Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Was it an American soap?

No, it was not an am soap.

It was a soap in my country, and not in english. The coming-out must have been in 1998 in the television, because the visitor I invited, was with us in 1999.

The visitor (that young actor) of course was a compatriot of mine - living in the same city. Not conceivably possible otherwise to have gotten him for just a meeting of a club....

I tend to believe that soap has not even been translated to english.

? -

Not sure how to address this post. Chp 51 certainly went from fun to serious in a heart beat.

Seems like Whist and Brian will spin off into the sunset, their hate fueling their bitter relationship as the fire grows and probably consumes them. To answer Mark, I did witness a couple who seemed unable to get beyond a deeply scarring incident. Their spiral was sad and unstopable. All of us dropped away because their hatred left no room. If the Brian character cannot let go the hate in his heart he will find himself alone and unloved.

That said the election and the deft handling of its' complications was really fun to read. I do hope there is space to fit in the 3 way we've been promised. It would be fun to see Wades' comfort level be tested. There are after all no sheilds up if you are really into the sex that is happening.

Ah, Senator bone-a-boy, that took very big cajones for him to do what he did. I can't imagine the level of self loathing that must exist in his mind having done that to his own son. My estimation (barely readable) of him moved up a peg. How a son can forgive that of a father I have no idea. The level of hurt and betrayal is incomprehensable to me. As Matt said, Wade will have to decide this for himself. Wade has healed a lot in accepting the fact that it was never his fault. Now he can maybe let go some of that seathing hatred that sits in his subconscious. From what I've always been led to understand this type of abuse reproduces itself generation after generation, the abused becoming the abuser as that is their only method of expressing love for their offspring. The sexually abused person lacks the "boundaries" that normal people take for granted and so they know no other way to interact with someone they want to be close to, I think. No matter the reason it is still sick. As a recovering coke head (clean since 1983) I know that until you forgive yourself you are unable to heal or accept the forgiveness of others for all of the shit you did to others. I can only imagine that the Senator and his shrink have the psychological equivilent of the "Russian Front" ahead of them. I wish I could say that I sympathize with him, but I don't. He deserves to tread through every painful memory and to have to do some greatly painful penance before there is even an iota of grace in his future. Hhhmmmm... Before I get myself into a lot of trouble by seeming to judge him, I don't. We are all capable of humbly seeking forgiveness and making amends if we put others ahead of ourself.

Yuppers, it was an interesting chapter.

Laterz, Dave

Well after i just got back from the movie "Daybreakers" and am scared out of my whitts....i think Death would be nice....maybe a bloody one at that...hell maybe you can make the whole world vampires.....and then cure them....:o f**k my life...i'm so scared....how come when anyone was kidnapped (stef) nothing bad really happened to him exept blowing some guy....lol

Like there's no real mystery in this story....interesting.....:D :D i feel like something that needs blood right now......wonder if any human just tried to live of blood just for kicks?

Ima get Coloured Contacts now that i have glasses and a prescription. :o

? -

Not sure how to address this post. Chp 51 certainly went from fun to serious in a heart beat.

Seems like Whist and Brian will spin off into the sunset, their hate fueling their bitter relationship as the fire grows and probably consumes them. To answer Mark, I did witness a couple who seemed unable to get beyond a deeply scarring incident. Their spiral was sad and unstopable. All of us dropped away because their hatred left no room. If the Brian character cannot let go the hate in his heart he will find himself alone and unloved.

That said the election and the deft handling of its' complications was really fun to read. I do hope there is space to fit in the 3 way we've been promised. It would be fun to see Wades' comfort level be tested. There are after all no sheilds up if you are really into the sex that is happening.

Ah, Senator bone-a-boy, that took very big cajones for him to do what he did. I can't imagine the level of self loathing that must exist in his mind having done that to his own son. My estimation (barely readable) of him moved up a peg. How a son can forgive that of a father I have no idea. The level of hurt and betrayal is incomprehensable to me. As Matt said, Wade will have to decide this for himself. Wade has healed a lot in accepting the fact that it was never his fault. Now he can maybe let go some of that seathing hatred that sits in his subconscious. From what I've always been led to understand this type of abuse reproduces itself generation after generation, the abused becoming the abuser as that is their only method of expressing love for their offspring. The sexually abused person lacks the "boundaries" that normal people take for granted and so they know no other way to interact with someone they want to be close to, I think. No matter the reason it is still sick. As a recovering coke head (clean since 1983) I know that until you forgive yourself you are unable to heal or accept the forgiveness of others for all of the shit you did to others. I can only imagine that the Senator and his shrink have the psychological equivilent of the "Russian Front" ahead of them. I wish I could say that I sympathize with him, but I don't. He deserves to tread through every painful memory and to have to do some greatly painful penance before there is even an iota of grace in his future. Hhhmmmm... Before I get myself into a lot of trouble by seeming to judge him, I don't. We are all capable of humbly seeking forgiveness and making amends if we put others ahead of ourself.

