Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation Prologue, 1, and 2.

Goats on boats??? :o

No cliffs in this story! :P

Great start, CJ! :2thumbs:

For some reason I don't like Trevor's dad already....he hasn't even said anything yet. :/

Lisa, I like! :thumbup:

B)....................Before you think you might be safe from volcanoes, tidal waves, earthquakes and madmen with nukes BEWARE!! I fear goat is trying to lull us into a story filled with pleasant sailing, new boyfriend, happy sunset sailing! What could be more challenging? Taking people on a jaunt to the Islands, (maybe a famous band, hopefully no one with the name Eric is a member)! :lol: I wonder what perilous the sea is going to offer us? Pirates? Drug runners? Nice start of your long awaited story CJ, looking forward to reading your serial again!!

Cool, a nautical story!

Liking it so far ... maybe someone will get to say, "he-ey, sailor!" ? tongue.gif

Hi Happyreader!

Thanks!

:)

Goats on boats??? :o

No cliffs in this story! :P

Great start, CJ! :2thumbs:

For some reason I don't like Trevor's dad already....he hasn't even said anything yet. :/

Lisa, I like! :thumbup:

Absolutely no cliffs in this story! There have never been cliffhangers in my stories, and goats, like leopards, never change their spots.

Lisa is one of my favorites; she's a lot like Trevor in some ways too. :)

Oh, and by the way... I think you will very much like some things in coming chapters. ;-)

Lisa is a bit nosy, but her heart's in the right place. Ahem, I think we're going to see more of Ben. :D

Lisa likes to meddle, for sure. :)

I would recommend checking out the pages about the boat. It will add to the story if you have an idea what it looks like.

Thanks Jan!

Yep, Atlantis' page is very, very helpful. Its an unusual boat (a 55 foot cruising catamaran) and though I tried, its hard to envision the deck layout, etc, without the guide.

B)....................Before you think you might be safe from volcanoes, tidal waves, earthquakes and madmen with nukes BEWARE!! I fear goat is trying to lull us into a story filled with pleasant sailing, new boyfriend, happy sunset sailing! What could be more challenging? Taking people on a jaunt to the Islands, (maybe a famous band, hopefully no one with the name Eric is a member)! :lol: I wonder what perilous the sea is going to offer us? Pirates? Drug runners? Nice start of your long awaited story CJ, looking forward to reading your serial again!!

What!?!?!? Surely there could be no tension here? It's just a happy, feel-good story that begins with Trevor's mother and her catamaran Ares. And what could possibly go wrong at sea? 0:)

I did. I'd love to have one like that. I'd rarely ever be on land. :D

Cruising catamarans like that are awesome boats. Far more stable, and far faster, then monohull boats. They also have far more interior room than a monohull of similar length. There are disadvantages, such as being harder to maneuver, but the speed, stability, and room are huge benefits.

CJ :)

• Site Administrator

Hey Cj, thanks for the new story worshippy.gif .

I was getting worried that you may have come down with the swine flu, you know being a ruminant and all tongue.gif .

So as far as getting my attention very quickly, you definitely did a great job at that. I mean killing off Rachel in the prologue? Wow, that makes me wonder about not only the boats she acquired, but her son Trevor, and her husband Dirk. There was a lot to absorb there, but it was simple and not too overly complicated with too many characters introduced at once.

Next we had a introduction of both Trevor and Lisa. I too hope that Lisa is a major part of the story going forward. Trevor, to this point, may not be too unusual from the norm, but I think Lisa is going to change my opinion of that very soon. It was interesting to see how Trevor reacted to Ben (who I get a feeling was in just a one time appearance) and it gave us a insight to how Trevor is as far as being out, dating, meeting people, etc.

I will point out that I find it strange that Trevor is supposedly 17 and only looking for friends. It just seems unusual for a teen that age that wouldn't be interested in getting some action before swabbing the deck or checking the bilge pumps, etc. Or is it just me that was horny at that age tongue.gif ?

I must say that the person who maybe has piqued my interest the most right now is Dirk. It seems him and Rachel maybe had a rough relationship between the two of them while she was alive, but I wonder if that reflects in how he sees his relationship with Trevor. I have a feeling that there may be some pain in Dirk's life and unresolved conflicts that he feels whenever he sees his son. Am I reading too much into this so far?laugh.gif

Anyways, great start to what I'm sure will be a great story. I've babbled on long enough.

