Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

[quote name='Mark Arbour' date='17 January 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1263713867' post='230613'

I don't think Caroline knows about Travers, only Calvert. If she knew the whole list, she'd be pretty freaked out.

Sorry, I thought it was Travers not Calvert that she met. My mistake, must be in my own private little fantasy thing or something. Perhaps it's my CRS kicking in.:wacko:

Totally loved chapter 7. :wub:

The pending battle gets Grafton somewhat uhmmm shall we say, excited. Such excitement must be shared with the Captain no less. :D Gulp! :2thumbs:

I declare a cliffhanger!!! :2hands:

I will have to concede the cliffhanger on this one. But I figured I could get away with it if I left you with raw, aggressive sex.Posted ImagePosted Image

We hate the Floreal! Blast it to kingdom come, George!

Certainly not! We'd want to capture her and get the prize money.Posted Image

ch7: hmmmm. Lennox, the new lover.

or something.

Lennox is supposed to be his second cousin or something like that. Anyway, nice cousins are good for sex, I gather.

Edited by Enric

CH 07 - WooHoo!

I have to figure out how to get chapter notifications on this stuff. grrr

A great chapter. Hey, wasn't Winkler supposed to get a little in CH 6 or 7? Poor lad is probably hornier than a 14 year old gay mormon at a swim meet. Ranger probably isn't even safe.

And now battle! That was a really raw, base driven cliff hanger. Talk about rolling the dice on a f**k! Get rough with the captain! Better hope he was a bottom before this! Think the crew will figure it out when in the heat of battle he refers to him as Lt Colonnade!

The cliff hanger is ok as long as you don't make us wait too long.

Is CH 8 ready yet?

How about now?

Oh yeah! That was a good chapter. SO we see that George has options. I wonder if he'll ultimately go for Grafton or Lennox. Grafton would probably be the most appropriate, but George may already be forming feelings for Lennox.

Oh and then there's the impending fight. Granger has a good record with battles, but this fight could seriously damage Belvidera. We'll have to see what happens.

• Like 1

Oh yeah! That was a good chapter. SO we see that George has options. I wonder if he'll ultimately go for Grafton or Lennox. Grafton would probably be the most appropriate, but George may already be forming feelings for Lennox.

Oh and then there's the impending fight. Granger has a good record with battles, but this fight could seriously damage Belvidera. We'll have to see what happens.

I predict that the choice will be made for him. I think there will be a causality. Lock and load your tissue boxes.:(

I'll blame myself, :lmao:I've made him into a bone of contention with the author.:read: Let's just say he leaves a bad taste in his mouth.

But the Floreal is doomed. I also predict she will either have a well placed shot in the powder magazine or that she has seen so much action that she will run short on powder. They could have a night boarding party too! Particularly if it get's foggy.

Those 12 pounders may make a difference too. She would not normally have those and may be able to shoot the crap out of her from a distance too great for her 32 pounders which pack a wallop but don't have the range.

One thing for sure. Mark doesn't write fast enough. haha even though he is faster than many. I just want more!

Guest Wyndham

This story is such fun - I can't wait to see how Granger deals with the bigger ship with his as yet untried crew. It may not be 'plain sailing' so we will just have to wait (and wait and wait...) for the next chapter.

Once again though this forum is almost as interesting to read as Mark's story.......

btw I like the way that Granger remains the dominant one in spite of being mostly on the receiving end in terms of sexual positions. This is a nice twist that not many posters have commented on. I'd be interested to hear other people's views on this.

btw I like the way that Granger remains the dominant one in spite of being mostly on the receiving end in terms of sexual positions.

Well he is the Captain and then there is the corruption of power, buggering and Article 28.

Yep, it's a bit like me standing in the non-henpecked husband line because my wife told me to.:funny:

Wow, I log on this afternoon, thrilled that you all have so much to say! How very cool.

The next chapter is still in editing, so this is one of those cliffhangers that may hang on for a bit. I know, I'm an asshole. But it was either post it now and make you wait for 8, or not post it at all. Which is better?

I think Granger is probably the most versatile, sexually, of the characters I've created. He can pretty much flow into any role. He likes to be dominant, he likes to be submissive. He likes men. He likes women. He likes guys with big dicks, and he likes guys with little dicks. He likes older men, and he likes younger men.