Yuppers, it was an interesting chapter.

Laterz, Dave

The concepts you expressed on abuse were generally what I got out of the brief research I did. I think Wade has a very advanced ability to view people in a more realistic way, to see their motives, strengths and weaknesses, than some of the other guys who base their decisions primarily on emotion. That's why I think he'll work his way through it. If it was Matt, I don't think Matt would be nearly as successful at dealing with it.

Well after i just got back from the movie "Daybreakers" and am scared out of my whitts....i think Death would be nice....maybe a bloody one at that...hell maybe you can make the whole world vampires.....and then cure them....:o f**k my life...i'm so scared....how come when anyone was kidnapped (stef) nothing bad really happened to him exept blowing some guy....lol

Like there's no real mystery in this story....interesting.....:D :D i feel like something that needs blood right now......wonder if any human just tried to live of blood just for kicks?

Ima get Coloured Contacts now that i have glasses and a prescription. :o

Just because you went to see some horror movie doesn't mean I'm going to start disemboweling characters. blink.gif You're like the screaming mob who just wants blood.biggrin.gif

Just because you went to see some horror movie doesn't mean I'm going to start disemboweling characters. blink.gif You're like the screaming mob who just wants blood.biggrin.gif

I don't. I only want Brian to die and not necessarily in a brutal fashion. :P

Again killing off Brian is like a two edged sword. He may get what he deserves but will JP feel guilty about it forever?

Perhaps he would, but it seems that they are estranged, and there's no sign that there's redemption ahead for Brian. It's always sad to see one die, but I think JP Is stronger than you think.

Perhaps he would, but it seems that they are estranged, and there's no sign that there's redemption ahead for Brian. It's always sad to see one die, but I think JP Is stronger than you think.

There is something incredibly satisfying about seeing a prodigal son return and easing his pain. Witness: Stef and Marcel. I'm not sure I see that for Brian, but the potential for it must surely be alluring to JP.

Besides, JP wouldn't kill off a family member. That would contradict every more in his being, his focus on the family as the entity.

Except in your stories, there has been at least one person in each story to die already! Clear examples are murder (Both JP and Robbie), drug OD, car crashes, whole buckets of extra characters by HIV and suicides that in this time could be ruled as suspicious... blink.gif

I'm just saying... tongue.gif

And everyone is saying Brian and Benjamin are together. They held hands, but that does not mean they are 'together'... innocent.gif

There is something incredibly satisfying about seeing a prodigal son return and easing his pain. Witness: Stef and Marcel. I'm not sure I see that for Brian, but the potential for it must surely be alluring to JP.

Besides, JP wouldn't kill off a family member. That would contradict every more in his being, his focus on the family as the entity.

I was thinking more like he dies in some kind of accident or something, not JP offing him. ;)

Boo!!! :( :( oh well today i don't feel like death, i just feel like a story....but yet again as i check for the tenth time today still nothing :( :( my BWS is Rising......

JP wouldn't but maybe Alex would again??? he protected robbie and Brad from evil bitch mother....>=D but personaly i don't care whether brian comes back into the family or not, i'd be currious to see how he would try...

Since Whist is not a full professor, could he be forced to leave Stanford? I think after thanksgiving Brian as way beyond redemption. I am wondering how Mark will tie everything up in only two chapters. Hopefully, the next part of the saga will to include Wade and Matt. They are becoming my very dear to me. Maybe even more than Brad it pains me to say that, I love Brad a lot. JP is still on top but Wade is second and that is saying a lot. Again I will be really sad to see Bloodlines end. Mark and his team is only getting better and better. :2thumbs:

Since Whist is not a full professor, could he be forced to leave Stanford? I think after thanksgiving Brian as way beyond redemption. I am wondering how Mark will tie everything up in only two chapters. Hopefully, the next part of the saga will to include Wade and Matt. They are becoming my very dear to me. Maybe even more than Brad it pains me to say that, I love Brad a lot. JP is still on top but Wade is second and that is saying a lot. Again I will be really sad to see Bloodlines end. Mark and his team is only getting better and better. :2thumbs:

Well thank you!

It's not whether or not Whist is a full professor that matters, it's whether or not he has tenure. Generally speaking, when you see the title "Assistant Professor", that means a prof doesn't have tenure (and is easier to fire). When you see the term "Associate Professor", that usually means the prof has tenure (and is almost impossible to fire). A full "professor" is a major achievement, a title usually reserved for only the most distinguished scholars. Keep in mind this is not always true, that all schools are different, but it's generally a good rule of thumb.

