Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation - Chapter 26

• Site Administrator

After that hawt and steamy close of the last chapter, Cliff has decided to give us Chapter 26 entitled Dueling Theories.

Will Trevor have his sexual desires sated for at least a couple of days, or was the previous ending just some misdirection to find Trevor extremely frustrated now.

I'm off to read.gif find out :)

After that hawt and steamy close of the last chapter, Cliff has decided to give us Chapter 26 entitled Dueling Theories.

Will Trevor have his sexual desires sated for at least a couple of days, or was the previous ending just some misdirection to find Trevor extremely frustrated now.

I'm off to read.gif find out :)

B)..................Great chapter, very revealing! Not sure who was happier about Trevor getting laid! :lol: I think after Joel reads Trevor's journal he will refuse to go home and insist on finishing the voyage with him. Hmmm, Dirk and Jim lovers? Who would of thought! :rolleyes: I think Jim will very well find a tracking device on his car, it would explain how someone knew he was parked at the airport and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for a certain police officer to obtain information on which flight Jim was on and where he was headed. It looks like Detective Gonzales already has his suspions on Sr. Detective Alford and nicely laid a trap. Can't wait for the next chapter where Joel will make embarrassing phone calls for Trevor to Lisa!!

Trevor's getting slow in his prime ... only 3 condoms ... At his age he should have gone through a whole box :music: I think he's holding back ( unless he reuses the 3 condoms )

Sure Captain of the boat makes him a giver ... I think he's holding out ... I think Joel better check Trevor for a lisp.

Hey ... no sexual replays in his dreams ... we all locked out of his dream factory

Maybe he did play chess with the guy.

Gosh gonna hear more controversial stuff to follow on dirk and jim and ares etc etc

• Site Administrator

cool.gif..................Great chapter, very revealing! Not sure who was happier about Trevor getting laid! laugh.gif I think after Joel reads Trevor's journal he will refuse to go home and insist on finishing the voyage with him. Hmmm, Dirk and Jim lovers? Who would of thought! rolleyes.gif I think Jim will very well find a tracking device on his car, it would explain how someone knew he was parked at the airport and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for a certain police officer to obtain information on which flight Jim was on and where he was headed. It looks like Detective Gonzales already has his suspions on Sr. Detective Alford and nicely laid a trap. Can't wait for the next chapter where Joel will make embarrassing phone calls for Trevor to Lisa!!

Great chapter CJ, thanks.

I was wondering, and did some searching, but civil statute of limitations are different then criminal ones. Now we have a seven year AND a ten year statute that are being watched. We know it isn't murder or any felony that could have resulted in the death of someone, as those are indefinite. I'm wondering if there may have been something shady with the Chandlery, and the purchase of the Ares and the Atlantis that are linked. I guess (and it is a guess) that Dirk and Rachael bought the Ares from Bridget's husband for a steal as he was about to go through a divorce. Since Bridget revealed her hand that she knew all about how to sail and track the sailing of the Ares, maybe she was the captain of the Ares and was so incensed with her husband giving away her boat, that she took his life.

Another thing, if I was unsure of Jim and Dirk not being a couple, this chapter settled it for me. Jim and Dirk are NOT a couple. Too many things were put that chapter to misdirect us. Jim had his poker face on when he met with the detective and wouldn't react one way or another when Gonzales called them a couple. Then, when the officer was talking to the senior detective, all he told him was lies. Why would he tell him one truth, Jim and Dirk being lovers, and lie about everything else?

I too think that when Joel reads of Trevor's mishap in the Atlantic and falling overboard, not even the threat of his parents disowning him will get him to come back to the States and leave Trevor on his own.

So here is an overview of my current guesses:

- Dirk and Jim are not lovers

- Bridget killed her husband over the sale of her boat, the Ares

- Bridget and Senior Detective Alford were having an affair

- Bridget killed and sank the Ares, as if she couldn't have her boat, nobody would (Robbie's hint now makes me think that Bridget made the mayday call, not Rachael, and gave the incorrect coordinates.

- The divorce was nothing more than that, divorce. No murder, threats, affairs, etc. They just got caught up in Bridget's dirty cover up.

I imagine the goat won't say too much on this though :D

• Site Moderator
Jim had his poker face on when he met with the detective and wouldn't react one way or another when Gonzales called them a couple.

Don't forget that Jim is an attorney by profession and is quite capable of controlling his facial expressions.

Then, when the officer was talking to the senior detective, all he told him was lies. Why would he tell him one truth, Jim and Dirk being lovers, and lie about everything else?

Here, the Detective is trying to find the source of the leak in the department.

