Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

Mark -

I just couldn't let the whole Floreal thing go by. It is totally unfair for you to leave us hanging like that. :angry: I'm in the middle of training the puppy I rescued in Nov. and when the chapter ended before the fight I immediately thought "oh bad! That was just bad". Then smirked.

I like the Granger story. I don't usually comment on it because I use it as light entertainment and don't pay much attention to character development and plot, etc.s The story is good and fun.

Dave

Dave,

If the new chapter was ready, I'd post it. Posted Image

Dave,

If the new chapter was ready, I'd post it. Posted Image

Hey, he was JUST saying . . .!

I mean kudos for him saying what the rest of us were thinking. And if it isn't ready then why are you wasting time answering messages instead of editing or cracking the whip? Eh!?

Hey, he was JUST saying . . .!

I mean kudos for him saying what the rest of us were thinking. And if it isn't ready then why are you wasting time answering messages instead of editing or cracking the whip? Eh!?

Crack a whip at my team? I think Jay's the only one who would enjoy it.Posted Image

They are way too awesome and work way too hard for me to give them anything but my unconditional devotion. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Crack a whip at my team? I think Jay's the only one who would enjoy it.Posted Image

They are way too awesome and work way too hard for me to give them anything but my unconditional devotion. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

What? :(Someone wouldn't take that as a bone-us?:blink:

:ranger:Only Jay would enjoy it? Even with the right music?:music: (The Forecast calls for pain by Robert Cray)

I guess I'll just have to climb into "The Box" and wait it out.

A great new Chapter. And Wilcox again. Just like a bad penny that turns up in your pocket no matter how many times you spend it.

I would like to see him overboard just after emptying the garbage. You know, chumming for sharks. I would have to put a finger in my ear and wiggle it around for a bit after having heard the "man over board" call.

So glad to hear that it was Grafton and not Lennox.

I think Lennox and Winkler ought to get together. They will both be together for the long term. And perhaps Winkler will now be open to a little taste of command-er. :great:

Poor Grafton. :( Just when he was becoming interesting, too. 0:) Such is life in the King's navy. Was he buried at sea? A few words from Granger would have been nice.

Kudos to Granger for doing his duty and, most importantly, successfully. Sure showed that French '74 what sailing is all about. I really enjoyed the battle description. :2thumbs:

For me, we could spend the whole story running into French ships. Well, not the whole story. :P0:)

Wilcox as shark food. Yes, I like it! :lol:

Well that little nipper, Winkler. Gettin' himself some! Good on him! :great:

Superb chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

Bout time!!! i missed Granger....i forgot there was a cliffhanger in the last chapter even!!!! ARG WILCOX i hate em but honestly i love the fact granger has one pain in his ass......that's actualy not a dick entering and exiting him.......lol :P U KNOW WHAT I MEAN >.>

Anyway Great Chapter....somehow i knew grangers ship will get away, like just title a story Belvidera when it dies only 8 chapters in :P NEVER :P. Could've ended up as a captured ship though, that could've been interesting. An "On land" Escape from prision. :o haha

Next chapter anytime. This is wayyy better then "the Box" so far. -.- no offence :P

Poor Grafton. :( Just when he was becoming interesting, too. 0:) Such is life in the King's navy. Was he buried at sea? A few words from Granger would have been nice.

Kudos to Granger for doing his duty and, most importantly, successfully. Sure showed that French '74 what sailing is all about. I really enjoyed the battle description. :2thumbs:

For me, we could spend the whole story running into French ships. Well, not the whole story. :P0:)

Wilcox as shark food. Yes, I like it! :lol:

Well that little nipper, Winkler. Gettin' himself some! Good on him! :great:

Superb chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

Thanks Conner! I thought it was cool that Winkler got laid too. He's a good lad.Posted Image

Grafton had so much potential. I don't get why he had to die. He could have developed a relationship with Granger. :(

Because this is wartime, and thus every once in a while a character must be sacrificed to the Gods of War. Beyond that, if you think about it, someone like Grafton is probably not a good candidate for a relationship with Granger. He needs someone with a much cooler head (as in on top of his shoulders)Posted Image

ch8: so Lennox, but would he really be Granger's soulmate....

That is your guess?

Bout time!!! i missed Granger....i forgot there was a cliffhanger in the last chapter even!!!! ARG WILCOX i hate em but honestly i love the fact granger has one pain in his ass......that's actualy not a dick entering and exiting him.......lol :P U KNOW WHAT I MEAN >.>

Anyway Great Chapter....somehow i knew grangers ship will get away, like just title a story Belvidera when it dies only 8 chapters in :P NEVER :P. Could've ended up as a captured ship though, that could've been interesting. An "On land" Escape from prision. :o haha

Next chapter anytime. This is wayyy better then "the Box" so far. -.- no offence :P

Well, give "The Box" a chance. They (the first two chapters) aren't really characteristic of the story as it progresses. You'll see that in Chapter 3, which will be posted later this week.

That is your guess?

rather, I doubt it isn't.

Anyway, soulmates or no soulmates,

Lennox is Granger's remote cousin.

