are and having the experiences also.

As the old saying says "Experience is a wonderful teacher, but her fees are extremely high".

Haven't you listened? He doesn't date. He f**ks. He even says so. tongue.gif

That's wonderful. I hope your relationship lasts forever. smile.gif

Hey, Tiger, that's fine with me! I can f**k first and start to be friends later on...anyone who f**ks more than once is going to start forming an emotional bond...it's just the way our minds work--it's the latent telepathy we all have, and it starts to work independently of what shields we build around us.

At the moment all it would take to make me happy is for people to stop dying around me. My mum's entire close family (her generation and up) have all died in less than 2 years... 3 of them in the last 6 months (my uncle was the last apart from her and he died this morning) and now she is in hospital with a broken hip and pneumonia. And then there are my friends... one suicide, one accident... and now it looks like the bloody angel of death is orienting his sights on me... well f**k that!!!

• 5 months later...

As the old saying says "Experience is a wonderful teacher, but her fees are extremely high".

Well - I have paid the price and still paying the price of admission and the interest

If I am Pinocchio well I wanna be a real GAY Boy with all the rights to experience that balance life.

If not then light a match and burn me - let another piece of wood - make their wish and pay the price.

I want general safety, a loving partner, kiddies and enough finances to support a comfortable life, including good food, occasional holidays, excellent healthcare and education for my future children. I want everyone to be healthy. And to be honest, friends come second to all of that. If I could have lots of good friends but never a good partner or the other way around I'd choose the partner because I really want children and I really want an incredibly stable environment to nurture those children in.

I'm not really a social butterfly- as long as science is my friend I wouldn't be that bothered by their absence.

Having said all of that, I could probably be happy without a couple of those things but I wouldn't be completely happy.

Furthermore, to make my happiness ultimate I would live healthily with my future family forever and with eternal beauty :whistle:

I picked find and keep a loving partner and other because iw ant my family to remain close and be healthy and safe as they make me happy and i will want a big family of my own one day :)

there of course is stuff like a good job and otherstuff but mostly my family now and my future family are what will make me happy :)

I picked finding the meaning in life. Growing up, the world always seems like this big adventure to me, a grand mystery story waiting to be solved, and I was the main character. It may seem like a fruitless endeavor, trying to unravel the meaning of life. But to me, it's not how the story ends, but how I play out the plot. =)

Or fly into your face and totally attack you like "AARGH, I'll teach you to touch my wings, you little punk!

sorry, my old job had a butterfly garden. :ph34r:

LOL

I totally had that happen too and some of those butterflies are huge, but i love the qoute, loves sayings like that :)

Or fly into your face and totally attack you like "AARGH, I'll teach you to touch my wings, you little punk!

sorry, my old job had a butterfly garden. ph34r.gif

Seems like the 'in' thing for aquariums to have, butterfly display in the late spring to mid-summer, and lorikeets the rest of the time... Of course, Long Beach's Aquarium of the Pacific occaisionally has displays of live sharks--out of the tank--when vandals strike...last time was a few years ago...one of my friends almost got fired, but the timing of the sharks put them out of the tank during the previous shift, so someone else got the axe for not making their rounds and patrols.

Life is sometimes sad. Bad days are followed by good ones and our moods often change. If young or old, we have all our expectations of how our lives should be on a long range. I remember my young years and what I expected from my future.

As I got older, I understood to be less presumptuous and to be content with what I got. Life teaches you to be modest. How is it for you?

Old Bob

i vote to keep a loving partner even thought iv never had one i'd like one who liked me for me.

At this point in my life I feel quite clear on what I want from it.

I want to be able to skateboard as much as possible

I want to be able to snowboard as much as possible

I want to be able to find, create and indulge in good music as much as possible

I want to be able to find, create and indulge in good art as much as possible.

I'd also like to have kids at some point in my life.

Anything else I sincerely feel is unimportant. I'd like to change the world as cliche as that is, but I dont think I will, and I'm at terms with that. In all honesty, all I want from my life, is to be able to live it, in my own way, without other people/systems telling me what I should be doing.

If my thinking will remain along these lines in the coming future, I'm unsure. Perhaps not as I become further indoctrined into adult life.

yeah i can't answer this question. some degrees of some would make me happy and some aren't necessary at all. in my family, if you're male, you don't expect to see sixty. we're good at being stressed out and having heart attacks. it doesn't really bother me; i can't see myself as an old person. already i feel like not-myself just because i can't do flips and my hair is going away slowly. without hair and flips, what good am i?

Loving partner, well paid/interesting job, healthy, long life, and other.

Loving partner is obvious, someone to share my life with and to keep me in check.

While it might seem materialistic, the importance of having a well paid and interesting job does a number of things to make you happy. For one, you don't have to wonder if the car will start in the morning, or if you will be robbed in the middle of the night because you live in a sketchy neighborhood. You also will come home at the end of the day to your super model husband who walks around the house oiled up and in a thong 24/7 and feel good about yourself (okay maybe the supermodel husband is a stretch, but a gay boy can dream, can't he?).

Health is obvious as well. Without it, you can't expect to live comfortably all the time, nor can you expect your friends and family to be happy if you're in and out of the hospital for something.

Long life: More time to enjoy the things and the people that make you happy.

Other? Well, everyone has their own personal happiness. Mine is materialistic. Sure, I could say some hippy BS like "world peace, end of hunger" blah blah, but I'd like to see technology continue to make leaps and bounds. I don't mean just my hobbies of cars, computers, and energy systems, I mean everything, which I guess would extend to world happiness in a way. Advancements in medicine to cure AIDS or cancer, advancements in automobiles to make them safer and have smaller carbon footprints, and a whole host of things. Things that would help people live longer and create jobs so people can live better.

