Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  292 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Mark Arbour

Totally awesome resolution of the cliffhanger! :2thumbs: Thanks for the early posting, Mark! :great:

Danfield's a hoot! Robbie's as sweet as ever. Cole's so dumb ass funny now that he has a girlfriend. Turner's a stud!

Cody's a jerk! :thumbdown:

you understand this is not exactly an advertisement about your blowing skills :)

Well, he hasn't had a chance to spend the night with me yet. ;)

Chapter 20 was good. I'm glad that the team, more or less, is okay with Matt's sexuality. It seems that the only two who didn't like it at all are off the team.

Well, 20 went up before I could comment on 19!

Thanks for the hockey game, Mark, I loved it. I could follow all the action in my mind and it was great to look up and see Matt's new, extended family in the stands.

I thought the resolution of Cole's sexuality (**ahem**) came too quickly, however. I wanted Matt to have time to teach Cole a thing or two. And, I wanted to read all about it!

Bryan

Well, 20 went up before I could comment on 19!

Thanks for the hockey game, Mark, I loved it. I could follow all the action in my mind and it was great to look up and see Matt's new, extended family in the stands.

I thought the resolution of Cole's sexuality (**ahem**) came too quickly, however. I wanted Matt to have time to teach Cole a thing or two. And, I wanted to read all about it!

Bryan

Maybe, but if he's straight, he's straight. Besides, I had to clear him out of the way for Matt's next love interest(s).biggrin.gif

Totally awesome resolution of the cliffhanger! :2thumbs: Thanks for the early posting, Mark! :great:

Danfield's a hoot! Robbie's as sweet as ever. Cole's so dumb ass funny now that he has a girlfriend. Turner's a stud!

Cody's a jerk! :thumbdown:

I don't like to keep you guys hanging for too long.

I don't think Cody's a jerk, I think he just has issues. His biggest one is one that most of us have either encountered or had ourselves: fear of commitment. But he's basically a good person, and an amazing f**k. There are worse things.biggrin.gif

I don't think Cody's a jerk, I think he just has issues. His biggest one is one that most of us have either encountered or had ourselves: fear of commitment. But he's basically a good person, and an amazing f**k. There are worse things.biggrin.gif

I had to think about this for a while. Everybody has their favorite characters and I loved JP even when many readers didn't. However, I'm having trouble right now liking Cody at all. If he was having commitment issues, there were a lot of ways he could have dealt with them rather than getting in bed with Brian not long after Matt was brave enough to introduce him to the hockey team as his boyfriend. Matt was right, Cody was being a coward, and he intentionally hurt a guy who had been nothing but great to Cody. Matt had a right to enjoy the high he was feeling after helping his new team to win their first game and having so many people show up to watch him. Cody just kind of flushed the whole night down the drain. If Cody is messed up, that's his problem and he should either deal with it or just stay away from Brian and Matt rather than dragging them into all his issues. (Not that Brian doesn't have his own.)

I can always change my mind on characters though, and I hope that Cody gets past his issues so I can root for him again.

Loved the chapter, as always, and thanks Mark for updating so quickly!

I had to think about this for a while. Everybody has their favorite characters and I loved JP even when many readers didn't. However, I'm having trouble right now liking Cody at all. If he was having commitment issues, there were a lot of ways he could have dealt with them rather than getting in bed with Brian not long after Matt was brave enough to introduce him to the hockey team as his boyfriend. Matt was right, Cody was being a coward, and he intentionally hurt a guy who had been nothing but great to Cody. Matt had a right to enjoy the high he was feeling after helping his new team to win their first game and having so many people show up to watch him. Cody just kind of flushed the whole night down the drain. If Cody is messed up, that's his problem and he should either deal with it or just stay away from Brian and Matt rather than dragging them into all his issues. (Not that Brian doesn't have his own.)

I can always change my mind on characters though, and I hope that Cody gets past his issues so I can root for him again.

Loved the chapter, as always, and thanks Mark for updating so quickly!

See! Cody is a jerk! Great observations, Jenni!

Oh WOW!!! :blink:

chapters 19 and 20 blew my mind away :wacko:

I thought I had it pinned: Cole or Cody. :read:

Apparently: neither! :lol:

Okay, it was soooo f**ked up!

Cody was f**ked up!

What is WRONG with him? :angry:

Can't commit? He did the ONE thing he knew would drove Matt away! :angry:

Now I can safely say that Brian and Cody are made for each other!

They're two f**ked up souls :wacko:

Both want the other but don't want the other!

More psychotic you couldn't be! <_<

It's just so wrong for Matt :(

This is Cody Warren, my boyfriend...NOT anymore :angry:

So I guess I'll see where this story goes from now on ;)

(and probably stop making guesses...NOT :lol: )

Edited by Rad

Well I made one premature conclusion about Caroline in MaC, so now I'm more careful to say "Cody is a jerk" because we simply don't know how it happened. We know how it ended - Cody's dick up Brian's ass. But what was Cody doing between the dinner and the f**k with Brian? I'd ask why he simply wasn't with Matt and his teammates, now when they were introduced. What stroke me - if I remember correctly - Matt went right to Brian's when he was searching for Cody - wasn't that weird? But I digress. In short, I'd wait if we'll get to know Cody's version - all we heard was "Cody f**ked up."

Moreover Matt said this bullshit, something like "F**k whoever you want" or something like that. People, don't say things that you'd regret later or you don't take them seriously! ;) They both have their share, Matt wasn't in celibate since he departed from Malibu.

Edited by paya

I'm so ready for a new chapter. Anybody else ready for more Matt? And paya, you make a good point. Matt is a total slut boy. HOWEVER, he wasn't sleeping with an ex. That's what's different when it comes to Cody.

