An English Teen, Circumcised in the USA

And anyway - none of us really wanted any more trouble.

Luke

Should it have been handled differently. These days, he's right, we are much more on top of these kinds of things - certainly in the UK we are - not sure about elsewhere. But then...well, I guess lots of things got swept under the rug for what was perceived as the greater good.

Riley

Thanks for your reply

After reading one of Nephy stories - and corresponding with her.

it seems the moral is like you say "what was perceived as the greater good"

It may or may not serve justice or society - then again - justice nor society may or may not serve the greater good.

We would actually wish society can learn from its mistakes - but - sometimes it does and it doesn't.

I do have to agree with Luke in a way - society is more trouble than its worth.

Sure as the division between "your life" and the activist life - its quite different.

I say the taste of the usa you had ,,, if it didn't made the difference several years ago ... its the same it didn't make the difference forty years ago

Society changes slowly ... I guess the USA is way behind ... perhaps Europe is way ahead or even asia is way ahead

But as Nephy stress to me and so does Tim - and you - its the luck that you two found each other thats the important thing than if ever society would improve itself.

So we'll see in the next 50 years after 2012 if society does improve itself or just remain the same - the haves and the have nots ... the lucky ones that found each other - its "happy for now" (Nephy quote)

Cheers

• 1 month later...
"Elliott Part 1: Hola! Soy Miguel"...great chapter, Riley. You are doing a good job with the sidelight stories to An English Teen. I'm looking forward to part 2. Edited by MikeL
  • 4 weeks later...

Marcus is a wuss. He could talk to the kids after school since no decision or agreement was reached.What school board? Its just the board of directors who will expel the kids and get rid of Routledge. He won't make it to principal in the next 3 years.

Hey booboo with the words - either stick with headmaster or principal ... it may make a difference about how the school is run.

Ryan college plans according to father ... that sucks ... in fact ... why bother with private school ... public school and the army .... thats what real Americans do any way with their kids ... that's one of the ways the good old country gives to the poor and the parents don't have to give dime because they already spent it on credit. The father sounds like he's disowning the kid. The summers adopt a kid #3.

So is Ryan from america really in the UK now? That would be a nice story to hear. What about Simon? I guess he has to settle for a UK bf.

Can we not have MasterMind2 take place at this school? Get the bad guys good ... get Vincent Katharsia back to make a cameo ... blow up the Routledge favorite things. Get all the bad boys permanently disabled - no tongues and fingers and eyes ... blow up half the school

But I guess now ... I guess the main characters will not make any appearance to their 5,10,25,50 year reunions - they would not want to bump into landon and his friends and Routledge ... plus would you want landon to say oh I read your story on GA btw... you didn't get all the facts right

Again if Routledge did the best for everyone for the wrong reasons ... then he did a good job ... he make president somewhere CEO that is.

Now if Routledge - didn't put the bad guys down good enough ... more mayhem on our good guys ... Simon run and hide!! Its not freddy coming its Landon!!

Oh gosh ... bad guys with nothing more than a slap on the risk ... the school is indeed ready for more ... Will it be Revenge or add more victims to the next extra curricular activity

If we stick to the its romance to the end .... normal teenage life ... not much to the story ... except that our main characters are interesting couples.

I hope father summers drops coffee on the macbook ... then luke is up for a new toy ... that be a great deal

---

Since Simon let the cat out of the bag ... No parent ever lets the details get by them ... and then add the drinking ... this is something serious

Parents covering up drinking?? Well if Ryan has another slip up - then it will be a parent test we will see.

So more mystery to the story until the fat lady sings

---

Sell Routledge T-Shirts - Model citizen!!

This is how real life is. Plus this story is rated for adults ...

Father Landon - if he finds out nothing going to happen - he might suspend his discipling his kid - but make sures he can mold his kid to his distinct evil likeness.

Using Todd as a pawn to rope the boys in emotionally, that's pretty underhanded, but pretty clever on Marcus' part. Some readers may get pissed at me for saying this, but is it really that bad if Todd recieved some disiplinary action for his involvement in the Hang? Maybe not full blown expulsion, but some suspenision less punishment?

