Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 3

We missed the charter with the surfer boy??? :o:(

Great chapter, CJ! :worship: Super dialogue between Trevor and Lisa. I'm glad Trevor was able to be honest with her around her relationship with Josh. That's always tough stuff.

Linxe, there is such thing as a summer birthday. They're normally the youngest in their classes. My cousin was 17 until August of 1999, the year he graduated. It does happen. Anyway, I wonder when someone will come along to make Trevor decide to come out of his shell. I hope it's soon. :D

• Like 1

He also pulled a fast one on us. He said elsewhere he was going to do his Tuesday postings.

Ahh, but I said "by Tuesday". And, that fits for a post today. :P

I do aim to resume Tuesday postings, and today was sort of the halfway point from Thanksgiving to next Tuesday. :)

We missed the charter with the surfer boy??? :o:(

Great chapter, CJ! :worship: Super dialogue between Trevor and Lisa. I'm glad Trevor was able to be honest with her around her relationship with Josh. That's always tough stuff.

Oh, we'll be hearing about the charter with the surfer boy, just.. not for a bit. ;-)

Yep, Lisa might be meddlesome, but that gives Trevor license to be the same. LoL! Joel is a good friend of his, and Lisa is pushing Joel away for the wrong reasons.

I'm confused about something. When is, exactly, Trevor's birthday. In the prologue and chapter 1 his birthday is a few weeks away. In chapter 3 it's a year away. Is he 16, or 16?

Oh, NM. I found it. Trevor is 16, soon to turn 17. Hence his 18th birthday is a year away.

He's a junior in high school, correct?

Okay, now that i've cleared that confusion (for me) up, I liked the story so far. Chapter was short though :cry:

Loved it,

Linxe

Thanks Linxe!

Yep, at this point in the story, Trevor is about to turn 17, and is at the end of his Junior year.

There was a time jump of nearly a decade between the setting of the main part of the prologue and chapter one. I hope I didn't confuse anyone with that. :)

The chapter length should be more standard from here on (with the exception of a few that are oversized). :)

I think the reason I got confused is because, initially, I was for some reason under the impression that he was turning 18, not 17. But I went back and reviewed the evidence and figured out he's 16 turning 17, as stated in chapter 1.

This will definitely be interesting because, now that he is NOT a licensed Master (something), I think the lady he has hired to be the figurehead captain is going to end up on whatever adventure he finds himself on.

I also think he's going to end up leaving without saying anything to his father about it, and when he survives and comes back, his father and him will reconcile.

Now on to something else.

If he's only turning 17, why is he moving onto his boat come summer? I'm pretty sure I saw that statement somewhere within the story. His father will still have legal control over Trevor's assets.

Edited by Linxe Termoil
  • Like 1

I think the reason I got confused is because, initially, I was for some reason under the impression that he was turning 18, not 17. But I went back and reviewed the evidence and figured out he's 16 turning 17, as stated in chapter 1.

This will definitely be interesting because, now that he is NOT a licensed Master (something), I think the lady he has hired to be the figurehead captain is going to end up on whatever adventure he finds himself on.

I also think he's going to end up leaving without saying anything to his father about it, and when he survives and comes back, his father and him will reconcile.

Now on to something else.

If he's only turning 17, why is he moving onto his boat come summer? I'm pretty sure I saw that statement somewhere within the story. His father will still have legal control over Trevor's assets.

He's planning to be on his boat a lot, because summer is the prime charter season. His father lets him stay aboard when he has charters.

You are 100% right: a parent has full legal control of a minor's assets.

Trevor's plans to move aboard are in chapter 2:

... someone gave me a negative comment for that :/

C'mon people! I was only nitpicking for consistencies sake, and it is confusing :,(

Thanks CJ, sorry for nitipicking. Still enjoying the story though.

Whoa!!

Please, everyone, DON'T zap people for "nitpicking", even if they actually do it! I both WANT AND NEED comments, good and bad. It lets me know how things are coming across. Remember, I not only ask for, but beg for, comments, good and bad. They help me improve. (and I see Linxe's point; it *IS* confusing!)

Linxe wasn't IMHO nitpicking, but even if he had been, it would have been fine!!

So, please, save the post-negging for those miscreants who truly deserve it; the ones who accuse me of using cliffhangers!

Thanks!!

CJ :)

• Site Administrator

So, please, save the post-negging for those miscreants who truly deserve it; the ones who accuse me of using cliffhangers!

CJ smile.gif

Wow, chapter 3 and you have already started calling some of us names mad.gif . I guess since I'm a miscreant, I might as well point out a few things to you, an innocent.gif in disguise...I'm sure wink.gif .

Actually, we don't find Trev in any specific danger at the moment, but... I am a bit confused too. With the conversation between Lisa and him, he mentions that he was planning on going diving by himself this weekend and the next. I had the feeling that the charters were a rouse to keep his dad from vetoing him from going out to where his mom disappeared. Yet he is with Julie, who I get the impression comes along just for the diving. So is there actually a charter(s)? Is he taking actual charters to dive where he believes his mom has gone down?

Now, as far as a cliffhanger...Treve doesn't reveal who his charter is? Could it be murderous pirates that will take Atlantis under siege and rape and pillage him 2handed.gif . Okay, maybe a bit carried away there. Unfortunately we are left hanging wondering who the charter is for. Is it Ben's family? Who is it?

