Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

Ok, A couple of hot sex scenes (and they were really hot too!) to sooth the savage, "I gotta have a chapter now" beasts. But did they actually advance the story line any?

Mark, did you think we only read for the sex? The really really good kind like you write so well?

Ok, so maybe a few do. But I personally would have liked to see a bit more story. I'd like to see him sink the Florean and rescue Wilcox. Then when he tries to take control of the ship he can set him adrift in a row boat. Tell him he can have full command of both oars.

If he goes back with a prize it excuses his inability to catch up to the convoy too.

But we'll take what we can get Mark. And if all you can give us is sex . . . we'll form a line. (Everyone behind me please, no shoving. well ok just a little. Ouch! You Brute you.)

It's about balance. Posted Image

I thought this one was important, showing how Roberts and Merrick, uh, worked through things, and how that left Granger all alone.

Everyone keeps saying he's alone. "I" should be so alone!

Besides Merrick and Roberts, he has Winkler and Lennox at his beck and call. Not to mention Ranger, although someone might have to hold him.

Ok, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Some might even say I'm just barking mad. Personally I think a little hair of the dog that bit ya can start your day off right. Although we aren't still talking canines I might add.

But alone he isn't and this just showed the Lt's that they have common ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see another exhibition of willful insubordination. I mean, he seemed to enjoy going over his chain of command. Or was that cuming? Both are right I think.

Any way you look at it, he gave a "hole" new meaning to the chain of command.

Sorry, I don't mean to make lite of it. I wouldn't want you to think him a petty officer.

Oh stop me! I'm on a roll. I guess better that than the gunners daughter. Who was it that got that? was that the young Wilcox? Don't remember.

(I'm stuck in a hotel in DC with no way out! Canceled train. Made a new reservation for Wednesday AM. Fingers crossed. Room is free until then. Guess I'll be writing and reading until then.)

Everyone keeps saying he's alone. "I" should be so alone!

Besides Merrick and Roberts, he has Winkler and Lennox at his beck and call. Not to mention Ranger, although someone might have to hold him.

Ok, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Some might even say I'm just barking mad. Personally I think a little hair of the dog that bit ya can start your day off right. Although we aren't still talking canines I might add.

But alone he isn't and this just showed the Lt's that they have common ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see another exhibition of willful insubordination. I mean, he seemed to enjoy going over his chain of command. Or was that cuming? Both are right I think.

Any way you look at it, he gave a "hole" new meaning to the chain of command.

Sorry, I don't mean to make lite of it. I wouldn't want you to think him a petty officer.

Oh stop me! I'm on a roll. I guess better that than the gunners daughter. Who was it that got that? was that the young Wilcox? Don't remember.

(I'm stuck in a hotel in DC with no way out! Canceled train. Made a new reservation for Wednesday AM. Fingers crossed. Room is free until then. Guess I'll be writing and reading until then.)

Well, you certainly do give me a quandry to think about. More of these puns, or another argument? Which would be preferable in the forum?Posted Image

Hope you get out of DC!

Well, you certainly do give me a quandry to think about. More of these puns, or another argument? Which would be preferable in the forum?Posted Image

Hope you get out of DC!

Hey! Are you doggin' me?

And argument is such a harsh word Mark. I'd like to think of it as broadening your perspective of possibilities.

As for the other, well let's just say that I think I've dated a few dogs in my day. You know the old saying, 'Beauty is only skin deep "butt, ugly" is clean through to the bone.'

Is any of it inappropriate? I'll stop. Just tell me and I'll take the bite out of it. I wouldn't want to wag the dog. Sorry, this tale is getting too long. I'll just dachshund off. I wouldn't want the moderator to be hounding me. I want to remain a man's best friend.

I hope I get out of DC too. The alternative isn't very pretty. I hope tomorrows snow is less than they anticipate. If it's a lot of snow it could get really ugly for me.

Hey! Then I could be someone's woofer!

Hey! Are you doggin' me?

And argument is such a harsh word Mark. I'd like to think of it as broadening your perspective of possibilities.

As for the other, well let's just say that I think I've dated a few dogs in my day. You know the old saying, 'Beauty is only skin deep "butt, ugly" is clean through to the bone.'

Is any of it inappropriate? I'll stop. Just tell me and I'll take the bite out of it. I wouldn't want to wag the dog. Sorry, this tale is getting too long. I'll just dachshund off. I wouldn't want the moderator to be hounding me. I want to remain a man's best friend.

I hope I get out of DC too. The alternative isn't very pretty. I hope tomorrows snow is less than they anticipate. If it's a lot of snow it could get really ugly for me.

