Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

I agree about the Wade / JP scene, I immediately thought of 'where does he start?, how long will they talk?, etc' Then I thought, damn I wish I could listen in. Then I realized that I could start reading CAP all over again any time I want.

As for Matt's illness, I second the motion, get House here stat! Maybe it is hepatitis in a combination with the kidneys failing and it's throwing all the tests wacky.

Gah! Is there a Doctor in the forum? Step forward please!!!!

The narrator switch wasn't as jarring as I anticipated.

great chapter, (just makes me want more.) thanks Mark.

Bastard! I'm sitting here at the computer with tears in my eyes.

The ending of this chapter is one of the best. Two kindred spirits of two generations, comfortable with each other, with JP sharing his life with Wade. I can't find the words to describe what draws me to the ending, but something is there.

I couldn't agree more! :wub:

• Like 1

I'm curious as to whether news about Matt's health gets back to his parents, and whether it would melt their cold attitudes at all.

Fascinating question. I would like to think that they would jump on a plane and be there for him. I mean they changed his diapers! Once you've changed diapers for a person you tend to have some sort of of real connection. :D

Matt's parents really need to get in touch with what's important. I only hope I'm right.

that was hell in a nutshell, i really didn't think anything mark threw at us but frick i guess when you pretty much grow up in a hospital, it brings dreded feelings back....i'm glad claire made her apperance. Wonderfull woman :D

As for Matt.....so sad....so sad indeed what wdf does he have....?? what are we heading too??? jeepers i couldn't even guess.

tutti -

OK! When the f*** are they gonna figure out that he's been poisoned? :angry: I can't stand this any longer! He didn't run a fever and act like he had a flu or something so it's not HIV. When you sero-convert the body has a pretty big reaction. It's f*****g Lucretia Borgia that did this. I just can't figure out how yet. It was the next best thing to try, investigate the guy taking her son away. Find out his kidneys are bad. Then tax the kids system and let nature take it's course. This decline is too quick for syphillus too. From everything I've read in history it takes years for the desease to effect the nerves enough for organ failure. No, it was that bitch brahmin. Funny thing about that is I was thinking as I read that part how much she was like those cold calculating Boston Brahmins, then read Matt making a similar connection. Made me smile.

OK I'm gonna look at some posts then maybe write some more.

Dave

• Like 1

tutti -

Matt's parents doing the right thing??? HA! Yeah right like that will happen. Matt's parents are the type that swoop in when the gay son is near dead or dead and take posession of him and his stuff, have a secret funeral where the lover and friends are excluded and dump the urn in some mausoleum where it's out of sight and out of mind. If they arrive on the scene I doubt it will be pretty. I also seriously doubt that they will come before he died. Then they'll smuggly go to church each Sunday praying for his poor lost soul. (Puke)

I scanned 46 again and I don't see where the Medical Power of Atourney was signed. I'm going to assume it happened off set. :angry: After all Mark wouldn't have JP make that kind of error.

Dave

We need House M.D. Here. Right now.

No need to mention the uselessness of the poll when almost all possibilities were misleading, right? ;):angry: Because then it looks like you're making fun of your readers just to entertain those who know - e.g. members of your team. I really hope it wasn't the reason to make that poll, though some smart-ass remarks were there. But seriously Mark, it's I think second time you made a poll proposing possibilities that in fact are false or null. What's the point in asking when the readers are not able to guess the answer? :angry:

That is why I don't like guessing when we have limited or no information. Then it's practically useless. Now we know even less, though the bet on failing kidneys was pretty safe.

How come nobody mentioned nor tested Matt on hepatitis? :o When he's all yellow it's the first thing that comes in mind. Then the liver failing (I told you!) can point at mono but all those false tests are becoming sort of "old song", you know? We've already seen that, nothing new :/ so why to use it? But well... I guess I'm bitchy as Matt or Wade. Because five days passed and we don't know much more. But were the false tests really necessary? It seems to me like filling. :/ To increase the tension... but it didn't really work. More pissed off than tensed...

Well aren't you bitchy today.

Who says it's misleading? As for the medical scenes, I've got a doctor on my team, and he crafted the whole scenario for me.

So bite me.

• Like 1

I'm still thinking hepatitis C, the symptoms really seem to fit; nausea, fatigue, jaundice, liver damage, itching, foul breath. However, not sure if that could give a false positive on an HIV test. I know that the two sometimes infect a person jointly, since they are both blood born.

Liked the in character acknowledgments of Matt and Wade's resemblances to Brad and JP, almost a passing of the torches.

So bite me.

:lmao:

Now, caution is recommended here. We can't have members biting the authour. It's unseemly. Pretty soon members will be biting one another. There'll be no end to it.

Hmmm....on second thoughr, bite away. 0:):P

• Like 1

i think it's safe to say not only paya is in a bitch mood >.>

but i do sorta agree, it just went on about nothing in particular other then what it could be, not much development, but of course not everychapter can bring us from Palo alto to France to clarmont, to the sexual pleasurs by at least three people by the end :P Ahh if only it were still like that......N.O.T!!!