I can't believe my eyes! Such an easygoing chapter after all that drama! :2thumbs: That was a real fairy tale before going to bed! :great:

I'm soo sad it's only one chapter before it finishes. :( And then we'll have to wait for the next story while HMSB has priority... oh well... I guess I'll have get up-to-date with what is George up to... ;) (of course he's some dick up his ass :lol:)

Would I leave you high and dry? Well, high maybe.biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'm working on the sequel, but it will be a little different. Keep an open mind.

okay honestly i've never teared up so much as i did in this chapter....the mention of tono and the respect that she held....i'm so sad. Totaly teared up! Best moment ever.....surprised brad's picture of his brothers car accident never came up.....guess brad laid down the painting as a hobby even? other then that picture art nothing has beem made by him....surprised theres not some random offers for it. lol

Country club was fun.....but no cam....i really wouldn't mind him back in the story....

P.S Stef has one plane.....with about 30 people who can use it....JP, Stef, max, Brad, Robbie, Isador, Frank, Matt, Marcel, Lou, I don't think lark.....but cody, and probably the kids (darius, JJ, will) and...wills mom...(who has no partner right??)....Ah probably more i can't think of. but it never seems to be booked with someone else.....it's like always there when people need it (usualy at a moments notice too). GO PLANE!!! It's totaly the Mascott for the whole CAP series....lol.

Good Chapter

okay honestly i've never teared up so much as i did in this chapter....the mention of tono and the respect that she held....i'm so sad. Totaly teared up! Best moment ever.....surprised brad's picture of his brothers car accident never came up.....guess brad laid down the painting as a hobby even? other then that picture art nothing has beem made by him....surprised theres not some random offers for it. lol

Country club was fun.....but no cam....i really wouldn't mind him back in the story....

P.S Stef has one plane.....with about 30 people who can use it....JP, Stef, max, Brad, Robbie, Isador, Frank, Matt, Marcel, Lou, I don't think lark.....but cody, and probably the kids (darius, JJ, will) and...wills mom...(who has no partner right??)....Ah probably more i can't think of. but it never seems to be booked with someone else.....it's like always there when people need it (usualy at a moments notice too). GO PLANE!!! It's totaly the Mascott for the whole CAP series....lol.

Good Chapter

Thanks mm!

The plane, the plane (think "Fantasy Island"). Well, the plane belongs to Stef, so anyone else who uses it does so with his blessing. The part that is probably unrealistic is "the moment's notice". Having your own plane is a wonderful luxury, but you have to have pilots who can fly it. Pilots are "qualified" on a specific plane, so for Stef, he has to have pilots who know how to fly a Dassault Falcon (not just any Falcon, his model of Falcon). So he'd actually need to give them a little notice before going somewhere (they have lives too).

The plane has a home base (in LAX). When private planes travel, they land at an airport and "Park" at a Fixed Base Operator (FBO). The FBO usually arranges any cars, etc., and works with the pilots to re-stock the plane. This can mean fuel, of course, but also food. You can actually get a pizza, or gourmet food, delivered to your plane. So I'm sure that Stef has an FBO that he uses in Paly when he's there too. Best of all, there's no security. You drive up to your plane and hop in, then when you land and get out, your ground transportation is waiting. The pilots or the FBO will handle bags for you.

Finally, planes are expensive, but buying them is chump change compared to flying them. I would guess that flying the Falcon costs upwards of $3000/hour, with fuel, pilots, insurance, maintenance, and landing fees figured in, not counting the plane. So when he lets someone use his plane, he's being pretty damn generous. The eight hour flight to and from Cleveland probably cost Stef over $20K.

$*(%(*$%*()@#$%*@#%)@#$%*_@#%*(_@#$*%_@#$*%_@$*%_*#$(%^^_@%^!_#%(*@#$_%

That was for effect.....yep stef=1 billion dollars....i bet his plane then would soak up 2-4million a year.... I wonder what some finances would be on some of these guys!!! too bad you don't delve just a little more into your area of expertise... :D Finance :D:P

That was for effect.....yep stef=1 billion dollars....i bet his plane then would soak up 2-4million a year.... I wonder what some finances would be on some of these guys!!! too bad you don't delve just a little more into your area of expertise... :D Finance :D:P

I'm sure there would be a lot about that in one covering the current economic environment. We'll have to wait and see if it goes that far.

I'm sure there would be a lot about that in one covering the current economic environment. We'll have to wait and see if it goes that far.

it better.....or else....we may have to hurt somone (not implying mark at all)

Mark,

Another fantastic chapter. As another poster noted, the scene with Wade, JP and the memory of Tonto was a tear jerker (I'm holding back tears as I recall the scene now).

I, too, will be sad when Bloodlines ends.

BTW, you have the FBO stuff and the flying costs for the Falcon dead on. While it is expensive and generous, for a California land baron or Internet billionaire, its just walking around money.

As always, thank you for sharing your writing.

Bryan

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..