Exodus Week one 2nd half Discussion

Well it's been a few days, so let me just clear a one thing from my chest.

Yes, I did name Myrden and Dan Knox after Myr and DK. :P

Polar opposite personalities with a deep sense of duty and integrity, something you guys will get as you read.

The situation I placed Myrden in was kind of a catch-22, which as a CID officer (It's a real branch of military investigations, sort of like an Army version of NCIS. Their mandate is to investigate criminal activity within the army and civilian contractors) in the US military may go through due to the ubiquitous circumstances of crimes involving military and civilian personnel.

If you think that little piece of reference is interesting, there's more within the story.

For example, the NYU flashback about the damp rooms is a true account. Back in the 1970's to 1980's, NYU was undergoing both an expansion and financial issues due to severe depletion of funds. The maintenance staff was cut by half within dormitories and there were stories of poor ventilation and other health issues within the dorms.

I also went through a long and arduous search for scientific theories on FTL travel and learned the basics of the Helms Fold space theory. It's very interesting and somewhat similar to what Star Trek's warp drive envisions as creating a subspace or extra-dimensional bubble in standard 4 dimensional space. However, there's a big difference between Alcubierre and Helm. Helm's theory on folding dimensions is based on a different correlation between EM forces versus Alcubierre Standard Model interpretation. (Xeran might be one of those nitpickers, so I had to explain in depth why Warp Drive became "fold drive". :P )