Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

as far as social rank, of course the Bridgemonts have it over the cavendishes as the Bridgemonts are ficticious, however to be socially "ahead" of the cavendishes at the time would have made them in the top two or three families..... ie bloody high in the social stratum of the day. if this were the case the Wilcox family would have had to be one of those top two or three familes to be able to treat Grainger the ay they do. It would probably make sense if the Bridgemonts are slightly lower (ie top dozen families) but on the up, the Wilcoxes top dozen but struggling and the cavendishes top three/four with no worries..... this "ranking" would give the various struggles and alliances verisimillitude.

MarkPosted Image , thanks again. brilliant. may you become independantly wealthy and so this wretched day-job can be ditched!!!

as far as social rank, of course the Bridgemonts have it over the cavendishes as the Bridgemonts are ficticious, however to be socially "ahead" of the cavendishes at the time would have made them in the top two or three families..... ie bloody high in the social stratum of the day. if this were the case the Wilcox family would have had to be one of those top two or three familes to be able to treat Grainger the ay they do. It would probably make sense if the Bridgemonts are slightly lower (ie top dozen families) but on the up, the Wilcoxes top dozen but struggling and the cavendishes top three/four with no worries..... this "ranking" would give the various struggles and alliances verisimillitude.

MarkPosted Image , thanks again. brilliant. may you become independantly wealthy and so this wretched day-job can be ditched!!!

Cavendish would be higher simply because his father is a Duke while Granger's is an Earl.

In the Royal Navy, the Wilcoxes have influence because there are a lot of them, and they've made ties throughout the centuries. Similar to the way Granger had developed ties with Calvert, Travers, etc., only without f**king them. Maybe. Outside the Royal Navy, Bridgemont could squash them like bugs.

Cavendish would be higher simply because his father is a Duke while Granger's is an Earl.

In the Royal Navy, the Wilcoxes have influence because there are a lot of them, and they've made ties throughout the centuries. Similar to the way Granger had developed ties with Calvert, Travers, etc., only without f**king them. Maybe. Outside the Royal Navy, Bridgemont could squash them like bugs.

The way I see it, when Cavendish's father finds out what happened, Admiral Wilcox will have hell to pay. Doubtless the nobility had much more clout in those days, and dukes were just a step or two below the king (in fact some dukes would be immediate family to the king), and it would be easy enough for him to have the admiral's head served on a platter if he so desires.

The way I see it, when Cavendish's father finds out what happened, Admiral Wilcox will have hell to pay. Doubtless the nobility had much more clout in those days, and dukes were just a step or two below the king (in fact some dukes would be immediate family to the king), and it would be easy enough for him to have the admiral's head served on a platter if he so desires.

Just remember the English tendency to just brush things under the table. Big scandals and public fiascos are more of an American thing.

Just remember the English tendency to just brush things under the table. Big scandals and public fiascos are more of an American thing.

Ouch!:angry: Begging your pardon. :sheep: The English have had their share of fiascoes as well as a large number of scandals. The difference is they don't have the free press and the airwaves is owned and controlled by big brother so when they sweep things under the rug it stays there.:thumbdown:

Thank you very much.

i know the box just went up but i can't help it. i'm way more addicted to Granger and his story now....which i don't know why.......still out of all your stories Mark. Be Rad and Man in Motion are by far the best. And HMS Belvidera is catching up fast.

i know the box just went up but i can't help it. i'm way more addicted to Granger and his story now....which i don't know why.......still out of all your stories Mark. Be Rad and Man in Motion are by far the best. And HMS Belvidera is catching up fast.

damn, and I haven't read those yet.:funny:

When I go back and re-read my stories for fun, I usually go to four: Man In Motion, Be Rad, Bloodlines, and CAP, in that order.

Chapter 12 was pretty good. Oh, the Portuguese are up to no good. George has a difficult task in convincing Wilcox though. That man is truly arrogant. He needs to be put to pasture, but he'd have to get caught doing something really bad.

