• To have huge group of faithful friends
    • To travel all around the world
    • To be healthy on a long range
    • To find the meanings of life and accept it
    • To have a strong believe
    • To reach an very old age
    • Other expectations (explain)
  2. 2. Is this poll serious or just a joke

Life is sometimes sad. Bad days are followed by good ones and our moods often change. If young or old, we have all our expectations of how our lives should be on a long range. I remember my young years and what I expected from my future.

As I got older, I understood to be less presumptuous and to be content with what I got. Life teaches you to be modest. How is it for you?

Old Bob

Edited by old bob

Accept that some things cannot be undone and do not cherish false hopes. It's easier said than done. But I honestly think it's a clue to happiness.

This is probably one of the wisest things I've read anywhere.

To these wise words I would add: enjoy what you have rather than lamenting what you don't have.

Kit

• Like 1

This is probably one of the wisest things I've read anywhere.

To these wise words I would add: enjoy what you have rather than lamenting what you don't have.

Kit

wow ! "I'm happy that my poll brought such clever answers".

On the other side, you cannot underestimate the daily difficulties you have to follow these advises. Theory is much easier than praxis.

BTW, I tried to remember the answers I would have brought 62 years ago, when I was 18. For instance, I would answer to the second question : "a joke" :P ....and certainly not "to find a partner" at the first place :lol: .

Love. Simple as. Not necessarily the love of a committed partner... could be the love of a child, a friend, your family. With love around you it is posssible to cope with anything, overcome anything and happiness is assured. :)

I used to think there were certain things I needed in order to be happy but I now, I'm not so sure.

A few years back, I can to the realization that, even though I don't have a lot, I have had a very full life. I have seen a few other countries and almost all 50 states here in the U.S. I think the only thing I want at this point is a job that's kinda easy and a nice place to fish:2thumbs:

Hugs,

Tom

• Like 1

Making somebody laugh is pretty fun.

Well Chase, that was quite nice and selfless of you. Keep that up and you'll lose your negative reputation. :thumbdown:

Seriously, I have a problem with the job choice. I've had jobs that paid shitloads of money, but they sucked. I'd much rather have a job that I liked, that was fulfilling, whether I make a lot of money or not. It took me a while to realize that money can't make me happy (not having it can make me really unhappy, on the other hand). I'm pretty much there with my job now.

• Like 1

Reminds me of one of those posters available through the SkyMall catalogues...this one was attributed to someone in baseball, Tommy Lasorda of the Dodgers, I think:

Expect the worst, and hope for the best.

Reminds me of one of those posters available through the SkyMall catalogues...this one was attributed to someone in baseball, Tommy Lasorda of the Dodgers, I think:

Expect the worst, and hope for the best.

I prefer... expect the best and accept the worst. If you go through life always expecting the worst it will be a pretty miserable life.

My favourite is... if you keep your eyes on the stars you don't see the shit your feet are walking through. And if you fall now and again a mouthful of shit doesn't hurt... just tastes bad and makes you appreciate the sweetness even more when your head breaks the surface.

Might be worth taking swimming lessons though

I chose the first six and the last one. The first one is pretty important. I know I need a good man in my life, one who will make me feel loved and protected. Of course, I want to do the same for him, because that is just as important to me. I do want a job that I enjoy more and will pay for the lifestyle I want, which does include traveling the world, something I've wanted as long as I can remember. Friendship is just as important as a loving relationship, and I want my significant other to be my best friend forever so to speak. An extended circle of friends that I can trust is important. I want to live a long and healthy life. However, in order to have that, I see the need for some lifestyle changes, and I'm willing to take those steps. The meaning of life is something that a Sagittarius naturally seeks. Who doesn't want to understand what life is all about. Why are we here? What are we supposed to do to make a good impact on the world? I often think of these questions among others. I think that I can easily accept the answer when I find it though. The other... balance. I have long been unbalanced, but I am slowly reaching this goal. I want to be at peace, to be able to truly put the past in perspective and be able to take life day by day and be able to enjoy life even when things don't always go the way I want them to go.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the wise man who got this topic started because happiness is definitely a goal in my life. I don't think it can come more serious than when we talk about happiness as, in my opinion, it is comprised of all the positive things you have in your life. I chose only to have and keep my partner and to be healthy in the long run. Money is important, no doubt about it, but as long as I have the first two I have more than enough reasons to smile and start my day well.

Wow! My first post on a forum (not counting the one I wrote to present myself when I first arrived at GA) and it's about something as great as happiness!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif What a great way to begin my posts. Thank you so much to whomever started this topic!! You rule!

Take care

• Like 2

My male friends are what gives me happiness because from them I get intimacy, trust, honesty, vulnerability and loyalty. I do my best to give these same gifts back to them. :wub:

....and it only took me 55 years to figure that out. :P

I prefer... expect the best and accept the worst. If you go through life always expecting the worst it will be a pretty miserable life.

My favourite is... if you keep your eyes on the stars you don't see the shit your feet are walking through. And if you fall now and again a mouthful of shit doesn't hurt... just tastes bad and makes you appreciate the sweetness even more when your head breaks the surface.

Might be worth taking swimming lessons though

I think the saying is reversed and I slipped in my quote...it should more appropriately be, "Hope for the best, expect the worst." The point is, don't quit just because you're not ahead, and don't give up hope; for when you give up hope, all is lost.

I'm one for the simple pleasures.

The blood of my enemies on my blade, the look in his eye when I twist the blade, hearing the lamentation of his women, the smell of napalm in the morning...

It's all good. :)

I chose the first option. My boyfriend is the world to me and he knows it. I'm happy right now and will be until the end of my days.

I know I sound like a lovestruck teenager, and I admit to being one, but when the damage is so complete and irreparable...my boy is all I need to face another day with a smile

I'm one for the simple pleasures.

The blood of my enemies on my blade, the look in his eye when I twist the blade, hearing the lamentation of his women, the smell of napalm in the morning...

It's all good. :)

Has anyone told you that you're scary? :ph34r:

Has anyone told you that you're scary? ph34r.gif

He may be scary at times, but I'll bet he's one heck of a protective boyfriend! :D

Make me happy? If anything ever happens to Rob, I want my next lover/husband/boyfriend to be muscular...just to feel safe wrapped up in the arms of a big, strong kitten of a man...

Rob & I just got the video DVD of our wedding ceremony...so it's like we were able to re-do the day...it is SO specool.gif !

He may be scary at times, but I'll bet he's one heck of a protective boyfriend! :D

Make me happy? If anything ever happens to Rob, I want my next lover/husband/boyfriend to be muscular...just to feel safe wrapped up in the arms of a big, strong kitten of a man...

Rob & I just got the video DVD of our wedding ceremony...so it's like we were able to re-do the day...it is SO specool.gif !

:D:D:D:D That's really cool. I'm happy for you! :D:D:D:D

Haven't you listened? He doesn't date. He f**ks. He even says so. :P

That's wonderful. I hope your relationship lasts forever. :)

• 3 weeks later...