Another thing, if I was unsure of Jim and Dirk not being a couple, this chapter settled it for me. Jim and Dirk are NOT a couple. Too many things were put that chapter to misdirect us. Jim had his poker face on when he met with the detective and wouldn't react one way or another when Gonzales called them a couple. Then, when the officer was talking to the senior detective, all he told him was lies. Why would he tell him one truth, Jim and Dirk being lovers, and lie about everything else?

B)......I concur with misdirection, it's what you'd expect from a cliff-dwelling goat! :lol: But I disagree that Jim & Dirk are not lovers. Too many hints;

His fists clenching, Trevor fought against his temper and lost. Raising his voice, thinking of the divorce papers, he said, "Why the hell should I? You've got your secrets from me. I know, all right? While you were gone I–"

"Enough," Dirk roared. "My life is not what we're discussing here,"

"Stop, Dad. I don't want to hear it, not after what I... Why the hell didn't you tell me... I found the f**king divorce papers," Trevor said, his eyes full of fire. 'Oh shit, he knows about that too,' Dirk thought, feeling the blood drain from his face.

I know there are other reasons why there are issues between the two of you, but you can get past that, if you're willing to make the effort."

'He means try to be straight,' Trevor thought, his temper beginning to simmer. "I'm not changing, I can't and I won't, and if he can't accept that, too bad." Trevor replied with a scowl.

Jim could see the anger in Trevor's eyes, and then Jim gave the two shirtless teens an appraising glance, deciding that he was unlikely to be able to convince them both, and a partial step would have to be good enough. "At least try to put that aside for now, okay?"

"It's not me who has the problem, so I won't be the one bringing it up," Trevor replied crossly.

Deciding that was as good as he could hope for, Jim turned his mind to the problem of finding a payphone.

"Any news on the gay front?" Dirk asked, in a dejected tone. Jim sighed. "About what you'd expect, but one thing he did say was he wouldn't bring it up if you didn't."

"That's a lot better than I expected, but the main issue remains; what the hell do I tell him about Ares?

(Then this chapter) I note that you are not a criminal attorney, and thus, given your personal relationship with the client..." Officer Gonzalez said, letting his voice trail off. Jim shook his head. "Nice try. I've been Dirk's attorney of record for years, and that predates any personal relationship.

:P...........Dirk thought Trevor found out that he was gay way back at the after Trevor's search for the Aries, when Trevor was only referring to the divorce papers. Dirk assumed Trevor knew about that too! Later Jim tries to bring it up and Trevor thinks Jim is referring to his sexuality. The Mexican standoff of the unspoken truce, with Dirk and Jim coming thinking they came off better then they expected. Finally Officer Gonzales slips out the relationship, Jim being an attorney doesn't deny it but goes into lawyer mode and finishes by saying the attorney client relationship predated the personal one.

Edited by Benji

I think it was funny that Gonzalez used what we all suspect as fodder for laying a trap. To be honest I wonder if he was making it up on the spot or if he truly does suspect that Jim and Dirk are having a relationship. I agree with Benji. I think there is a serious miscommunication between Trevor and Dirk. I suspect they are both gay. Trevor thinks his dad hates him because he's gay and Dirk thinks Trevor has a real problem because Trevor thinks he's gay. As to whether or not Jim and Dirk are in a relationship? The entire vacation plan seems to point at that very strongly, but then again it could be misdirection. However I firmly believe Dirk is indeed gay.

I also think that Joel should demand to stay with Trevor. I wonder if he'll read far enough into the sea log to find out about Trevor's mishap in the Atlantic.

Very interesting. So, Arnold sold the Ares to Dirk. That means Bridget and Arnold were divorcing. Oh yes, she SO killed Arnold, or at least arranged for it.

Finally, we have our first clue that Jim and Dirk are lovers. First was Officer Gonzalez mentioning their private relationship, and intentionally trailing off. Then, the notion of a "first vacation together" and a warm smile. See guys? That's kind of information we needed! Still no concrete evidence or confirmation, but its the first hint.

Now I'm suspicious of Officer Gonzalez. Why would he so blatantly lie to Detective Alfred about Jim's location, and intention? Any good detective would be able to easily find Jim's return ticket records and find Gonzalez to be a liar. Is he fishing to find the leak, or does he have some ulterior motive?

I really want to know what this ten year statute of limitations crap is leading us to. What illegal thing did Dirk do?

• Site Administrator
blink.gif So what you are saying Benji is the goat misdirected us toward the misdirection of the misdirection of the original misdirect to distract us from the misdirection of Dirk and Jim being lovers? blink.gif

blink.gif So what you are saying Benji is the goat misdirected us toward the misdirection of the misdirection of the original misdirect to distract us from the misdirection of Dirk and Jim being lovers? blink.gif

B).............. :D Exactly!!!