Steve cool.gif

Next we had a introduction of both Trevor and Lisa. I too hope that Lisa is a major part of the story going forward. Trevor, to this point, may not be too unusual from the norm, but I think Lisa is going to change my opinion of that very soon. It was interesting to see how Trevor reacted to Ben (who I get a feeling was in just a one time appearance) and it gave us a insight to how Trevor is as far as being out, dating, meeting people, etc.

Don't count Ben out just yet. He may go on a tour. In typical CJ style, it'll take a while before they get together and even longer before they do it. You know CJ is an EVIL misdirecting goat. :P

Hrm. I loved the story so far. My interest has definitely been piqued.

So, here are my thoughts on the story...

1) Rachel's most likely still alive. Due to her problems with Dirk she most likely decided the best thing to do would be to get out of the relationship but she didn't want to explain why so she ran away.

2) I don't like Lisa. I'm hoping she'll, eventually, disappear from the story altogether.

3) I'm willing to bet we see more of Ben in upcoming chapters. If his parents move around a lot I'm betting they'll be loaded. I also imagine that they'll be chartering the boat; at Ben's suggestion, and Ben will be on that boat.

4) I'm willing to bet after Summer vacation comes up that something is going to happen and Trevor is going to want to leave it all behind. He'll get on his boat and set sail. Hrm, perhaps there will also be a couple of stowaways, in the name of Ben and Lisa...oh, and that one guy who is dating Lisa.

5) I see something of interest coming up in our future too for young Trevor, just not sure what. Pirates, drug runners, smugglers. All a good possibility. It'll be interesting to see what, exactly, it is though.

Hrm, perhaps we might see some hot coast guard boys or sailor boys. (No, they're not the same thing, and I'll argue with anyone that says they are.) Go Navy!

Cheers!

Linxe

Hey Cj, thanks for the new story worshippy.gif .

I was getting worried that you may have come down with the swine flu, you know being a ruminant and all tongue.gif .

So as far as getting my attention very quickly, you definitely did a great job at that. I mean killing off Rachel in the prologue? Wow, that makes me wonder about not only the boats she acquired, but her son Trevor, and her husband Dirk. There was a lot to absorb there, but it was simple and not too overly complicated with too many characters introduced at once.

I will point out that I find it strange that Trevor is supposedly 17 and only looking for friends. It just seems unusual for a teen that age that wouldn't be interested in getting some action before swabbing the deck or checking the bilge pumps, etc. Or is it just me that was horny at that age tongue.gif ?

I must say that the person who maybe has piqued my interest the most right now is Dirk. It seems him and Rachel maybe had a rough relationship between the two of them while she was alive, but I wonder if that reflects in how he sees his relationship with Trevor. I have a feeling that there may be some pain in Dirk's life and unresolved conflicts that he feels whenever he sees his son. Am I reading too much into this so far?laugh.gif

Anyways, great start to what I'm sure will be a great story. I've babbled on long enough.

Steve cool.gif

Thank you Steve!!

You are, as always, very insightful. There is very little that I can say without running afoul of the Echidna, who is ever on the lookout for spoilers, But one thing I can mention is that we don't know all of why Trevor is like he is yet.

Don't count Ben out just yet. He may go on a tour. In typical CJ style, it'll take a while before they get together and even longer before they do it. You know CJ is an EVIL misdirecting goat. :P

What? Me, misdirect? Never! 0:)

1) Rachel's most likely still alive. Due to her problems with Dirk she most likely decided the best thing to do would be to get out of the relationship but she didn't want to explain why so she ran away.

2) I don't like Lisa. I'm hoping she'll, eventually, disappear from the story altogether.

3) I'm willing to bet we see more of Ben in upcoming chapters. If his parents move around a lot I'm betting they'll be loaded. I also imagine that they'll be chartering the boat; at Ben's suggestion, and Ben will be on that boat.

4) I'm willing to bet after Summer vacation comes up that something is going to happen and Trevor is going to want to leave it all behind. He'll get on his boat and set sail. Hrm, perhaps there will also be a couple of stowaways, in the name of Ben and Lisa...oh, and that one guy who is dating Lisa.

