An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA

"Broken Too" is a very good chapter, Riley. It's clear to us readers how much Luke and Ryan have in common although it's obvious they still have a way to go. I hope I'm safe in not taking your end note concerning the next chapter literally. I would hope something quite different occurs. Surely Luke can turn aside any would be tormentors with an explanation of his medical situation. If not, Ryan may come to his rescue once again.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Unfortunately for Luke, I think Riley was being serious about his impending hanging, though I would of thought that it would be too soon for them to have another Hanging. If this story is more about the journey then th destination, we may be in for a steep dip coming next chapter. I'm personally not very confident anyone would be able to save him, Ryan and Toby may not be there to help him. I would hope that you are just as sadist and and cruel towards Cody Mitchell and his tool Jonny Landon when the pendulum swings their way. Sadly life doesn't quite workout like that. Posted Image

How many chapters do you plan on writing for this story?

It's a good question - how many chapters are there left?

Actually, I don't know. It surely isn't finished yet, and is actually still evolving. However, there are two things I know for certain in the journey of English Teen. The first is what happens right at the very end of the tale. That's already been set, and I defy you to ever be able to guess what that's going to be!

The second is more immediate and it's about what happens tomorrow when Luke is cornered in that bathroom. That has already been written, and I wont change it for anyone now! And what that is going to be and to mean for the individuals and for the school? Oh no....not a chance am I going to say!

Riley

It was him?

Good chapter, Riley. Luke has some interesting conversations...especially on line. Will he figure it out on his own?

HI Mike - thanks again for dropping the note on the board here that the new chapter was online. It's quite fascinating seeing the conversations between Luke and Damon, when you actually know who Damon is, and the only one in the dark is Luke! Some of the things that Ryan/Damon says are so close to the edge that you get the feeling he is almost hoping to make a mistake and tell Luke everything. I'd like to say he would, but it so much goes against the grain for him.

'It was him'....isn't that just a killer. I'm ready to open a poll here for suggestions as to who 'him' might be. You never know, I might even rewrite it, if somebody comes up with something extremely good!

Riley

'It was him'....isn't that just a killer. I'm ready to open a poll here for suggestions as to who 'him' might be. You never know, I might even rewrite it, if somebody comes up with something extremely good!

OK. I'm not afraid to guess. "Him" is none other than Jonny Landon. He's there to see the urologist about a penis enlargement procedure.

OK. I'm not afraid to guess. "Him" is none other than Jonny Landon. He's there to see the urologist about a penis enlargement procedure.

Dickless Jonny Landon! Now that would be fun wouldn't it! It's almost worth changing the plot just for that!

Riley

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was wrong about that...not that Jonny Landon didn't play an important role in Chapter 17. The replay of his disturbing pastime

has a happier ending this time.

Even though I don't condone violence I can't deny a part of me cheered when Ryan landed those punches, and Landon got his cunupance maybe he has been taken down a notch. This school needs a zero tolerance hazing policy, and where the hell are the teachers in this school, Is there never any supervision?

Great read and great suspense I just hope no one ends up in the heads office in serious trouble.

• Like 1

Even though I don't condone violence I can't deny a part of me cheered when Ryan landed those punches, and Landon got his cunupance maybe he has been taken down a notch. This school needs a zero tolerance hazing policy, and where the hell are the teachers in this school, Is there never any supervision?

Great read and great suspense I just hope no one ends up in the heads office in serious trouble.

With a broken nose and smashed teeth in play now....I think it's highly likely, don't you?

Riley

• Like 1

The head going to have a splitting headache. Mostly from hearing landon belly aching. Well at least they were in time to save simon.

Its hard to picture simon looking prettier than Luke - but if thats the case - Ryan punch is justified and it must have felt very good.

Wonder if they gave a few kicks to the restrainers. I wonder who else got hit?

The head going to have a splitting headache. Mostly from hearing landon belly aching. Well at least they were in time to save simon.

Its hard to picture simon looking prettier than Luke - but if thats the case - Ryan punch is justified and it must have felt very good.

Wonder if they gave a few kicks to the restrainers. I wonder who else got hit?

HI hh5,

There chapter did end abruptly - though I think you're right, the punch must have been sweet! The story will pick up moments later in the next chapter when it's published.

