Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

Mark

for my first post I'll not go into the need for more/less of Lennox, Walker's sleeping arrangements or any of the other issues addressed above, I'd just like to congratulate you on a wonderful series (I have only read the stories featuring Granger). As far as I am concerned you seem to be able to write bloody well and i am prepared to enjoy it as it comes (so to speak). I look forward to the continuation of Granger's exploits. And just to contradict everything i said above - I prefer Travis' masculine maturity to Calvert's boyish ethusiasm!

write on and bugger RL!!

Regards

C

• Like 1

for my first post I'll not go into the need for more/less of Lennox, Walker's sleeping arrangements or any of the other issues addressed above, ....

....i am prepared to enjoy it as it comes (so to speak). I look forward to the continuation of Granger's exploits. ...

...I prefer Travis' masculine maturity to Calvert's boyish ethusiasm!

:angry:Well just slap me silly! :devil: Just because we discussed feelings and interests above doesn't mean I or any of us for that matter disapprove of the way it was written. Quite the contrary, it means that they were written so well as to personafy them. Makeing their behavior or existence real enough to explore as if this were history and the writer a witness to their lives. :great:

:devil:Nor does it mean any of us enjoy the exploits of young love any more than the mature masculine exploits of Travis or Granger. 0:)However, having said that, I for one enjoy budding young passion driven love. It is sweet and adorable to watch develop.:wub: And in this day and age of homophobes we do not get to witness it often if at all firsthand, so a story writing that includes it is interesting and enjoyable unto itself.:read::D

I think it is safe to say that we all enjoy and look forward to how ever it comes cums. Especially from such a fantastic wordsmyth as Mark Arbour.:worship:

Welcome to GA! :D

Mark

for my first post I'll not go into the need for more/less of Lennox, Walker's sleeping arrangements or any of the other issues addressed above, I'd just like to congratulate you on a wonderful series (I have only read the stories featuring Granger). As far as I am concerned you seem to be able to write bloody well and i am prepared to enjoy it as it comes (so to speak). I look forward to the continuation of Granger's exploits. And just to contradict everything i said above - I prefer Travis' masculine maturity to Calvert's boyish ethusiasm!

write on and bugger RL!!

Regards

C

Another cherry post! Thanks! I'm glad you like Bridgemont. I'm not sure who I'd prefer, Travers or Calvert. Then again, who says that has to be the only choices our young captain has?Posted Image

:angry:Well just slap me silly! :devil: Just because we discussed feelings and interests above doesn't mean I or any of us for that matter disapprove of the way it was written. Quite the contrary, it means that they were written so well as to personafy them. Makeing their behavior or existence real enough to explore as if this were history and the writer a witness to their lives. :great:

:devil:Nor does it mean any of us enjoy the exploits of young love any more than the mature masculine exploits of Travis or Granger. 0:)However, having said that, I for one enjoy budding young passion driven love. It is sweet and adorable to watch develop.:wub: And in this day and age of homophobes we do not get to witness it often if at all firsthand, so a story writing that includes it is interesting and enjoyable unto itself.:read::D

I think it is safe to say that we all enjoy and look forward to how ever it comes cums. Especially from such a fantastic wordsmyth as Mark Arbour.:worship:

Welcome to GA! :D

Now Ricky, I think our new friend was just trying to be complimentary, and I took it as such. Posted Image

Then again, with a name like Canuk, it reminds me of Canadians, and Canadian men, and who can be pissed off at a Canadian? Posted Image

Now Ricky, I think our new friend was just trying to be complimentary, and I took it as such. Posted Image

Then again, with a name like Canuk, it reminds me of Canadians, and Canadian men, and who can be pissed off at a Canadian? Posted Image

True enough. Some of my best friends are Canuks. I even eat maple syrup on my pancakes. And after all he is a newbie.

So my apologies if I've offended the canuk.

Love and hugs only.:hug::*)

• Like 1

Another cherry post! Thanks! I'm glad you like Bridgemont. I'm not sure who I'd prefer, Travers or Calvert. Then again, who says that has to be the only choices our young captain has?Posted Image

remember when you took mine?? i think it was Be-rad and oh it was rough....sexy....steemy all at the same time.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image ....best cherry taker ever mark :D :D And now i'm quite popular :D :D :P

Ain't that the Truth!!!! :D

• Like 1

remember when you took mine?? i think it was Be-rad and oh it was rough....sexy....steemy all at the same time.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image ....best cherry taker ever mark :D :D And now i'm quite popular :D :D :P

Ain't that the Truth!!!! :D

Give me your cherry and everyone will love you? What a great motto. Wish I would have used that 30 years ago.Posted Image

Excellent love scenes in chapter 5. :2thumbs::wub:

So Granger's all bummed out over Travers' refusal (inability?) to disclose who is looking after his interests back in London. Tough call.

I don't believe for a moment that Travers would take advantage of Granger for his own advancement. We'll have to wait and see how that unfolds.

Travers has to realize, however, that he has just put a major dent in their relationship. I wouldn't mind getting into Travers' head for a few moments. I'm not sure that came out right. :P

Excellent love scenes in chapter 5. :2thumbs::wub:

So Granger's all bummed out over Travers' refusal (inability?) to disclose who is looking after his interests back in London. Tough call.

I don't believe for a moment that Travers would take advantage of Granger for his own advancement. We'll have to wait and see how that unfolds.

Travers has to realize, however, that he has just put a major dent in their relationship. I wouldn't mind getting into Travers' head for a few moments. I'm not sure that came out right. :P

I'm sure it will come out right in the end, er, so to speak.Posted ImagePosted Image

ch 5 ended with Georgie sad and lonely Posted Image that makes me sad!

here's hoping he finds a new buddy to play with in the time it takes to get back to the Med.Posted Image

can't wait to see what Caroline digs up. Hope she doesn't stir up a scandal. Nah, she's too good at what she does to do that.Posted Image sneaky, sneaky she is!

