Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Ah! More plausible. So then that should be the citation then. Beau saw then together when they left the compound not when Matt showed him the tape of them making out.

No, the presumption was that Beau watched the tape again. He would have probably rewound it all the way, and when he started playing it, he'd have seen Wade and Matt.

No, the presumption was that Beau watched the tape again. He would have probably rewound it all the way, and when he started playing it, he'd have seen Wade and Matt.

The chapter specifying the circumstances of the copying specifically said he fast forwarded past that part, seemingly to protect them from seeing wade with him. [Matt]

CH39

"This time I started recording at the point where he and I had separated after his father had knocked. I needed to get copies made that would prove what had happened . "

However, this phrase suggests there were other places he could have started it. One 'could' assume I suppose this was the first copy which was full as he watched it from the beginning. However he made at least two other edited copies. There would be no benefit to having Wades orientation revealed in any of the copies.

CH40

I'd started it from the point where I'd left the room.

This excerpt was in the limo that picked them up at 7:00 for the great escape. The Limo had already left the compound before they raised the privacy screen and had shown affection. The implication is that the limo had privacy glass. No one would have seen their affection and certainly not Beau. I know you are a stickler for details and continuity.

CH40

I see your point. I guess I wasn't clear. Here's the clip I was talking about, where Beau takes possession of the tape:

From Chapter 40:

"Merry f**king Christmas, Dad," Wade said. I took the tape out of the VCR and handed it to Beau, more symbolic than anything, then walked out the door with Wade and Beau behind me.

In Chapter 39, as you pointed out, Matt started the tape "after the point they separated," meaning it was the tape that had something prior to that. The only thing prior to that was Matt and Wade making out.

I understood that as ricky did as well. I thought Matt sent the original tape to Escorial, to the safe of JP and Stef and returned to the Danfield residence only with a copy. So he let the original tape in hands of Beau then...

The first copy he made had the beginning scene with him and Matt.:

I checked to make sure the VCR had copied it, and then rewound the camcorder tape, popped another blank tape in, and started to dub another one. This time I started recording at the point where he and I had separated after his father had knocked. I needed to get copies made that would prove what had happened .

That's the one he kept with him in DC.

I ended the recording at the point that Wade had left the room and then made the third copy the same way. Now that I had these copies made, I had to get them into safe hands, and that meant I had to ship them out to California. I hurriedly packed up my gear and headed back out. I asked for directions to the nearest FedEx office, went over there and shipped out the two shorter tapes and my original camcorder cassette. One tape I sent to JP, the other I sent to Brad. The original camcorder cassette I sent to myself.
  • 1 month later...

I understood that as ricky did as well. I thought Matt sent the original tape to Escorial, to the safe of JP and Stef and returned to the Danfield residence only with a copy. So he let the original tape in hands of Beau then...

I cried at the end, I was a little worried that Matt wouldn't make it because Wade started the narroration and though he wouldn't make it.

I got so into it I read it in three days lol

Please tell me your not done with it after the box======]]]]]]]

Mark will probabaly write about three more stories after the Box.

He may end up writing more than that. I've got ideas for two after "The Box", and that hasn't even gotten me beyond 2002. George Bush will give me lots of fodder for JP to experience some righteous indignation...expect him to be a fanatical anti-war crusader, one who's disgusted at the lack of campus activism. Those Vietnam-era types were like that.

He may end up writing more than that. I've got ideas for two after "The Box", and that hasn't even gotten me beyond 2002. George Bush will give me lots of fodder for JP to experience some righteous indignation...expect him to be a fanatical anti-war crusader, one who's disgusted at the lack of campus activism. Those Vietnam-era types were like that.

You're now referring to yourself in 3rd person? Geez.

Anyways, you're right about that. I started college in 2005, when the war was still fairly new, and I remember the bitching by the Vietnam-era professors about the lack of campus activism. There was some stuff- I took part in an Iraq war "die-in", but for the most part..it didn't materialize. My co-horts, which I suppose includes JJ, Marie, Will, and John- we were much more interested in downloading from Itunes for our Ipods or interacting on Facebook. I fully expect JP Crampton will be fully baffled by Generation Y's lack of protesting the Iraq War. The fact that there's no draft really lowered the sense of urgency about Iraq for my generation- no one was afraid of being sent there, and thus a lot of us weren't moved to protest.