I'm so ready for a new chapter. Anybody else ready for more Matt? And paya, you make a good point. Matt is a total slut boy. HOWEVER, he wasn't sleeping with an ex. That's what's different when it comes to Cody.

It will become clearer later, but Matt isn't pissed off that Cody is sleeping with someone, he's pissed that he was looking forward to spending the weekend with him and then Cody goes and f**ks Brian. So here's a question for all of you: You ever had that one guy/girl that you were with before, and it's really hard (damn near impossible) to be around them and not f**k, or at least not want to? I think that's Cody's deal with Brian.

That's only because he hasn't had an EX! :D so far he only f**ked what appeared in his hand's reach! ;)

It will become clearer later, but Matt isn't pissed off that Cody is sleeping with someone, he's pissed that he was looking forward to spending the weekend with him and then Cody goes and f**ks Brian.

It will become clearer later, but Matt isn't pissed off that Cody is sleeping with someone, he's pissed that he was looking forward to spending the weekend with him and then Cody goes and f**ks Brian. So here's a question for all of you: You ever had that one guy/girl that you were with before, and it's really hard (damn near impossible) to be around them and not f**k, or at least not want to? I think that's Cody's deal with Brian.

That certainly correlates with my own experiences, although I cannot recall a single instance of any positive outcomes. Cody's character, as drawn so skillfully by Mark, is very realistic to my eyes - someone who derives self-esteem from being an object of lust, and is reluctant to allow anyone to get too close. In the story, Matt sagely diagnosed the way that Cody invariably pushes a lover away when they get too close, but also always tries to keep them interested. Cody is relatively young, and not everyone settles into a long term relationship at 26; he is almost a sex god, so good luck to him. There is a power dimension to every sexual contact and relationship, and although Cody may not have the maturity to understand it, he does react instinctively to preserve his ego. In any case, I seriously doubt that Matt is ready for committment.

The very fact that we are so actively disucssing this is testament to the quality of the writing, so why not just chill a little and enjoy? Cody is a very finely drawn character in a great story.

• Like 1

Hehe... very good point. They are very 'real' aren't they?

I think that Brian Matt and Cody should be kidnapped by terrorists and imprisoned in a cave for a couple of days/weeks/months... being forced to work things out between them. They could shag the brains out of their captors to earn their release. As an added extra Matt could get sick and Brian forced to preform the kidney transplant with Cody on the kitchen table with a rusty spoon thereby forging an unbreakable link between all three of them forever. :) Sorted :)

• Like 1

I think that Brian Matt and Cody should be kidnapped by terrorists and imprisoned in a cave for a couple of days/weeks/months... being forced to work things out between them. They could shag the brains out of their captors to earn their release. As an added extra Matt could get sick and Brian forced to preform the kidney transplant with Cody on the kitchen table with a rusty spoon thereby forging an unbreakable link between all three of them forever. :) Sorted :)

Off your meds again I see. :P

Off your meds again I see. tongue.gif

Hehe... what meds? They haven't caught me yet :) Besides I was just saying what I would do in this situation. You know what my stories are like :) Wel.... maybe not the rusty spoon :)

That certainly correlates with my own experiences, although I cannot recall a single instance of any positive outcomes. Cody's character, as drawn so skillfully by Mark, is very realistic to my eyes - someone who derives self-esteem from being an object of lust, and is reluctant to allow anyone to get too close. In the story, Matt sagely diagnosed the way that Cody invariably pushes a lover away when they get too close, but also always tries to keep them interested. Cody is relatively young, and not everyone settles into a long term relationship at 26; he is almost a sex god, so good luck to him. There is a power dimension to every sexual contact and relationship, and although Cody may not have the maturity to understand it, he does react instinctively to preserve his ego. In any case, I seriously doubt that Matt is ready for committment.

The very fact that we are so actively disucssing this is testament to the quality of the writing, so why not just chill a little and enjoy? Cody is a very finely drawn character in a great story.

Excellent points. I agree with you. And thanks for your kind words.

I know this is a soap opera, but that would be a little extreme, even for me. Unless Stef could decorate the cave first.

I know this is a soap opera, but that would be a little extreme, even for me. Unless Stef could decorate the cave first.

Ooooh I would LOVE to hear that described. I bet there would be tiger skin and tastefully placed mood lighting. Oh go on Mark... maybe not the kidney transplant but the cave... go on... the cave... :)

so it's up to me to start the topic...

well it was beautifully written Mark, skillfully and with tact, not overly dramatic but still sad :(

I like how the teammates now know how to console Matt and are not afraid to do it :) they're real friends :boy:

(and I must admit, when I first saw the comment to the chapter, I thought the kidney turned off :ph34r:)

Edited by paya

ch21:

this felt so full of animalistic sex

------------------

I want to have.... err, to see sex between Carrswold and Danfield.....

Mark, kindly appease.

Danfield is just such guy who's right for being nicely gay-sexual.

Edited by Enric

Thanks guys. When I picked this time frame to write the story, there were a few key moments that I wanted to work in. Two of them were f**king hilarious: the George Michael getting busted in the bathroom thing, and the whole Lewinsky bruhaha. Both seem to me like so much ado about nothing now. Then there was the Matthew Shepard murder. It rips me up now just as much as it did when it happened. I almost bought his mother's book, but stopped myself, because it was just too much. I didn't want to get to know him any better because it just made the whole thing that much harder.

It seemed inevitable that he would die sooner or later. It was hard enough reading the chapter where he was introduced in the series. It was like it was before he was to become the lamb led to the slaughter. It was like you wanted to be able to warn him of his impending doom. But alas, that bright light extinguished never to burn brightly again.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..