Also, one thing I like to do is expect the worst of any situation. When the worst doesn't come, I wind up pretty happy. When it does, I'm no worse off than if I had expected better.

• 4 months later...

Being a good friend to those around me, travel, I'm also happy in my job, just enjoying being with friends and sharing experiences and I'm fortunate enough to mostly be able to live my dreams, acept the hot ones, Hugs, take care

To not think one way or the other about what I need to be happy. To just exist in the moment, taking the steps that need to be taken, following the labyrinth pattern at my feet only concerned with the immediate. Doing what feels to be right in that moment, whatever it is, for whomever needs it, and remaining true to myself.

i want to find my other soul mate, my life long husband :)

I would like a group of true friends i could trust and a good wealthy job to support my family and one i would enjoy.

For my parents to live along side of me and make it to old age, a good house a good car and I'll be happy, maybe a kid when im not stuck in my selfish teen years :P

Hmm.. I picked Other..

I am surprised that so many stake their happiness on a "partner," of course everyone wants to feel loved, but I wouldn't let that dictate my happiness at all... I don't like to place my happiness in other peoples' hands anyway.

I don't like change all that much, I tend to be happy with every day living. If something surprises me and turns my existence upside down I can feel a bit depressed for awhile until I get used to that change.

I picked To find and keep a loving partner and other

to have a girl who i love and who loves me for who i am, who can accept me for all the crazy things that are me, and wont look at me in disgust, will make me feel sooo good

i also picked other, to be happy i need to accept myself for who i am, i mean, how can i find that loving girlfriend, if i hate myself?

right now to be happy, well i want something that can take me out of my mind set, and let me feel like a normal carefree teen

An interesting poll. I'm not so far behind you, Bob. And the answers that I would LIKE to give are not necessarily the answers that I actually lived.

I would have assumed that finding and keeping a lover would have been my number one priority in life. As it turned out my need for financial security trumped my need for love. I've got plenty of financial security, however, I'm paying for it by being in a love-less relationship. Not a bad one, just more like a room mate. The down side is that loneliness often threatens my well being. Sometimes the need to be touched is so overwhelming that there is a physical pain.

Now, after decades of near-obsessive exercise, my body is broken and I'm in pain 24/7. Had I known what I would deal with later, I would have given up the 8-pack abs and V-shaped torso. Crushed vertebrae and worn out knees makes doing just about everything painful. I can't even clean my own house. Going out and having fun means making sure my prescription for pain killers is filled. With enough medication and a trip to the chiropractor, I can have a few hours of limping around a mall or hobbling to the movie. If I can sit down, the fun is much more liable to happen.... Standing? Well, that's now my exercise.

Oh my young friends, cherish your youth and ability. Revel in the freedoms that you can enjoy.

As I type this, if I pause and close me eyes, I can still feel my lithe, muscular body moving on the dance floor. The physical is transmuted into music - my body ceases to exist. I could pirouette (on toe) for 30 minutes if I wanted to with one leg extended straight up in the air beside my head. Or do the splits while leaping over my tallest friend. I could do 20 consecutive 7 or 8 minute miles and then go work out or strip down at the nude beach and swim a few miles.

Every nerve ending in my body was a potential erogenous zone unto itself. I could think myself into an orgasm or respond to the slightest caress. Moving between the physical world and the world of sensation was effortless and frequent. I was quite hirsute with a three-foot long braid of hair hanging from my head, and standing naked in the water at the lake, every SINGLE hair on my body danced under the water - my skin was alive with sensation. My ENTIRE being was feeling. If I closed my eyes, the physical world blinked out of existence; all there was, was sensation. The hair on my body was like ten million caresses making love to every nerve ending. Just standing there - naked, motionless in the water, with all that body hair undulating - the world itself made love to me.

I miss feeling the sunshine biting my skin. I miss being able to evaporate into my emotions and sensations. Just like humans, the world itself rejects old lovers. The hair has mostly fallen out, the muscles are long gone, the music has stopped but the memories...! Oh my, the memories!

Cherish your youth. Relish it. Concentrate on it. Memorize it. Catalog every sensation and emotion. Collect them, those will be your treasures later in life.

If I close my eyes, I'm 20 years old again. I'm standing tall, my eyes are bright and clear. And the music is playing. I can dance when I close my eyes. I can see myself whirling around, each of my lovers appearing with each turn I make. My naked muscular, hairy body tickled by and tickling my partners. And I'm smiling. I feel. Oh, I do feel! Joy, contentment, pride, passion, love, unbound ability. I can live when I close my eyes.

Answer the poll today, keep the answers for tomorrow. Our needs, abilities, and desires change through life. But under it all, we're trying to create something, something that we think is absolutely vital. My need for financial security drove me well off the path I thought I wanted to follow. Living one life but wanting another is a set up. We're all setting ourselves up for something, make sure you know what it's for.

Agree with Simon, to be happy with myself,being there for those who need me, and making a difference in what way. I'd also need to be happy in my job, not necessarily being well paid. radio is my passion so I hope to make a huge difference in the radio industry and make it more meaningful than just being a chirpy dj, bringing people together and using the power that radio has to cause a ripple in the waters of complacency. I dono if that sounds like its too much, but I'll stand by that. Thanks for your though prevoking and interisting oppinions