5) I see something of interest coming up in our future too for young Trevor, just not sure what. Pirates, drug runners, smugglers. All a good possibility. It'll be interesting to see what, exactly, it is though.

Hrm, perhaps we might see some hot coast guard boys or sailor boys. (No, they're not the same thing, and I'll argue with anyone that says they are.) Go Navy!

Cheers!

Linxe

Wow, very thoguhtful, I love it! I can't say much of anything at this point, as the anti-spoiler Echidna is lurking hereabouts.

Now that I can comment on! :P

I probably shouldn't, but I can!

Sailors meaning Navy, right? Well, it's true that most of the time the Coast Guard isn't part of the Navy, but... Not all the time.

Check out 14 USC PART I CHAPTER 1 Sec. 3. - Relationship to Navy Department

Upon the declaration of war or when the President directs, the Coast Guard shall operate as a service in the Navy, and shall so continue until the President, by Executive order, transfers the Coast Guard back to the Department of Homeland Security. While operating as a service in the Navy, the Coast Guard shall be subject to the orders of the Secretary of the Navy who may order changes in Coast Guard operations to render them uniform, to the extent he deems advisable, with Navy operations.

The last time this occurred was WWII, but 14 USC 3 is still on the books.

Sincerely, the nit-picking goat. :sheep:

:P

• Site Moderator

You know CJ is an EVIL misdirecting goat. :P

I've said the something similar to him in my responses after reading the chapters, and here's what he had to say.

And what? Poor, innocent me liking to throw curves? But Jan, that's just no so! I'd no sooner throw a curve than I would use a cliffhanger!

Cheers!

Linxe

Some interesting thoughts, Jon. I'm guessing you are wrong on most of them. That's just the way the goat sets things up before he takes a story in a completely different direction. There's one thing I really do agree with you on...I believe Trevor's mom, Rachel, is still alive. That may prove to be the mystery that Cliff promised in his announcement.

Two chapters in, I have yet to find a cliffhanger. Wonder how long that will last?

Two chapters in, I have yet to find a cliffhanger. Wonder how long that will last?

B)......................Hehe! Yep, but those catamarans can also glide up to more cliffs! The possibilities are endless in a sea of islands!! :lol: Humm, I wonder if there are any goat dwellers on those islands?

Edited by Benji

I've said the something similar to him in my responses after reading the chapters, and here's what he had to say.

And what? Poor, innocent me liking to throw curves? But Jan, that's just no so! I'd no sooner throw a curve than I would use a cliffhanger!

But, it's true, isn't it? :) (and we all know that I never use cliffhangers!)

Oh, and as proof that I never use cliffhangers; I hereby predict, with utter certainty, that I will receive zero votes in the 2009 King of Cliffhangers category of the 2009 GA awards.

Some interesting thoughts, Jon. I'm guessing you are wrong on most of them. That's just the way the goat sets things up before he takes a story in a completely different direction. There's one thing I really do agree with you on...I believe Trevor's mom, Rachel, is still alive. That may prove to be the mystery that Cliff promised in his announcement.

But, your Amphibiousness, surely it will last for the entire story?

B)......................Hehe! Yep, but those catamarans can also glide up to more cliffs! The possibilities are endless in a sea of islands!! :lol: Humm, I wonder if there are any goat dwellers on those islands?

But, but, but! If a Catamaran glided up to a cliff, surely it would be at the base of it? Lagoon 55's are wonderful boats, but flying is not amongst their abilities. :P

But, but, but! If a Catamaran glided up to a cliff, surely it would be at the base of it? Lagoon 55's are wonderful boats, but flying is not amongst their abilities. :P

B).............Never give the goat an opening!!But catamarans glide in the water!! Then again, I know where you can get some jet-packs cheap!! :lmao:

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Oh, and as proof that I never use cliffhangers; I hereby predict, with utter certainty, that I will receive zero votes in the 2009 King of Cliffhangers category of the 2009 GA awards.

Uh oh blink.gif , what does Cliff have up his sleeve/fur to make this bold prediction.

I think although except for one admission, he has always maintained that he would not get any votes as he did not use cliffhangers. Usually though the readers have seen though his BS and rightfully placed him upon his throne.

