Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

...JJ and Will are 12 and 11 years old,respectively. Let's wait until they're 15 in 2001 before they'll go to crazy parties. Darius, however, is 16. I'm sure Matt will take him to a Stanford party at some point.

11 and 12 year olds are having crazy parties with their pals - such are called 'sleepover' and the crazy elements are feeding one another some junk food, drinking sugary things (coke, sprite and such), being awake half the night, and nattering with each other unto stupor. Coke, as in phark for 15-yo or 216-yo boy...maceuticals, is not in the menu. Sugar hangover happens, instead of alcohol hangover.

Still, it does not essentially differ from the spirit of booze parties...

well, and even 16-year-olds are not becessarily having any sex....

I think there is a remarkable difference between gay boys and hetero boys: girls who are needed for hetero boys' even first sex experiences, sadly look for something more mature - usually not much luck for 15-yo or 16-yo hetero boys. Whereas, almost any 15-yo gay boy could always find a semi-pedo or somesuch, to lose his virginity to...

(ch 11)

thank you Jer for filling the spot at the bottom of the page.

Edited by Enric

I thought the appearance of Matthew Shepard was great, considering the location. Still, it's quite sad considering that he died less than two months later. He was taken from the world long before he should have been, such a beauty he was taken from the world by two evil men. I've always imagined him to have a kind-hearted nature, very much one of the few effeminate types that I would be drawn to.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I didn't have time to read the books about him...something I need to do...but I pored over the stuff on the web. So then I built his character in my mind, and like Tiger said, I was really drawn to him. Truth be told, he kind of reminded me of "Mouse" without the hangups. I guess the whole thing made the incident much more personal than it had been before.

This chapter was great,

UNTIL Matthew Sheppard :(

Boy, that ruins my reading experience.

Knowing what will happen to him...

Suffice to say that this chapter makes me sad :(

On the other hand,

probably Mark would like to dabble in alternate history? :music:

Save Matthew Sheppard! :2hands:

Edited by Rad

Rad, sadly it wouldn't be true to Mark as a writer to do that. As much as I would love it if Matthew Shepard was famous for something else, it is ultimately his legacy. He is the face of the struggle we still face today and a reminder to all of us that life is too short.

• Like 1

Mark would NEVER do that. He writes in historical characters, but he would never change their fate.

And in this particular case, I think it will make it that much more real to the reader. I'm pretty sure I'll cry. Oh, and I have something for you that I'm going to send in the PM system.

Not yet, Enric. He's still playing the field so far.

Well, at least they are both in love... we'll see.

What was also interesting, the chapter was published around Google 11th birthday! ;-) I hope they'll listen to Brad! It could lessen the damage after the dot.com bubble.

Well, at least they are both in love... we'll see.

What was also interesting, the chapter was published around Google 11th birthday! ;-) I hope they'll listen to Brad! It could lessen the damage after the dot.com bubble.

Indeed. Google was one of the few that took off at that time, and the company has expanded exponentially.

I definitely believed Matt and Cody would not happen. On the one hand, it's a match made in heaven. On the other, it's a recipe for several painful chapters. :(

It seems that this is what we humans like to do. We set ourselves up for failure. :thumbdown:

Excellent chapter, nevertheless, Mark. :worship::worship:

I definitely believed Matt and Cody would not happen. On the one hand, it's a match made in heaven. On the other, it's a recipe for several painful chapters. :(

I don't know if it's really going to work. Cody has his life in LA with all the glitz and glamour of working with the stars. He could not have such a career in Palo Alto.

I don't know if it's really going to work. Cody has his life in LA with all the glitz and glamour of working with the stars. He could not have such a career in Palo Alto.

Being always optimistic ;) I think if Mark wanted to show us that relationships on distance don't work, he would have done that with Cody and Brian. In fact, this was presented quite quickly and without much ado. It's the fact we all here are quite "comfortable" with; or better said ready to accept. So I'm awaiting the line going around the difficulties in such a relationship but I would not primarily take a negative stance. Moreover there's the possibility of a comparison of a relationship on distance that had Brad and Robbie - they almost broke up but now they are presented as one of the most harmonic couples... So yeah... it will be interesting watching what's in the future for Matt and Cody, their relationship has its own

Talking about variables - do I get it right that the donor of the kidney will be chosen by the doctors and not by the wish of the recipient? Then my bet could still be taken into account! :)

In order for one of them to be a donor they had to "match" Matt. If the donor isn't a match, it is likely that his body will reject that kidney and the transplant won't work. I'm not sure about all the tests that are involved, but in any event, the doctors determined that three of them were matches. So among those three, it's really up to the donor and Matt.

Moreover there's the possibility of a comparison of a relationship on distance that had Brad and Robbie - they almost broke up but now they are presented as one of the most harmonic couples... So yeah... it will be interesting watching what's in the future for Matt and Cody, their relationship has its own

• Like 1

Yes, but it was not until that distance was no longer an issue that they were able to really have the relationship. And knowing Cody, he will not be able to control himself. While I'm sure they'd agree that they could have sex with others, it is when there are new emotional attachments when problems occur, and while Cody isn't quick to fall in love he is quick to have attachment to someone on an emotional level, and that could be damaging. I'm not saying they won't get together, but it won't happen until after Matt gets out of college. That's my prediction. Look at JP and Stefan at the other extreme. They loved each other for 40 years before they actually got together. My prediction is somewhere in between, and I think there will be strife. They're not going to jump straight to happily ever after. Besides, he hasn't even started college yet, and when he does, look for someone else to appear who is a possible love interest.

What a wise young bottom, er, I mean man you are. :P

They're not going to jump straight to happily ever after. Besides, he hasn't even started college yet, and when he does, look for someone else to appear who is a possible love interest.

Exactly. Yeah, Brad found his life partner at 17, but it is pretty rare, and to be honest, I don't really see Matt settling down at eighteen years old. That goes against his personality, as well as against his socioeconomic background- most people delay marriage and family if they are of high socioeconomic status until they're in their late twenties.

Going with that, Matt would be settling down about NOW, but not back in 1998.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..