Just remember though- Matt and Wade are graduating from college in 2002, so they won't be around for J.P. to vent his frustrations on when the Iraq War starts in '03.

Edited by methodwriter85

Note to self: Never, ever, ever open an email from an old friend titled 'Hey I need a favor...'. :huh:

I like it when JP gets all het up. :thumbup:

You're now referring to yourself in 3rd person? Geez.

Anyways, you're right about that. I started college in 2005, when the war was still fairly new, and I remember the bitching by the Vietnam-era professors about the lack of campus activism. There was some stuff- I took part in an Iraq war "die-in", but for the most part..it didn't materialize. My co-horts, which I suppose includes JJ, Marie, Will, and John- we were much more interested in downloading from Itunes for our Ipods or interacting on Facebook. I fully expect JP Crampton will be fully baffled by Generation Y's lack of protesting the Iraq War. The fact that there's no draft really lowered the sense of urgency about Iraq for my generation- no one was afraid of being sent there, and thus a lot of us weren't moved to protest.

Just remember though- Matt and Wade are graduating from college in 2002, so they won't be around for J.P. to vent his frustrations on when the Iraq War starts in '03.

Oh my goodness, it seems that he is! laugh.gif

I am convinced that the big difference was the lack of a draft. If they'd been ripping said students out of the universities to ship them off to Iraq, or if the students were on campus just to avoid the draft, it would have looked a whole lot different, IMHO.

Note to self: Never, ever, ever open an email from an old friend titled 'Hey I need a favor...'. :huh:

I like it when JP gets all het up. :thumbup:

Yeah, you might have actually had an easier time of it, had the ability to just relax on the sofa, pop some bon-bons, and watch "American Idol," but you would have missed out on a fun journey, no? Besides, there's no one good on AI this year anyway.tongue.gif And you probably didn't watch the Olympics. Everyone knows you hate Canadians.tongue.gif

And what a journey it's been! Just think- CAP was going to be a standalone story until I suggested you do a sequel taking the characters to 1968.

No, I think it was Sharon's whining: "I have nothing to do. Please, give me something to edit. Something. Anything. Must edit. Must edit." biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Author Adam Phillips is reading this story, and I thought I'd bump this thread up in case he wants to offer his thoughts. I do agree with him how the story just sucks you in that first chapter.

Author Adam Phillips is reading this story, and I thought I'd bump this thread up in case he wants to offer his thoughts. I do agree with him how the story just sucks you in that first chapter.

That's for sure. I remember falling in love with Matt from the very beginning.

I felt like Matt is like a combination of Brad and Robbie- Brad's head for business and fun, snarky attitude, and Robbie's Teddy bear quality. It's been interesting reading about a Hayes who grew up with a Silver spoon in his mouth- he carries none of the self-loathing that the Hayes carry around, and it's largely because he wasn't around for them to infect their toxic ways on. I feel almost like we're seeing what Jeff would have been like if he had good parents.

I felt like Matt is like a combination of Brad and Robbie- Brad's head for business and fun, snarky attitude, and Robbie's Teddy bear quality. It's been interesting reading about a Hayes who grew up with a Silver spoon in his mouth- he carries none of the self-loathing that the Hayes carry around, and it's largely because he wasn't around for them to infect their toxic ways on. I feel almost like we're seeing what Jeff would have been like if he had good parents.

You're right about that! He's also has a certain way with people, not too dissimilar to that of Stefan, and it's obvious that he looks up to Stefan a great deal. And of course, he has an awesome sense of adventure. He's a fun character! I think everybody loves him.

You're right about that! He's also has a certain way with people, not too dissimilar to that of Stefan, and it's obvious that he looks up to Stefan a great deal. And of course, he has an awesome sense of adventure. He's a fun character! I think everybody loves him.

I see him as more a blend of Brad and Stefan than Brad and Robbie.

That makes sense. Although Matt does have the Hayes gene for being a big teddy bear, although he's much more cut.

He definitely loves to snuggle. That's one of the things I love about him. I wish he were mine. 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..