Thanks again for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

Riley

Guest KarateKid

Riley-

I just finished reading your (well Luke's) story... when's the next chapter, can't wait :D I'm loving it and the best thing is that it is true. Thanks to you Luke's amazing story has come out to us... thank you for writing it. IT was amazing.

Jared

Riley-

I just finished reading your (well Luke's) story... when's the next chapter, can't wait :D I'm loving it and the best thing is that it is true. Thanks to you Luke's amazing story has come out to us... thank you for writing it. IT was amazing.

Jared

Hi Jared - welcome to GA! And thanks for dropping a note onto the thread here. Another chapter of Olly is coming out soon too, so watch out for that.

Riley

Jason is one twisted individual. Makes him great material as a bully though Posted Image. I'm still unsure if it's his stupidity or his need for approval by his peers (especially Mitchell and his ilk) that makes him do some of the horrible things hes done at this point. I'm guessing its a good mix of the two. He did comment on how he wanted to find somewhere quiet to "relieve himself" during Ryan's Hang, so this could be how he responds to the rise in "sensual currents". Maybe he's like the other kid's (Carlos?) tormentor and enjoys his work more than he lets on? Either way, I still enjoyed the ending, and how it leaves me wodering what to expect next time.

Good Job! Posted Image

• Like 1

Jason is one twisted individual. Makes him great material as a bully though Posted Image. I'm still unsure if it's his stupidity or his need for approval by his peers (especially Mitchell and his ilk) that makes him do some of the horrible things hes done at this point. I'm guessing its a good mix of the two. He did comment on how he wanted to find somewhere quiet to "relieve himself" during Ryan's Hang, so this could be how he responds to the rise in "sensual currents". Maybe he's like the other kid's (Carlos?) tormentor and enjoys his work more than he lets on? Either way, I still enjoyed the ending, and how it leaves me wodering what to expect next time.

Good Job! Posted Image

I tended to think that Jonny was straight. Luke never indicated anything else, even though he had been such a ****. Jerking off maybe, but only as all teens have the need to, gay or straight. He definitely has a strong anti-gay stance, but, of course, that can often be a cover to hide personal insecurities too.

RIley

I like to point out that this is not the first story I read of an injustice.

The other was the Tim White story and that was short of hate crime. No justice came out of that.

First - Its the school that hold big responsibility to providing a safe haven to its students. The thing I hate worst for a private school is how much politics and big wig parents looking to control the school, head master, and teachers.

Secondly, badly influencing the affected children and to withhold the entire matter from the parents is very bad.

Look the reality is that - Good people are too good to people and bad people never learn the lesson in life. They go on abusing but for a small moment that they are out of your life when you or them leave the school.

The failure of the Parents to be alerted to the situation. The failure of the school to inform them of the incident. The failure of the parents and the school to act in the best interest of the victims. The failure of justice to prevail. All this just sets up a precedence that such an act similar or worst can happen again at some other school or at this school again.

What the boys don't understand that the problem is much bigger than them ... they do stand to gain something out of it now you got the evil ones over the barrel. But the bad thing of the victims is be force to not do something about it. The reason why is that really not every school - has the school spirit ... its just people that go to a place to be educated or to work with children. The notion of the school spirit - is very much the "crock of shit" (Scent of a Woman)

Now this is where the parents should be about .. helping them cope with what they will take with them for the rest of their lives. But not doing anything about it just give strength to the injustice of our society. Look at how many times injustice happens and how many times we don't think about others in the future who won't be saved from this. Its like having the Titanic (a tragedy) happen all over again and again.

Look if society can not learn from their mistakes ... we only being selfish about ourselves ... we allow injustice to happen by playing it down.

Its mostly likely I think this story and like the Tim White story that things are left to another future incident to occur somewhere.

We fail to teach our students about dangers of hate and learn how to treat others ... the reality is that parents don't have the time to properly teach their kids ... some will let the matter slide and some will hurt the child about such a matter ... and a very small percentage would actually have a productive talk with their children.

Both incidents in this story and the Tim White story happen on school grounds. Its definitely a school obligation to report the incident to School Board, Police, Mayor, and parents regardless of what the victims decide.