And if I understood it correctly, they somewhat resemble one another. Physically. [they should. somewhat.]

While it's rarer that those who resemble one another, would be a long-term couple; still theirs current could form a good basis for an ongoing friendship and trust.

fine i'll give the box it's chance....RAWR!!!

But i duno.........i read Jeet by Josh recently and even though it was really really messed up (Oracle was both male and female) it was an interesting read....politically. :D Anyway

NEXT CHAPTER :P

But i duno.........i read Jeet by Josh recently and even though it was really really messed up (Oracle was both male and female) it was an interesting read....politically.

Messed up? :(Jeet is a classic! It is a political masterpiece as well as an incredible story. His research into the pederasty was formidible. How about the governor's letter to the king? It was time perfect. :D And the sheer number of sexual encounters without rubber stamping them, making each one fresh and unique in itself makes it a masterpiece.

I mean Nymphadora wouldn't like it because of the ages but people who realize that young teens like sex too would love it.

As for the oracle being a hermaphrodite, he was more boy than girl and it was tastefully done. (No pun intended.)

I haven't gotten to, "The Box" yet. I have been thinking, "out of the box," but anticipating thinking "in" the box very soon.

I must admit that as well as CAP is written, the Granger-related stories appeal to me so much more. I am not sure I am going to express this very clearly but I'll give it a go. While both story-lines have well developed characters, in the Granger series they feel they are there for other than their own purpose. The characters are all part of a bigger picture. In CAP its all about the family, the importance of the family, the security of the family and the head issues of the family. This produces a good story in a days-of-our-lives way, whereas Granger stories always feel like they are part of a greater picture.

all this of course doesn't make one better than the other, just explains my preference.

Mark Posted Image , I look forward to whatever your amazing talent will produce next. If I had my d'ruthers I'd get you to chuck the day job and just bloody write - you have fans to satisfy, !!!

I must admit that as well as CAP is written, the Granger-related stories appeal to me so much more. I am not sure I am going to express this very clearly but I'll give it a go. While both story-lines have well developed characters, in the Granger series they feel they are there for other than their own purpose. The characters are all part of a bigger picture. In CAP its all about the family, the importance of the family, the security of the family and the head issues of the family. This produces a good story in a days-of-our-lives way, whereas Granger stories always feel like they are part of a greater picture.

all this of course doesn't make one better than the other, just explains my preference.

Mark Posted Image , I look forward to whatever your amazing talent will produce next. If I had my d'ruthers I'd get you to chuck the day job and just bloody write - you have fans to satisfy, !!!

I'd second that suggestion, Canuk, especially since Mark makes it a point to be quite detailed in pointing out that most of his characters have big dicks(!) Posted Image but I don't think he likes the idea of living without a food budget, or without a car that can outpace a Buick doing 20 miles an hour under the posted speed.

Edited by kjames

I'd second that suggestion, Canuk, especially since Mark makes it a point to be quite detailed in pointing out that most of his characters have big dicks(!) Posted Image but I don't think he likes the idea of living without a food budget, or without a car that can outpace a Buick doing 20 miles an hour under the posted speed.

So true!

Why thank you very much. I'm glad you like Bridgemont. I think they're very different, but then sometimes I'll end up developing similar characters then get pissed at myself.

Bridgemont is in 3rd person because of that you are an observer not in the story as close. You can see that George is lonely but you don't know what he is thinking. In Cap you are in Brad, Stef, JP's head. I love both storylines. It's easier too relate to JP and his family but who wouldn't want to be sailing around the world with George during one of the most interesting times in history. I guess it shows that you and your team are not just a fluke but truly a skilled group of writers. Truly storetellers. :worship:

Subjugation....seemed that Merrick might like that.

Indeed he does. That was nice and kinky. Still, I think Granger needs a new boo. He seems so lonely, almost like he's incomplete as a person, and I fear it may start interfering with his performance, mainly in the form of being more of a disciplinarian... hmmmmm, that might not be a bad thing now think about it. :music:

Indeed he does. That was nice and kinky. Still, I think Granger needs a new boo. He seems so lonely, almost like he's incomplete as a person, and I fear it may start interfering with his performance, mainly in the form of being more of a disciplinarian... hmmmmm, that might not be a bad thing now think about it. :music:

Do you really think I'd leave our adorable blond captain high and dry for too long?Posted Image

Ok, A couple of hot sex scenes (and they were really hot too!) to sooth the savage, "I gotta have a chapter now" beasts. But did they actually advance the story line any?

Mark, did you think we only read for the sex? The really really good kind like you write so well?

Ok, so maybe a few do. But I personally would have liked to see a bit more story. I'd like to see him sink the Florean and rescue Wilcox. Then when he tries to take control of the ship he can set him adrift in a row boat. Tell him he can have full command of both oars.

If he goes back with a prize it excuses his inability to catch up to the convoy too.

But we'll take what we can get Mark. And if all you can give us is sex . . . we'll form a line. (Everyone behind me please, no shoving. well ok just a little. Ouch! You Brute you.)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..