Cavendish is so cute. He and George are made for each other. Plus, he can stay with George for a while, because he's not even a lieutenant yet. :2thumbs:

Chapter 12 was pretty good. Oh, the Portuguese are up to no good. George has a difficult task in convincing Wilcox though. That man is truly arrogant. He needs to be put to pasture, but he'd have to get caught doing something really bad.

Cavendish is so cute. He and George are made for each other. Plus, he can stay with George for a while, because he's not even a lieutenant yet. :2thumbs:

See, I told you I'd give Granger a new boy-toy soon enough. Posted Image Even I'm wondering which of all these men in his life has, or will have, more of his heart. Travers? Calvert? Or maybe even Cavendish? Posted Image

latest chapter: bloody brilliant! sex, intrigue and a great ending without being a completely articificial cliffhanger!! MarkPosted Image , you are a wonder. You do seem to have a predilection for large cocks. the way you lovingly decscribe Cavendish's would imply that you see one like it, often?????

i can imagine that Grainger is going to have another success at sea , but Wilcox will interpret it as disobedience and so the drama continues. I love it!!!Posted Image

BTW, no contest - Travers is the LOHL. Cavendish is pretty, available and willing, but after the great sex who would you rather have a conversation with Cavendish or Travers? no contest, as far as I am concerned.... I'd set up house with Travers and treasure the memory of Cavendish.

BTW, no contest - Travers is the LOHL. Cavendish is pretty, available and willing, but after the great sex who would you rather have a conversation with Cavendish or Travers? no contest, as far as I am concerned.... I'd set up house with Travers and treasure the memory of Cavendish.

Hmmm. Well, on the one hand, Travers could talk authoritatively about naval issues and could provide a stable source of advice. On the other hand, Cavendish comes from the same world as Granger and knows the same people, so conversation with him would likely be pretty lively.

Given the evidence Granger has indicating that the Portuguese are up to something - something not good for England - I don't really think Granger has much of a choice here but to pursue it. And as someone has already pointed out Wilcox will crap all over him for disobeying orders. Hopefully, in the end, it will be Wilcox with egg on his face. :thumbdown:

Besides, following orders is just so boring. :lol:

So the Cavendish lad can kiss with the best of them and has a sweet ass...AND a big dick. How do you beat that combination? :music:B):wub:

So the Cavendish lad can kiss with the best of them and has a sweet ass...AND a big dick. How do you beat that combination? :music:B):wub:

Yeah, the cool thing about writing stories is you can create fantasy characters. In real life, it's tough to find that combination. My luck: A guy is a good kisser, has a sweet ass, and IS a big dick.Posted Image

• Like 1

Yeah, the cool thing about writing stories is you can create fantasy characters. In real life, it's tough to find that combination. My luck: A guy is a good kisser, has a sweet ass, and IS a big dick.Posted Image

Do you mean that he is a big dick or that he has a big dick? :funny:
  • Like 1

Hmm, sounds kinda like Jardines.

Real life have to plead lack of experience, but personality and character matter far more to me than anything else. Posted Image

The Cavendish family will deal with Wilcox at a later time. Granger will stand aside and be the hero once again. The Cavendish family may never know the realtionship Granger and Cavendish are developing, but they will reward Granger for his bravery in battle. If Cavendish is permanently injured there will be hell to pay.

Can't wait to see who is on the mystery ship. (Can't really be a cliff hanger if they are in open water.)

Hopefully Mark will put "The Box" on the backburner and post Belvidera at least three times a week.

The Cavendish family will deal with Wilcox at a later time. Granger will stand aside and be the hero once again. The Cavendish family may never know the realtionship Granger and Cavendish are developing, but they will reward Granger for his bravery in battle. If Cavendish is permanently injured there will be hell to pay.

Can't wait to see who is on the mystery ship. (Can't really be a cliff hanger if they are in open water.)

Hopefully Mark will put "The Box" on the backburner and post Belvidera at least three times a week.

Well, one of my key team members is a skiing fool, so that's screwed up our posting schedule.

• Like 1

Well, one of my key team members is a skiing fool, so that's screwed up our posting schedule.

Well, I'm sure things will get back into a good swing. My BWS symptoms are actually quite mild right now. I can't speak for everyone else though.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..