Todd may not have done the deed himself, but Marcus has sort of a point that Todd isn't completely innocent in all of this, though it's highly unlikely that Marcus would risk exposing the truth and risk getting fired by the Board. This "solution" stinks something foul, but that's how life is sometimes, plus it seems like the boys just want to move on from the incident. While Landon is pacified, I wonder how long Cody Mitchell will stay quiet before he rears his face to cause more problems?

At least will be semi normal with school, as much as I enjoy reading about the three main characters, I miss reading about all the secondary characters in English Teen, especially Toby, Todd, Adam, Ryan's friend (what was her name?!), ugh even Stacy. So I'm excited for future chapters, especially since Luke won't be able to talk to Damon (Ryan) online for awhile.

• Like 1

Using Todd as a pawn to rope the boys in emotionally, that's pretty underhanded, but pretty clever on Marcus' part. Some readers may get pissed at me for saying this, but is it really that bad if Todd recieved some disiplinary action for his involvement in the Hang? Maybe not full blown expulsion, but some suspenision less punishment?

Todd may not have done the deed himself, but Marcus has sort of a point that Todd isn't completely innocent in all of this, though it's highly unlikely that Marcus would risk exposing the truth and risk getting fired by the Board. This "solution" stinks something foul, but that's how life is sometimes, plus it seems like the boys just want to move on from the incident. While Landon is pacified, I wonder how long Cody Mitchell will stay quiet before he rears his face to cause more problems?

At least will be semi normal with school, as much as I enjoy reading about the three main characters, I miss reading about all the secondary characters in English Teen, especially Toby, Todd, Adam, Ryan's friend (what was her name?!), ugh even Stacy. So I'm excited for future chapters, especially since Luke won't be able to talk to Damon (Ryan) online for awhile.

Routlege really the one that is taking a bluff to his evil underhandedness but no one is challenging him.

Hey wasn't when school is over ... so he's got a number of weeks before he's macbookless ... he could always chat a friends house like Ryan

What was clever about Marcus ... he saw that he could not help the boys but go along with the lie of the deal

Hey are they all scared to goto another private school or even attend public school? Look at Ryan college prospects ... goto army for college ... that means no support for college ... so like how the hell could he ever goto UK Uni with Luke ... unless the Summers adopt him right now ... not sure if Uni is free?

I think Simon is further ahead than Luke on relationships but he is young 14 ... more sentively brutalized by the hang and by Routledge

Routledge did scare them enough to say that expulsion would mean they all be separated by the decisions of the parents but then in the same case ... its up to them to sue the school

There is nothing GAY risk ... but the boys don't see as their rights been violated ... they don't see bringing suit ...

But since this is already a history thats being told to us ... mmm there is no suit and they went with keeping quite and what ever routledge has conviently pacified everyone

I think the way its been put by the author there seems to be no big drama finally to bring revenge on routledge or landon or cody or anyone

It going to be like what said in "Last Action Hero" reality is boring ... but the boys found each other and will try to keep their little world together for as long as it will go

I can presume that they are still together Ryan and Luke but Simon might not be and that be some drama there but I guess this story will go as far as leaving the usa.

It be another story about Circumcised Teen back in the UK and bring the story up to where their lives are at.

It would be nice at that point to get their reflection of how life is for them?

I say they have been pretty luck to be together for nearly 14 years now - so it sounds like their relationship is solid.

Hello there...

I just wanted to say that you might have misunderstood. There was nothing wrong with Mr Daniels. I think he did the best he could at the time, and it was Routledge that pushed for us to drop everything and threatened that Todd would be expelled too if we didn't. To be honest the rest of us were quite happy to just let it go.

Luke

Hello there...

I just wanted to say that you might have misunderstood. There was nothing wrong with Mr Daniels. I think he did the best he could at the time, and it was Routledge that pushed for us to drop everything and threatened that Todd would be expelled too if we didn't. To be honest the rest of us were quite happy to just let it go.

Luke

Crap, your right I meant to write Routledge in here and in the review, sorry guys! The only reason I brought up Todd was because while Routledge used Todd to settle the matter quietly, it made me think about where schools are supposed draw the line with disciplining students and how flaws in school policy have led to disproportionate punishment for some students.

