Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Next Generation

Gay or Straight?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. JJ?

2. 2. Will?

3. 3. Darius?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Did Will inherit Brad's huge dick?

Some of these have been mostly answered in Millennium, but I still think that Darius, having been raised in the environment he has been, still has the potential to be a Cole or an Andre or if not extreme, at least be willing to fool around with guys just to get off.

JJ, same thing. Bi-sexual wasn't an option with him, but in the figure skating world, especially when he starts traveling to international events, I can see him having encounters with fellow skaters he admires.

And Will, we have those answers.

• Like 1

I am curious as to why neither JJ or Will is able to talk to Brad about their more personal life. Darius has no problem blabbing about his conquests...

"I don't want to talk about it" or "I don't like talking about that stuff" is all that they are able to say...

Will we know is, Darius for sure doesn't swing on the wildside. JJ... mmmmm, hard to say. Logic says no, the odds are against it, but then this is Marks world, hell, anything could happen! Maybe in 10 years he'll be a transexual lesbian. :P

Some of these have been mostly answered in Millennium, but I still think that Darius, having been raised in the environment he has been, still has the potential to be a Cole or an Andre or if not extreme, at least be willing to fool around with guys just to get off.

Agreed. I can't see him not having at least one encounter with a guy in college, just to at least try it out. If anything I think Mark decidely to make Darius uber-heterosexual out of the criticism he got from people about how so many family members are gay in this story.

JJ, same thing. Bi-sexual wasn't an option with him, but in the figure skating world, especially when he starts traveling to international events, I can see him having encounters with fellow skaters he admires.

I didn't understand why bisexual wasn't an option for him but it was for Darius. It was a little weird for me that Brad didn't seem to consider the "bi" option for his kids, but Mark explained that for Brad's generation, someone was either straight or they were gay. There was no in-between. Of course, that'll be entirely different for JJ and Will's generation, as terms like "heteroflexible", "straightish", and "pansexual" abound.

And I think you're right, Tim. I had a female figure skater weigh in on this- it'd actually be HARDER for JJ to be exclusively straight considering that he's not really going to be around that many girls as he travels and competes and stuff like that. I'm leaning towards "fluid" here.

And Will, we have those answers.

Will's gay, but I'm sure he's going to have sex with a female at some point when he's in his 20's and Mark decides it's time to add another baby to the CAP family.:D (You know I love you, Mark, but you gotta admit that device has gotten overused at this point.)

I am curious as to why neither JJ or Will is able to talk to Brad about their more personal life. Darius has no problem blabbing about his conquests...

Will's a private person, as Blue has mentioned. As for JJ, here's how I'm reading him. JJ is a guy who's a really charming, playful person that is surface-friendly, but at the same time...he has a hard time getting close to people, and he's inexplicably aloof. He doesn't confide that much in anybody, and he's harder to read. Plus, it's been hinted throughout the story that JJ is the least close to Brad, so it's likely that JJ turns to Jeanine when he really needs to confide in a parent.

The other thing is that JJ has probably picked up by now that as a figure skater in the United States, he needs to maintain this squeaky-clean image. As my consultant said, JJ needs to come off as looking like he doesn't know what sex is, let alone that he's having it. Whatever sexual things that JJ gets into will be on the DL. I can see why JJ wouldn't really want to talk about it, especially since he's not that particularly close to Brad.

Finally....think about it. JJ is 14 and looks 11 or 12. He's probably not fielding that many offers because he's a late bloomer, and the guys who are sexually active around that age are usually the ones that look closer to being a man than still looking like a little boy. (See: Andy in Cross-Currents, who was nearly 6 foot tall at 14 and lost his virginity at that age.) I'm sure Will looks more like a 15-year old than he does 13...I don't think Drew would have been into Will if Will still looked like a little kid the way JJ does. At least, I hope not.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..