Well I'm done being a miscreant for nowtongue.gif, so thanks for the chapter CJ.

Steve cool.gif

You are 100% right: a parent has full legal control of a minor's assets.

Trevor's dad had his wife murdered, and he will do the same with his son after 89 chapters of sailing. Sorry for the spoiler, but I doubt most of you will actually get tricked past the 55th chapter, that has quite a pleasant pool party, but also ludicrous plot developments.

Trevor's dad had his wife murdered, and he will do the same with his son after 89 chapters of sailing. Sorry for the spoiler, but I doubt most of you will actually get tricked past the 55th chapter, that has quite a pleasant pool party, but also ludicrous plot developments.

Don't you mean

ocean party? We had quite a few of those in the Navy out by the Hawaiian Islands. Minus the booze, of course

Don't you mean

ocean party? We had quite a few of those in the Navy out by the Hawaiian Islands. Minus the booze, of course

B).....................A year before Trevor is able to Captain his own boat, hmmm! Guess that means we will have Julie in this story for a long time, especially if most of the story takes place at sea (egads!!! shades of Helen?). So Joel and his reluctant girfriend Lisa and Ben are all somehow going to go out on a pleasant three hour cruise somewhere soon? 0:) What could possibly go wrong there? I bet someone will forget to pack the lunches! Nice chapter CJ, great in slowly introducing the characters, look forward to more soon!!

B).....................A year before Trevor is able to Captain his own boat, hmmm! Guess that means we will have Julie in this story for a long time, especially if most of the story takes place at sea (egads!!! shades of Helen?). So Joel and his reluctant girfriend Lisa and Ben are all somehow going to go out on a pleasant three hour cruise somewhere soon? 0:) What could possibly go wrong there? I bet someone will forget to pack the lunches! Nice chapter CJ, great in slowly introducing the characters, look forward to more soon!!

I think the age requirement applies to the captain of a boat hired out for chartered trips. An underage boat owner can sail on his own whenever and wherever he desires. Am I right?

Edited by MikeL

I think the age requirement applies to the captain of a boat hired out for chartered trips. An underage boat owner can sail on his own whenever and wherever he desires. Am I right?

B).................I think it applies if he is on his own, if he has passengers of any kind, chartered or not, a Captain must be on board.

Wow, chapter 3 and you have already started calling some of us names mad.gif . I guess since I'm a miscreant, I might as well point out a few things to you, an innocent.gif in disguise...I'm sure wink.gif .

Actually, we don't find Trev in any specific danger at the moment, but... I am a bit confused too. With the conversation between Lisa and him, he mentions that he was planning on going diving by himself this weekend and the next. I had the feeling that the charters were a rouse to keep his dad from vetoing him from going out to where his mom disappeared. Yet he is with Julie, who I get the impression comes along just for the diving. So is there actually a charter(s)? Is he taking actual charters to dive where he believes his mom has gone down?

Now, as far as a cliffhanger...Treve doesn't reveal who his charter is? Could it be murderous pirates that will take Atlantis under siege and rape and pillage him 2handed.gif . Okay, maybe a bit carried away there. Unfortunately we are left hanging wondering who the charter is for. Is it Ben's family? Who is it?

Well I'm done being a miscreant for nowtongue.gif, so thanks for the chapter CJ.

Steve cool.gif

Hey now! There has to be something left to cover in later chapters! :P

And BTW, chapter 4 is called "The Charter". I can't say what it's about (one must always fear the Echidna!), but I can give the title! :)

Julie is the nominal captain, there to fulfill the legal requirement and get some diving in. :)

Trevor doesn't take charters out to the spot off Bimini. Its sort of sacred ground for him, and it's dangerous; it's 20 miles offshore, BUT, that area is one vast shallow region. Those can be treacherous waters, not a good place to take charter guests to dive. :)

a chapteof transition i think.... I can't wait to see what will happen next ^^

Write more!

Hi Elezbed, and welcome to the forum!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

It was indeed a chapter of transition; good call! :)

Now, now, Bondwriter, you're just upset because Lisa said, in Chapter 1, "There is no Hell. There is only France." You can't blame me for that; Lisa said, it, not me!

For Steve, to calm him down on the prospect of pirates: Dead Calm

(a very scary movie...)

That does sound like a scary movie! Fortunatly though, scary stuff never happens in my stories. :)

Yep, you're right! It's sort of like a commercial driver's license; in order to be paid to drive passengers, you need one. However, as owner, he can go out alone, or take friends, as long as no money is involved (except for expense-sharing). But, Trevor can't get his master's ticket until he's 18.

about the gay thing: my guess is that Trevor's dad actually is a bi, and had his share of past when young adult.

He is concerned that if some authorities or nasty people get to know about that, Trevor could be taken away from him.

And now, when Trevor or anyone talks about gay issues, the dad always thinks it comes too close to himself.

so, this all nerve-wrecking would be about the two not talking clearly enough to one another.

Yikes! I hope you're wrong about that. Indeed his dad is flawed, but a murderer? There's evidence against this theory of course. For one thing, he never remarried. If his idea was to off her, he'd do so for a reason, and I cannot see how it was to his benefit to murder her.

By the way CJ, I am actually defending you as it pertains to what your characters say. I have written characters that are flawed. Of course, hatred of France would be mild compared to some of the things that they do. 0:)

Edited by Tiger

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..