But then the ultimate thing is even our government would want something like to be kept quiet.

So is it again right that we let these things get sweep under the rug?

The bottomline - we don't care about the well being of our children.

Question

1 - Shouldn't society learn from matter and do something about it?

2 - Should it be left to the failure of the system to just sweep the issue under the rug and show the victims we don't care of what happen to you.

3 - These two stories are big risk items that can't be ignored to act a precedence to future - yet why did we let it fail?

4 - An apology will not take away the hurt that was inflicted

If it was a punch in the arm - sure an apology makes sense

But I bet the school and the Landon will just compensate to a free school lunch and pull Landon out of school. Much like the Tim White story - the bad guys ran away or kept low from society.

The only thing we teach our children - we are cowards to help any one who is in need.

Like what deal are we expecting out of Daniels?? Daniels may be looking for his way to be Head Master more than finding the proper settlement to the entire situation.

What are we teaching our readers - that sexual and physical abuse \ assaults gets quietly sweep under the rug?

That the reasons to not put this to trial or to gov't is because of the fear that the victims life will be restricted ie: spending a lot of money in court ... like losing your childhood and life .. getting found out in the news ... letting the bad guys go free ... the people want to stay in power would play down the incident??

We seem to really fail in explaining - the rights and wrongs here - the biggest issue - we will proliferate something bad here about what to do when you're hurt in this kind of matter.

First - Its the school that hold big responsibility to providing a safe haven to its students. The thing I hate worst for a private school is how much politics and big wig parents looking to control the school, head master, and teachers.

Secondly, badly influencing the affected children and to withhold the entire matter from the parents is very bad.

You make two very good points. As for the second one, it appears it has been left to Ryan and Simon to decide if they should tell their parents. It really should be the school's responsibility to inform the parents as the parents need to know of physical and psychological problems which may ensue. In this case, Simon is not even a party to the discussions which affect him.

If you haven't already, you may wish to read the discussion on New Hampshire's new school bullying law.

You make two very good points. As for the second one, it appears it has been left to Ryan and Simon to decide if they should tell their parents. It really should be the school's responsibility to inform the parents as the parents need to know of physical and psychological problems which may ensue. In this case, Simon is not even a party to the discussions which affect him.

If you haven't already, you may wish to read the discussion on New Hampshire's new school bullying law.

I have read part of it ... but really anything wrapped in politics has loop holes or holes ... some one will always find ways around the system

As for the Ryan and Simon - they are young to decide ... but if they are falsely made to decide ... or basically not supported by their parents ... Landon walks ... with or without his father influence. But it be great to see the rich people get their world shaken to see what happens every day in public school. Landon Jr - what Luke thought or said isn't too far off that Landon has a big screw lose in his head ... he won't get sorted ... he'll be a repeat offender.

I can't say in 20\20 hinesight that this story carries ... Its only Simon and Ryan that knows they have this incident on their minds ... its them that moved forward in life or have not. Only the author can verify if they have put the past in the past or not. For Simon he took it a bit worst than Ryan since he cracked faster than Ryan ... he stands to be have been damage more than any one could understand.

We can hope that therapy was available ... could we hope that the school and the Landons paid for that ... I suppose not ... because thats how our society is ... its too weak to really help people

Like I said right at the beginning, this is a story that I'm writing alongside Luke (for him really), and you have to realise and accept that some things have been adapted and made stronger from the original, for the sake of the telling.

But he also put up something in the reviews as well - mainly in response to your thoughts hh5. He says:

It's quite a chapter!

I hate to stick my nose in, but I was reading what hh5 was saying - that it should have all been reported. And he's right - even in England these days there are strict child protection laws and stuff - and teachers are legally bound to report anything like that to the law. Even though it's been written more strongly than it was, even I'm reading it and thinking 'what if". But you have to remember that it was seven or eight years ago in America, and it was a bit different then.

And anyway - none of us really wanted any more trouble.

Luke

Should it have been handled differently. These days, he's right, we are much more on top of these kinds of things - certainly in the UK we are - not sure about elsewhere. But then...well, I guess lots of things got swept under the rug for what was perceived as the greater good.

Riley