But you make a good point about the scene with Grafton. Just being the captain alone makes you a power bottom. As crazed as Grafton was, I think that all it would have taken from Granger is a terse order, and he would have stopped. That he didn't gave Grafton the implied permission he needed to, uh, work his magic.

Granger also needs love. He's a guy who can get off with lots of people, but he needs a person to love, and he needs that person close by. So when Travers is gone, he almost has to find a Calvert. And now that they're both gone, he's sort of floundering emotionally.

One thing none of you have commented on: All of the men in his life that he's had "relationships" with (more than just a f**k buddy) have been older men. Iggy, Travers, Fellowes, Calvert... all older men.

The next chapter is still in editing, so this is one of those cliffhangers that may hang on for a bit. I know, I'm an asshole. But it was either post it now and make you wait for 8, or not post it at all. Which is better?

So was that really a question? How about wake the team up and tell them, "They're gonna put a hit out on me for the cliff hanger. Any chance you could bump the edit up a bit?"

One thing none of you have commented on: All of the men in his life that he's had "relationships" with (more than just a f**k buddy) have been older men. Iggy, Travers, Fellowes, Calvert... all older men.

Granger never had the love of his father so perhaps he is looking for it in a fatherly way. Personally I think he'd foock a snake if he could get someone to hold it tight enough.

And love? Any Ship's captain that has a shore wife is a sea bigamist! He's a captain and married to his ship first. And the sea is the bridesmaid. Neptune the best man.

Let's just hope he doesn't bring home the crabs!

Winkler: we find out about him getting laid in Chapter 8.Posted Image

Then it must be Calvert who dies.

Or perhaps we'll find out by the unspoken comfort shared in the eyes between the lover of Lennox and the Captain at the loss.

This story is such fun

Once again though this forum is almost as interesting to read as Mark's story.......

It is a compliment to Mark that he has fleshed these characters so well that discussions of their expected behavior can exist on so many levels. And not just the mains but also many of the minor characters.

Well done Mark. The big question is, does the discussion that occurs here help shape the story or is it just fun banter? Is the story set in stone and how far ahead? I know that where possible we are filling the events in between and up to historical markers. But given that, how much does reader input count towards shaping the story?

That reminds me. We have a new doctor don't we? Has he been laid yet?

It is a compliment to Mark that he has fleshed these characters so well that discussions of their expected behavior can exist on so many levels. And not just the mains but also many of the minor characters.

Well done Mark. The big question is, does the discussion that occurs here help shape the story or is it just fun banter? Is the story set in stone and how far ahead? I know that where possible we are filling the events in between and up to historical markers. But given that, how much does reader input count towards shaping the story?

That reminds me. We have a new doctor don't we? Has he been laid yet?

Easy question first: The doctor's been around for a while, since Granger took command of "Intrepid." He hasn't gotten laid (that we know of) but he did to a prostate stimulation on Granger when he was wounded. Posted Image

Does the discussion impact the stories? Yes. How much? Depends.

Sometimes the stories will be written well in advance. I often got really far ahead on Bloodlines. Sometimes they don't. For HMS Belvidera, right now I'm writing Chapter 12. For the new story, I've gotten five chapters hammered out. The writing is only a part of the process: we spend a lot of time on editing. BUT, even for stories written well in advance, I still will make changes. For example, in Bloodlines, someone mentioned that Wade's father had probably been abused himself. I hadn't considered that, but it worked perfectly, and gave me a way to let Wade start a reconciliation process and get some peace. In this story, the question of whether Winkler ever got laid came up, and reminded me to take care of the lad's carnal needs.

The comments also help me when it comes to how I write. For example (and back to Bloodlines) there was the issue over which tape Beau got. The clues were a little too veiled. Lesson learned, hopefully.

Finally, there's the acceptability factor. If I really f**k up, people tell me (Jeff...grrrr). I learn what is cool, and what isn't. Kill off a popular character people identify with or care about: I'm in deep shit. Have a guy stick his fist in another guy's ass: No problem. Posted Image If no one said anything, I wouldn't get the mores down.

For the new story, I've gotten five chapters hammered out.

