Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Group politics and the cult of personality is universal. Every group benefits and suffers from it at various times.

I suspect that whatever the intentions might be the fight, if there is one, between Wade and Jerry is going to be about personalities... it already is :)

One thing that has been bugging me since I have been trying to catch up on the entire series:

When Matt did that twink at the cafe bathroom stall (where Cody was going to dump Matt), Matt pulled out a condom (Safe Sex People!) and some lube...

Where was he keeping the lube? :blink: I mean, I can keep a condom or two in my jacket but I don't think of carrying a small bottle of lube. :blink:

And I have to tell you I am going to be sad when you get to the part of the story of Bloodlines is the point where you break up Matt and Wade. :angry:

I mean, you have broken up most of the couples in your stories except Jack and Claire. (Brian/Cody, Alejandro/Casey, Robbie/Brad when they went to different Colleges, Max/Marcel)

And for some reason, I have sympathy for Brian. I wonder if that's because I used to date someone like Cody and I HATE people like Cody. He seems more of a user then Brian is. And no people, I am not still bitter :P

Where was he keeping the lube? :blink: I mean, I can keep a condom or two in my jacket but I don't think of carrying a small bottle of lube.

Mark -

He probably was carrying one or more of those little plastic lube "pillows" (kind of what they look like). You can buy them anywhere and are frequently given out free at gay events that hand out condoms. Just enough lube for a single use.

Dave

OH, about the whole poison thing. I may have been reading too many of the Goats' stories. Yeah that's it I've been over exposed to Goat plot lines.

Well, the goat is quite an evil individual. We know this. I didn't consider poisoning to be the cause, because that would mean that someone close to Matt (most likely a female) was poisoning him on a regular basis, even in the hospital. Claire and Isidore are good women, and they would never do such things, and Matt's mummy loves him deep down. As for Danfield's mother, she's a serpent, but her husbands career isn't in complete ruin, so she has no reason to do that, and just like Matt's mummy she is not close enough physically. The only other thought would have been a woman from school, and the only girl enemy left, so there weren't any suspects for such a crime.

tutti -

One more thing! Surely this flashed through anothers thoughts as well.

I've been meaning to comment on Peter Parker being an average guy with an average build. The minute I read it my mind ran to another average, every day, guy next door type who also is named Peter Parker. Does this mean we can expect Peter to come swinging in to rescue Matt and Wade from some evil villain? ;)

Dave

Ch 50. Oh so juicy!! I love it!

The Matt/ Wade interactions were super.

The "vote" meeting was just awesome...so much drama! devilsmiley.gif I adore "evil" Steph!

Really looking forward to re-reading when I get home from work tonight, so I can take it slow and absorb all the little details. (Reading on the sly at work sucks!)

Ch 50. Oh so juicy!! I love it!

The Matt/ Wade interactions were super.

The "vote" meeting was just awesome...so much drama! devilsmiley.gif I adore "evil" Steph!

Really looking forward to re-reading when I get home from work tonight, so I can take it slow and absorb all the little details. (Reading on the sly at work sucks!)

I'm glad you liked it! I love writing Stef and Whist together.

Now you'll get it! I'm nominating you as the Evil King of the Cliffhangers! :devil: How dare you post such a chapter the day they announced the call for nominations! :P This is just... aaargh! It's a cliffhanger! And you'll pay for all of them! :2hands:

Otherwise... I really love CAP stories and I hope you will continue as soon as possible because even if you need to really develop HMS and all that story is nothing like CAP! And I know the seamen lovers will bash me but I won't give up, CAP is BETTER! :P Team Matt-Brad-Stef FTW! :lol:

Yeah, this story is so much fun! :) And emotion! :great:

Edited by paya

Now you'll get it! I'm nominating you as the Evil King of the Cliffhangers! :devil: How dare you post such a chapter the day they announced the call for nominations! :P This is just... aaargh! It's a cliffhanger! And you'll pay for all of them! :2hands:

Otherwise... I really love CAP stories and I hope you will continue as soon as possible because even if you need to really develop HMS and all that story is nothing like CAP! And I know the seamen lovers will bash me but I won't give up, CAP is BETTER! :P Team Matt-Brad-Stef FTW! :lol:

Yeah, this story is so much fun! :) And emotion! :great:

I've got a concept for the next story. It will be..different.

More like you're seconding my nomination, paya. And it's well-deserved now that we cannot nominate a goat of course.

I figured Chapter 50 would end before the election got under way, so it wasn't surprising. I'm always ready for more though. :D

Only two chapters left? sad.gif I have loved this story and am going to miss it. I hope you are already planning the next one!

Worry not. The story will pick back up in 2001. I'm sure that one will be a great one. I really hope that Matt is the main character again though. I like his perspective. :D

Worry not. The story will pick back up in 2001. I'm sure that one will be a great one. I really hope that Matt is the main character again though. I like his perspective. :D

I'd prefer it picked up in 2000 to catch the election run Bush - Gore, maybe even end 1999 to catch the Y2K hysteria and all the stuff around the new millenium (that in fact came as late as in 2001 ;) )

I'd prefer it picked up in 2000 to catch the election run Bush - Gore, maybe even end 1999 to catch the Y2K hysteria and all the stuff around the new millenium (that in fact came as late as in 2001 ;) )

I think he wants it in 2001 because of 9/11.

Worry not. The story will pick back up in 2001. I'm sure that one will be a great one. I really hope that Matt is the main character again though. I like his perspective. biggrin.gif

Mark hasn't done a 2 story character with CAP since Brad.... :o A while ago.

I'd prefer it picked up in 2000 to catch the election run Bush - Gore, maybe even end 1999 to catch the Y2K hysteria and all the stuff around the new millenium (that in fact came as late as in 2001 wink.gif )

Would be cool

I think he wants it in 2001 because of 9/11.

Would also be cool....i duno where i want the story....but i think 9/11 is a must. other then that.....nothing sevear is going on other then katrina in 06 or whatever....lol

Mark hasn't done a 2 story character with CAP since Brad.... :o A while ago.

Yes but Matt is certainly worthy!

Would also be cool....i duno where i want the story....but i think 9/11 is a must. other then that.....nothing sevear is going on other then katrina in 06 or whatever....lol

Actually, that was in 2005. That one could easily start in late 2004 for for the re-election of Bush. I'm sure there'd be lots of Bush bashing and pissed off people over the re-election. I'm all for it. :D

Yes but Matt is certainly worthy!

Actually, that was in 2005. That one could easily start in late 2004 for for the re-election of Bush. I'm sure there'd be lots of Bush bashing and pissed off people over the re-election. I'm all for it. :D

As the story is approaching the present times, I think we don't have to keep the three years interval, it can be less. Moreover the story can cover more than one year, starting in 1999 and finishing in 2001.

tutti -

How to get rid of Brian for good? Ah, I have a few ideas on that menu. One of which involves a wood chipper, and another involves a good friend from south of the border.:devil: But it's late right now, so I'll post more ruminations on a fun chapter after the sun rise...

Dave

At some point I'm sure Mark will write a story set circa 2004-2005, because JJ and Will, along with their cousin John Hobart, will be seniors in high school for the 2004-2005 school year. Mark likes to write about high school seniors, plus '04-'05 had a lot of interesting events that are too good to pass up. Gay marriage in Massachusetts, the election, the Indian Ocean tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, as well as the swell in the housing boom, where a three bedroom house in a just-okay part of Southern California could run for something like 800 k. Stefan is in real estate, so the 2004-2006 housing boom has to affect him.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..