Hey! Then I could be someone's woofer!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Guest Wyndham

Once again this forum is as entertaining as the forum.... Oops! Sorry Mark I meant to say almost as entertaining. :worship:

As enjoyable as the sex is, and I appreciate how you used it to diffuse a potentially difficult situation, I also like the 'main story' and hope that then next few chapters will contain a bit of dash and flourish :boy:

Once again, thanks for a great sseries of stories.

Chapter 10 was superb! :2thumbs: Another incredible sea battle.

Admiral Wilcox will have some explaining to do. :angry: I sense a court martial coming.

Poor brave Cavendish! :( I hope he recovers.

Cavendish is too cute to not recover. You saw the model of him earlier in this thread, no?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just can't wait to see how Wilcox tries to explain his actions to all of Granger's supporters back in England, not to mention the other Captains in the convoy. I'm not to familiar with Naval regulations, but it seems that this last course of action would merit some sort of courts martial. Would the Captains in the convoy have the authority to remove him from command till they returned to a port?

I just can't wait to see how Wilcox tries to explain his actions to all of Granger's supporters back in England, not to mention the other Captains in the convoy. I'm not to familiar with Naval regulations, but it seems that this last course of action would merit some sort of courts martial. Would the Captains in the convoy have the authority to remove him from command till they returned to a port?

The senior captain (Flagg) could take command and lower his flag, but that's a huge risk, one that most captains wouldn't recover from. Removing a senior officer from command is dodgy because it smacks of mutiny. Hornblower dealt with this in the novel "Lieutenant Hornblower".

The senior captain (Flagg) could take command and lower his flag, but that's a huge risk, one that most captains wouldn't recover from. Removing a senior officer from command is dodgy because it smacks of mutiny.

I thought that might be the case. Was just curious. I guess Wilcox could always say he was doing what he thought best to protect the convoy even though everyone would know it was BS. He could also say that George had faced off with Floreal twice before and survived so why not let him have the chance to take her down...Doesn't make sense, but what the hay, he's an Admiral.

Hornblower dealt with this in the novel "Lieutenant Hornblower".

I remember watching a Horatio Hornblower movie in a "Literature of the Sea" class in college. We had to compare the movie version to the book. That was the best 400 level lit class because the Prof was a retired Naval officer and he would tell great stories. We read some greats for that class, Mutiny on the Bounty, Moby Dick, and several Hemingway stories. Most have stuck with me which may be why I started reading the Wardroom in the first place (I read that before I read the CAP stories). Of course there wasn't quite as much sex in those old literary classics which makes Bridgemont much less dry! (Plus there shouldn't be a research paper due at the end! lol)

Edited by Ivy

Ch10 was bloody marvellous!! sexual tension, political infighting, and a decent batttle with significant ramifications. Mark Posted Image , you are a bloody wonder!

agree, Wilcox won't be disgraced by this as he'll have his defence all lined up, but it will be one of those chinks in his armour that people like Bridgemont (and Westminster) can use to further his son`s career. and Cavendish can`t die.... to cute, and as yet unravished!!!! the boy cannot go to his grave without knowing the delights Granger has to offer.....Posted Image

Chapter 10 was pretty good. I'm still hoping that Granger has a love interest soon. He really needs one!

Wilcox is, once again, an ass as always. It's too bad that they don't kick him out.

A love interest? Well, you'll have to wait for that....until Chapter 11.Posted Image

Admirals are never court marshaled. It just doesn't happen. put out to pasture? To be sure but court marshaled? Not even on a bet.

As for taking command. Had they done it before the act of compliance by Belvidere then it could have been done. Now he could claim that he figured the great Captain Grainger was sent to slow him up, he saw no need to rush into things. So taking command would not work after the fact. No, the only thing that could be done would be a duel of honor against Wilcox. And I'm not sure if men of the military are permitted to duel each other.

But something tells me that Cavindish's death or and ijury that would mark the end of his career would seal his disgrace. And God help him when Granger's wife gets done with him let alone Cavendish's family.

I get the feeling that he would be better off being hung from a yard arm.

Nicely done Mark. Completely enjoyable.

However. After the second reading. It is possible to be relieved of command because of the failure to reduce sail and permitting conditions that permitted the Indianman to ram him. It was also unsafe as the ships were scattered and they were lucky not to run into the Floreal. During their scattered condition. The real test will be when he tries to court marshal Howard for disobeying. He will try, no doubt to try him at sea and I suppose that Granger will be left behind in a crippled ship and unable to protect Howard.

But that would mean that there would be a need to deem Wilcox unfit to command. A serious charge and a risky one as it is mutinous in nature. If it is unsuccessful then it turns that way. To purported Mutiny.

So the question is how large the balls are of the other captains. Will he succeed in hanging Howard or will he accidentally fall overboard after the garbage and be culled by the sharks.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..