And surely Travers is too smart to bite the hand that feeds him so to speak. (at least I hope he is)

Ha! your right Tiger, this is George we're talking about after all! It just remains to be seen how long Mark will torture him, lol.

It seems that he had some relief in Chapter 6, but he still needs someone to be with on a more regular basis...

Wow, Preston made another appearance. It looks like his career has not been advancing well as he is not yet a post captain. It's obvious that he resents Granger because of it. Hopefully, that will eventually be resolved. There's obviously still a rift between Granger and Travers as well. I hope they can settle their differences soon.

It seems that he had some relief in Chapter 6, but he still needs someone to be with on a more regular basis...

Wow, Preston made another appearance. It looks like his career has not been advancing well as he is not yet a post captain. It's obvious that he resents Granger because of it. Hopefully, that will eventually be resolved. There's obviously still a rift between Granger and Travers as well. I hope they can settle their differences soon.

Preston is actually doing pretty well. Granger is just lucky and connected, that's why he got such speedy promotions.

Preston is actually doing pretty well. Granger is just lucky and connected, that's why he got such speedy promotions.

Yeah, but he won't be promoted quickly again unless you off a bunch of captains and admirals. Can Wilcox die first? :D

ch6: Mark is obviously building up something with Travers' political 'patron'. Wonder what sort of surprise is waiting for us.

I have mentally pegged Winkler as one of the rare heterosexuals in this..... so, let's see.

Edited by Enric

ch6: Mark is obviously building up something with Travers' political 'patron'. Wonder what sort of surprise is waiting for us.

really....i think wrinkler is hiding something, or has realised something!! that he's maddly in love with granger and wants him!! that'll be the final relationship of granger....for life. Cuz wrinkler is the only one who can't ever leave Grangers side.... Posted ImagePosted Image JK but i'm currious whats up with him....he knows something >=)

um...Calvert gone... Posted Image.....travers...i'm actualy not excited to see back haha he's lame.....and uninteresting..exept for the political hiding of someone....now omg the naked shower people were hot! lol!!!

Maybe we should have a GIANT squid attack because they actualy do EXist no....or a whale siting, pods travel alot so why hasnt the ship seen any or dolphins or gulls or hornets(duno if there out and about in the sea) or other creepy bugs...lol

Edited by Mark M

Getting caught back up with the story. (I hate when pesky things like life get in the way of what is truly important.)

CH 5 - A beautiful love scene. One of the best I have ever read. Beautiful viral and masculine. Did I miss tasty? well done. I think all hell will break lose when Granger finds out it is Caroline herself, helping Travers along. I think she is doing it for the sheer love of her husband and his happiness. And perhaps a little of , "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't." She has after all struck up somewhat of a deal with him hasn't she? And at Granger's own instructions, courted her himself. And perhaps she wanted a little taste of what satisfied her husband where she could not.

My thoughts only, of course.

CH 6 - Now, what is making Winkler as nervous and a 14 year old whore in church? Perhaps fear that his relationship with Lennox may be found out? (My personal favorite idea of course) Or is it one of the lieutenants? Or as a twist, perhpas the rat chasing dog Ranger! Butt perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree here. ** sorry couldn't resist the pun. Bet it left you howling though. **

Mark, this is already a classic as far as I am concerned. I will be asking permission to convert it to audio so I can listen to it on long trips. For my own use only of course.

Anyone's thoughts on my thoughts?

really....i think wrinkler is hiding something, or has realised something!! that he's maddly in love with granger and wants him!! that'll be the final relationship of granger....for life. Cuz wrinkler is the only one who can't ever leave Grangers side.... Posted ImagePosted Image JK but i'm currious whats up with him....he knows something >=)

um...Calvert gone... Posted Image.....travers...i'm actualy not excited to see back haha he's lame.....and uninteresting..exept for the political hiding of someone....now omg the naked shower people were hot! lol!!!

Maybe we should have a GIANT squid attack because they actualy do EXist no....or a whale siting, pods travel alot so why hasnt the ship seen any or dolphins or gulls or hornets(duno if there out and about in the sea) or other creepy bugs...lol

Don't hold your breath on the giant squid attack. Besides, aren't squid pretty timid?

Getting caught back up with the story. (I hate when pesky things like life get in the way of what is truly important.)

CH 5 - A beautiful love scene. One of the best I have ever read. Beautiful viral and masculine. Did I miss tasty? well done. I think all hell will break lose when Granger finds out it is Caroline herself, helping Travers along. I think she is doing it for the sheer love of her husband and his happiness. And perhaps a little of , "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't." She has after all struck up somewhat of a deal with him hasn't she? And at Granger's own instructions, courted her himself. And perhaps she wanted a little taste of what satisfied her husband where she could not.

My thoughts only, of course.

CH 6 - Now, what is making Winkler as nervous and a 14 year old whore in church? Perhaps fear that his relationship with Lennox may be found out? (My personal favorite idea of course) Or is it one of the lieutenants? Or as a twist, perhpas the rat chasing dog Ranger! Butt perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree here. ** sorry couldn't resist the pun. Bet it left you howling though. **

Mark, this is already a classic as far as I am concerned. I will be asking permission to convert it to audio so I can listen to it on long trips. For my own use only of course.

Anyone's thoughts on my thoughts?

I don't think Caroline knows about Travers, only Calvert. If she knew the whole list, she'd be pretty freaked out.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..