New Story? Another to the series? I hope. After like 55 or 60 chapters of this one I hope?

When you write to you outline a story or just sit down and write to a landmark? I know you research events. How you get access to information for one such as this escapes me. Just knowing the rigging and the process of setting the sails for five or six different styles of ships, like knowing the royals exist on one type but not another is a serious amount of work. But then learning about who was where and piecing the bits together is overwhelming. At least to me.

So do you outline a story or just sit and write it. And when you do write it, do you see it as third person or through the eyes of one character or through the eyes of who ever is speaking?

I tried the outline thing and the first thing I found out was that storybook characters hate outlines.

New Story? Another to the series? I hope. After like 55 or 60 chapters of this one I hope?

When you write to you outline a story or just sit down and write to a landmark? I know you research events. How you get access to information for one such as this escapes me. Just knowing the rigging and the process of setting the sails for five or six different styles of ships, like knowing the royals exist on one type but not another is a serious amount of work. But then learning about who was where and piecing the bits together is overwhelming. At least to me.

So do you outline a story or just sit and write it. And when you do write it, do you see it as third person or through the eyes of one character or through the eyes of who ever is speaking?

I tried the outline thing and the first thing I found out was that storybook characters hate outlines.

I usually have a beginning in my mind, a mental outline for the first part of it, then I go from there. "Man in Motion" would by a good example. I knew that I wanted to have a crisis with Brad and Robbie's relationship, because they were just to fragile too be a "happily ever after" couple without some more pain and suffering. And I knew I wanted another man. So I started writing....and wrote myself into a corner. So next I had to figure out what would make someone like Neil better than Brad? That's a tough one. Best way, in my mind, was something really kinky. So I turned to my team and ended up with fisting. Now THAT took some research.

As for research, Wiki is almost always my starting point (even for fisting!) but almost never the end point. With this story and the whole Bridgemont Series, it's a lot harder to get that kind of info on the web, so I've bought a number of books, and I already have a bunch. For "The Wardroom" I finally tracked down an awesome description of the "Siege of Toulon". For the uniforms, I picked up another one. For Master and Commander, the research was different, not campaign, but sailing. How long did it take to get to India? When could you go? And then there's a lot of time poring over maps (Google Maps) at little islands and their satellite images.

I do best if I can immerse myself and think I'm the character. I try to do that, and usually can, but sometimes I have to get stoned first.Posted Image

Easy question first: The doctor's been around for a while, since Granger took command of "Intrepid." He hasn't gotten laid (that we know of) but he did to a prostate stimulation on Granger when he was wounded. Posted Image

I remember that he was running from a transgression . . . or two. But I couldn't remember if he made the transition from the intrepid. I also couln't remember if he had really tended to the captains ailments or not. Likewise we haven't heard from Ranger. It would be cool if he thwarted a night boarding or point out a stow away, perhaps after an engagement. Or he could bark and give their position away.

Or perhaps you could combine the two and let the doctor bend over and let Rover take over and have a bone of his own.

Certainly better than the economy of the the two characters by letting the doctor fist the dog or stimulate his prostate.

I don't think we have had a concert yet either since the departure. So much material so little time.

So I turned to my team and ended up with fisting. Now THAT took some research.

But was it good for you too? The research that is.

but sometimes I have to get stoned first.Posted Image

You don't mean ":devil:weed"

Smokin' that wildwood flower got to be a habit, we never seen no harm. We thought it was kinda handy, take a trip and never leave the farm.

Here's a link to an interesting article about HMS Temeraire. She was a 98 gun ship of the line.

HMS Temeraire

That was fantastic! The cut away alone was incredible. 4-1/2 ACRES of canvas. 60 yards long. Incredible.

they ate on square plates, probably to keep them from rolling but that was the origin of 3 squares a day.

So much very cool information. Thanks.

Mark -

I just couldn't let the whole Floreal thing go by. It is totally unfair for you to leave us hanging like that. :angry: I'm in the middle of training the puppy I rescued in Nov. and when the chapter ended before the fight I immediately thought "oh bad! That was just bad". Then smirked.

I like the Granger story. I don't usually comment on it because I use it as light entertainment and don't pay much attention to character development and plot, etc.s The story is good and fun.

Dave

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..