Of course I'm anxious and upset about Matt, but still that chapter was very well done. I like that Wade is narrating while Matt is out of it. Not only is it helpful to keep up on what's going on, but it's nice to get into Wade's mind for a little bit.

Everyone is just awesome in supporting Matt. Wade is the best boyfriend Matt could have, and JP is so wise and caring. I kind of miss Stef, but his personality probably would not be helpful to Matt at the moment, kind of like Robbie.

I'm curious as to whether news about Matt's health gets back to his parents, and whether it would melt their cold attitudes at all.

Stef makes a grand appearance later on. He's too fun to write to leave out for long.

i think it's safe to say not only paya is in a bitch mood >.>

but i do sorta agree, it just went on about nothing in particular other then what it could be, not much development, but of course not everychapter can bring us from Palo alto to France to clarmont, to the sexual pleasurs by at least three people by the end :P Ahh if only it were still like that......N.O.T!!!

You're kind of taking a schizophrenic approach to things. One minute you're telling me there's not enough detail, and then you tell me that I'm wasting too much time, uh, tending to the details. But I'm going to take this opportunity to point out that there's a lot in this chapter that is important later on, and Jenni really hit the nail on the head. There's a devotion between Matt and Wade that is rock solid. It's hard to show that in a more direct fashion than to show Wade absolutely unfazed in his devotion to Matt even in the face of syphilis and AIDS.

Then again, I could have just said "Matt is sick. No one knows why and it's pissing them off. Wade and Matt love each other." That would have been a short chapter and saved a lot of bandwidth.

hehehe i know :D never happy am i? i duno i think i'm plaid out on the whole matt and wade thing....can only go through the same thing so many times maybe...MAYBE this is knew and i'm currious to see what happpens. Now if this continues into the next few chapters with this chapter being key, thats awesome. i love how some authors like the only is a twelve book series uses the stuff we learned from it, and applies it to the last. Awesome. So now u have me even more excited.

Plus this is the first serious ilness with a main character. so lets see how this plays out.

Well aren't you bitchy today.

Who says it's misleading? As for the medical scenes, I've got a doctor on my team, and he crafted the whole scenario for me.

So bite me.

lmaosmiley.gif

Now, caution is recommended here. We can't have members biting the authour. It's unseemly. Pretty soon members will be biting one another. There'll be no end to it.

Hmmm....on second thoughr, bite away. innocent.giftongue.gif

Don't make false promises... with a vampire about you might find yourself being taken up on them :) *licks lips and sharpens teeth*

Seriously this was one of the best chapters of the story and one of the worse. I held my breath for most of it and blue really isn't my colour. I think the detail is just right and in keeping with the story and the characters. It is frustrating not knowing and having all the false results but that's what it's like. For anyone who has been through the process of being tested for something and not knowing you have the frustration, the worry, even the guilt just right. I think this is awesome writing. Give me more

• Like 2

Don't make false promises... with a vampire about you might find yourself being taken up on them :) *licks lips and sharpens teeth*

Seriously this was one of the best chapters of the story and one of the worse. I held my breath for most of it and blue really isn't my colour. I think the detail is just right and in keeping with the story and the characters. It is frustrating not knowing and having all the false results but that's what it's like. For anyone who has been through the process of being tested for something and not knowing you have the frustration, the worry, even the guilt just right. I think this is awesome writing. Give me more

I couldn't agree more. With all due respect to Mark M, I really don't want to read long descriptions of a hospital room. But this chapter dealt with the frustration everyone was going through trying to figure out what was going on with Matt. It's angst, it's plot, it's the heart of any well-written story. It drives us crazy sometimes, but without it the story would be bland. Yes, I got frustrated with the fact that Jack couldn't tell Matt what was going on, but that was the whole point. The fact that we care is a sign of how well-written the story is.

• Like 1

45 and 46 are two great chapters. I can feel Matt's frustration and his hope. I think you've described the way a patient feels - mostly accepting of the situation, while watching everyone else freak out - pretty well. And I sure feel for Wade and the rest of the family, watching Matt go through all this. It was also good to see Wade channel his frustration into the game, and a nice break for us to get out of the hospital room for a while. Even readers need a break. :)

I'm thinking Hep C + bad kidney function + who the hell knows what else, I sure hope the cure isn't worse than the disease...

I can't wait for Stef to show up, that will be interesting.

Well done, Mark!

I couldn't agree more. With all due respect to Mark M, I really don't want to read long descriptions of a hospital room. But this chapter dealt with the frustration everyone was going through trying to figure out what was going on with Matt. It's angst, it's plot, it's the heart of any well-written story. It drives us crazy sometimes, but without it the story would be bland. Yes, I got frustrated with the fact that Jack couldn't tell Matt what was going on, but that was the whole point. The fact that we care is a sign of how well-written the story is.