Edited by Caedus
  • Like 1

Crap, your right I meant to write Routledge in here and in the review, sorry guys! The only reason I brought up Todd was because while Routledge used Todd to settle the matter quietly, it made me think about where schools are supposed draw the line with disciplining students and how flaws in school policy have led to disproportionate punishment for some students.

Sure but there be a difference between a private school and public school as to accountability

but sure enough there are people that buck the system

Routledge is the sleezy administrator ... captain blai ... so either marcus falls inline or he will walk the plank one day

thats the same deal with the students good or bad that show signs of causing trouble on his ship

he'll make them walk the plank ... and like poker ... play his hand out ... unless someone is wise enough to catch and outplay him

You seen his reactions to challenges to his authority ... his corruption to being powerful ... he is really a bully running a school

How he got the job is a good question ... but no one audits him ... if they do he has spies to let him know in advance

I guess he manages expectations very well.

In a public school ... there are audits or bribes ... but then the system is very flawed in some states and other nearly 1950s perfect

the minimum guidelines to Fed and State standards

Its a gov't run system ... so people fight or gone alone with the system ... there be suits or none ... there be hurt students and then there be flawed accountibility and doctored reports.

Its seems its a running theme for this type of gay teens story where two teens find each other. They don't challenge the system and stay closeted. But they got what they found and sought to protect their find. Their potential mate and to protect that perfection which means take the punch or give a good fight. In two cases I read so far its take the punch.

But remember the system can be ignored or use or fought ... its the people playing the system that could circumvent, rebel, use to an advantage, etc.

Hence the reality is ... an imperfect world ... that you can't expect to run perfectly or textbook ... its a business ... and there's a sucker every minute (P.T. Barnum)

• 2 months later...

I just read this story and I thought I would jsut say how much I am enjoying it, can't wait to see what happens with Luke and Ryan :)

I have to say I am a little disappointed that the boys who hurt Simon and Ryan are going to get away with it, and i really hope that they get what they deserve.

• 2 weeks later...

Friends,

Just a short note to let you know that I haven't fallen under a bus or done anything stupid. I'm still here and getting on with life.

A number have dropped notes over the last few moths - thanks for that, and I've tried to reply personally to each one. Most ask when the next chapter is coming out. Actually, it's pretty much fully written and has been for months, but...

...well, sadly, something happened on a personal level over the summer, which fairly well took the wind out of my sails with my writing. Don't get me wrong - it was not any criticism of any of my stories - in fact the feedback and encouragement from the community here has been brilliant. Something else which I guess I don't want to talk about, but I'm really sorry that, as a result, the story (in fact two stories if you include OLLY) have stalled.

I think about them often and the stupid thing is, not only do I have the current chapter finished, I pretty much have the remainder of both tales written in my head...but it's hard just now to return to it. I don't know, maybe it's time to open it up and offer it to someone else, to write the ending how they want?

Apologies too that I've not been in the forum - probably to avoid answering when the next chapter would come.

Sigh...

Have a wonderful Christmas, and if you're blessed with a family, enjoy them!

Your friend,

Riley J

• Like 1

Riley-

So sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties. I hope you are able to heal and move on - and that you have a strong support network behind you. These kinds of things are never easy but whatever you're going through, you have people thinking about you and wishing you well. Allow yourself the time you need and then, if you're able, come back to the story. If not, just let us know that you are finished with it. But most importantly, give yourself whatever it is that you need. You're a talented writer and I look forward to reading anything you write in the future.

Cheers and happy holidays,

~Rick

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Still a couple of Riley's stories are not back up.

But am very glad to see E T reappear from the dead. I sure hope our maestro reappears as well and adds some more soon I so miss both him and Luke, Simon and friends. Ste

• 2 years later...

I was reading An Enlish Teen Circumcised in the USA. Then it disappeared and I just cant find it anywhere. I get an error if I try to go to gay authors. Can someone please tell me where to find it as I was enjoying it very much. Marty

mpl7623@gmail.com

I was reading An Enlish Teen Circumcised in the USA. Then it disappeared and I just cant find it anywhere. I get an error if I try to go to gay authors. Can someone please tell me where to find it as I was enjoying it very much. Marty

mpl7623@gmail.com