BTW, good question Tigger tongue.gif , will CJ resume on his Tuesday posting that he has done for all his past stories, or is there a new day to watch for new chapters?

Uh oh blink.gif , what does Cliff have up his sleeve/fur to make this bold prediction.

I think although except for one admission, he has always maintained that he would not get any votes as he did not use cliffhangers. Usually though the readers have seen though his BS and rightfully placed him upon his throne.

BTW, good question Tigger tongue.gif , will CJ resume on his Tuesday posting that he has done for all his past stories, or is there a new day to watch for new chapters?

Well, we all know I'd never, ever use a cliffhanger, right? And as proof of this, I offer, in advance, the fact that I will not get even one vote for 2009 King of Cliffhangers!

For one thing, as our resident amphibian will reluctantly attest, there were no cliffhangers at all in anything I posted in 2009. Therefor, I am ineligible!

Now, it is my sad duty to attest that, at the moment, Shadowgod is also ineligible, doe to not having posted a chapter so far in 2009. (if he gives us one by dec 31st, he's eligible)

Therefor, I hereby and forthwith declare my unstinting dedication to the campaign to assure that Graeme is soon wearing the crown for King of Cliffhangers! Wouldn't an echidna look good wearing a crown? :king:

BTW, I am aiming to resume Tuesday postings. Chapter 3 will be up on Tuesday at the latest. :)

For one thing, as our resident amphibian will reluctantly attest, there were no cliffhangers at all in anything I posted in 2009. Therefor, I am ineligible!

Ha! Hold on a minute, goat. We amphibians have a code of ethics which we guard jealously and practice fervently. I have not and will not attest, reluctantly or otherwise, that you never posted a single cliffhanger this year. Your stories were all loaded with cliffhangers. The one certificate we presented to you was in recognition of your having resolved all cliffhangers in Changing Lanes by the conclusion of the final chapter of that story. That certificate pertains only to that one work in its entirety and confers no additional accolades whatsoever.

• Site Administrator

And speaking of Graeme, did anyone know that at one point, another website had enacted their own Penal Code and was searching for Graeme for a cliffhanger?

Not our innocent Graeme ohmy.gif !!!

Wait, has CJ signed up at another site to malign the Echidna? I think I will pop over to AD, but I'm sure nobody has ever accused him of writing a cliffhanger over there.

Good point Mike, we will have to scour the early months of 2009 and see if he posted a cliffhanger....wait....when was the wedding scene posted where basically the first signs of the Tsunami was noticed with the water pulling away from the island and away from the minister, Chase and Brandon? Was that not at the end of a chapter? Were we not left with the main characters (heck, most of the characters) facing uncertain peril?

I will be back......cool.gif

Ha! Hold on a minute, goat. We amphibians have a code of ethics which we guard jealously and practice fervently. I have not and will not attest, reluctantly or otherwise, that you never posted a single cliffhanger this year. Your stories were all loaded with cliffhangers. The one certificate we presented to you was in recognition of your having resolved all cliffhangers in Changing Lanes by the conclusion of the final chapter of that story. That certificate pertains only to that one work in its entirety and confers no additional accolades whatsoever.

But, but, but, Changing Lanes is now complete, so there can be no cliffhangers in it! I also can't think of any cliffhangers in it whatsoever...

And speaking of Graeme, did anyone know that at one point, another website had enacted their own Penal Code and was searching for Graeme for a cliffhanger?

Yep, Graeme is on the run from the law! I was shocked when i found out... see the indictment thread for the shocking details, along with a link to his indictment! (and seriously, I had nothing to do with his indictment)

Not our innocent Graeme ohmy.gif !!!

Wait, has CJ signed up at another site to malign the Echidna? I think I will pop over to AD, but I'm sure nobody has ever accused him of writing a cliffhanger over there.

Good point Mike, we will have to scour the early months of 2009 and see if he posted a cliffhanger....wait....when was the wedding scene posted where basically the first signs of the Tsunami was noticed with the water pulling away from the island and away from the minister, Chase and Brandon? Was that not at the end of a chapter? Were we not left with the main characters (heck, most of the characters) facing uncertain peril?

I will be back......cool.gif

Graeme's cliffhangers are notorious at AD, and everywhere else on the net.

And as for me, sorry, but only chapters 20 and later of Changing Lanes were posted during 2009. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..