Well, hmmm how to respond.....as i was told by paya. "Think before you write"....so i will......*Thinks* *thinks again* what i don't think EVERYDAY *thinks again* *Is done thinking*

I guess i can see your point about not reading the descriptions of a hospital room, only if it applies i guess. Like if Wade would've picked up the heart listining thing and started listening to matts body parts..:D then we'd need to know that it was sitting to the right or left of the bed on the rolly, food thing that can come over the bed. Since really we just need to know the symptoms of matt and have people come and go it's ok. But whether it's a single (which i believe i picked up that it is) and whether that the blinds are closed or are wide open for everyone to see, and for matt to see outside (runing nurses and doctors) can be stressfull, and matt is just like anyone of the family, loves to help, hates to be helped.

Anyway! i do see your point jenni!(This is creepy because u have the name of my best friend! you arn't her are you!? haha) And i seem to agree on your last statement too, otherwise i wouldn't keep coming back for more. :o

Stef makes a grand appearance later on. He's too fun to write to leave out for long.

You're kind of taking a schizophrenic approach to things. One minute you're telling me there's not enough detail, and then you tell me that I'm wasting too much time, uh, tending to the details. But I'm going to take this opportunity to point out that there's a lot in this chapter that is important later on, and Jenni really hit the nail on the head. There's a devotion between Matt and Wade that is rock solid. It's hard to show that in a more direct fashion than to show Wade absolutely unfazed in his devotion to Matt even in the face of syphilis and AIDS.

Then again, I could have just said "Matt is sick. No one knows why and it's pissing them off. Wade and Matt love each other." That would have been a short chapter and saved a lot of bandwidth.

Sorry for double posting but i just saw something. Did you not see i said NOT at the end of it. I'm still telling you add the detail cuz it warms my heart.....plus it's f**king cold outside with the snow. :o

Well, hmmm how to respond.....as i was told by paya. "Think before you write"....so i will......*Thinks* *thinks again* what i don't think EVERYDAY *thinks again* *Is done thinking*

I guess i can see your point about not reading the descriptions of a hospital room, only if it applies i guess. Like if Wade would've picked up the heart listining thing and started listening to matts body parts..:D then we'd need to know that it was sitting to the right or left of the bed on the rolly, food thing that can come over the bed. Since really we just need to know the symptoms of matt and have people come and go it's ok. But whether it's a single (which i believe i picked up that it is) and whether that the blinds are closed or are wide open for everyone to see, and for matt to see outside (runing nurses and doctors) can be stressfull, and matt is just like anyone of the family, loves to help, hates to be helped.

Anyway! i do see your point jenni!(This is creepy because u have the name of my best friend! you arn't her are you!? haha) And i seem to agree on your last statement too, otherwise i wouldn't keep coming back for more. :o

LOL well I have a few friends in Canada, but they are all female and definitely not named Mark. laugh.gif

Hope it didn't seem like I was attacking you personally because that's not what I intended to do. I enjoy reading your posts, but I was just disagreeing on that one point.

Rrrawrrr... :P There's no biting smiley! :(

Well everyone cannot be positive all the time. ;) I thought we can tell you when we don't like something. And I believe the medical scenes are correct, no doubt about it. I could look up at least wiki or google the symptoms of failing kidneys but I absolutely trust you can describe them right and I'm sure all the crap Matt's going through should be all possible negative side effects or whatever.

But what I didn't like and what I thought was misleading was the last poll you made - about what happens with Matt. The possibilities you proposed to your readers were either the three from the ch45 plus "None from the above." that seems to be the right one sort of, after ch46. Of course all the false tests can return back all other possibilities etc. But I felt played on - one time you ask us about what we think, and next chapter it seems that all possibilities we were given to consider were false . "None from the above." is not a proper possibility, that's only to confuse the asked one and stir up shit after - "see you had a right possibility right there." God I'm sooooo glad I don't have to write your tests from finance or economy! Do you do that to your students too? :blink:

One more question - where the hell was Cody? He certainly knows about Matt. And if Brad and Robbie made it to the hospital, how come Cody hadn't, moreover when he's one of the donors? :wacko:

And thanks to alphadog and Hermetically Sealed, they do the research we lazy ones don't. :) Hopefully someone finds out what the hell is with Matt when even Jack has to wait for the tests that last a week! I thought he could pull some strings to get the results as soon as possible. In the state in which Matt is, when they arrive, it could well be "what the patient died on" :ph34r:

I don't mind feedback, but you're bitching about a poll and you don't even know if it's valid or not. Talk to me when you know the answer. That's like taking a test where the first question is tough, so you say the whole test is wrong. Besides, it's pretty wild to hear you say that when you get most of the polls right.

BTW, there are only two members of my team who frequent GA. One is Jeremy, who is simply playful. He has no desire to create anxiety or any negative emotions at all. The other is Sharon, and you all already know that she is patently evil.biggrin.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..