*gasp* He wouldn't! Would he? :ph34r:

I think it was funny that Gonzalez used what we all suspect as fodder for laying a trap. To be honest I wonder if he was making it up on the spot or if he truly does suspect that Jim and Dirk are having a relationship. I agree with Benji. I think there is a serious miscommunication between Trevor and Dirk. I suspect they are both gay. Trevor thinks his dad hates him because he's gay and Dirk thinks Trevor has a real problem because Trevor thinks he's gay. As to whether or not Jim and Dirk are in a relationship? The entire vacation plan seems to point at that very strongly, but then again it could be misdirection. However I firmly believe Dirk is indeed gay.

I also think that Joel should demand to stay with Trevor. I wonder if he'll read far enough into the sea log to find out about Trevor's mishap in the Atlantic.

There is a method, known as the Canary Trap, for finding a leak. In order to make it work, all you need is access to some of what is being leaked, such as Gonzalez had a taste of in that second interview with Bridget. Then, you release differing versions of the confidential information (Differing mixes of fact and fiction)to your suspects. Then, if one version shows up, you know who the leaker is. :)

So, Gonzalez might have been telling the truth about Jim and Dirk when he was talking to George... Or, he might have been lying. 0:)

Very interesting. So, Arnold sold the Ares to Dirk. That means Bridget and Arnold were divorcing. Oh yes, she SO killed Arnold, or at least arranged for it.

Dirk and Rachel were divorcing too. Does this mean that, if Bridget killed Arnold, then Dirk killed Rachel? :)

BTW, yes, I can now admit that the seller of Ares mentioned in the prologue was Arnold Bellevue. Also, Arnold is mentioned in the narration as being dead, so he's dead, and that means he'll be remaining dead. :)

Finally, we have our first clue that Jim and Dirk are lovers. First was Officer Gonzalez mentioning their private relationship, and intentionally trailing off. Then, the notion of a "first vacation together" and a warm smile. See guys? That's kind of information we needed! Still no concrete evidence or confirmation, but its the first hint.

Now I'm suspicious of Officer Gonzalez. Why would he so blatantly lie to Detective Alfred about Jim's location, and intention? Any good detective would be able to easily find Jim's return ticket records and find Gonzalez to be a liar. Is he fishing to find the leak, or does he have some ulterior motive?

I really want to know what this ten year statute of limitations crap is leading us to. What illegal thing did Dirk do?

Would it muddy the waters a bit if I mention that the ten-year statute of limitations is not found in Florida law? 0:)

Oh, BTW, I can definitely confirm that Jim and Dirk either are, or are not, lovers. It's one or the other.

I'm so helpful. 0:)

:blink: :blink:

You're making my head spin! :lmao::read:

Come now... would sweet, innocent me ever do anything as sneaky as using an obvious misdirection to mask a non-obvious one? :blink:

Thank you everyone who has posted... I can't comment on some of the things discussed, but I love the posts. I also see that I've been forgetting to mention the coming chapter titles... the next one, 27, is called "Unraveling".

:blink:................. How did I miss this?

"That's a lot better than I expected, but the main issue remains; what the hell do I tell him about Ares?

Errrr! Whatever do you mean Dirk?? Didn't the Ares go down in Bimini? Then again I remember Dirk almost blurting out to Trevor that 'she's not there....' In his anger at the searching... Australia must be the key!

:blink:................. How did I miss this?

Errrr! Whatever do you mean Dirk?? Didn't the Ares go down in Bimini? Then again I remember Dirk almost blurting out to Trevor that 'she's not there....' In his anger at the searching... Australia must be the key!

And what is in Australia? Graeme is in Australia!! Therefor, the question must be asked: Did Graeme sink the Ares? Perhaps he was working with Rknapp? :ph34r:

0:)

I think Rachel is alive and well living in Australia where the Ares resides. The only thing Dirk is guilty of other than lieing to Trevor about Rachel's disappearance is accepting her life insurance money and the insurance for the Ares which he had to do or the disappearance of Rachel they schemed up would not of looked real.

Rachel had to disappear because of something she heard from the two lawyers and their wives she had on her last charter or Bridget was harassing them with legal problems.

Interesting very interesting. I love this story just wish I could read it on my PS3. lol The formatting makes it where you have to scroll right and left for each line. lol

ph34r.gif

I think Rachel is alive and well living in Australia where the Ares resides. The only thing Dirk is guilty of other than lieing to Trevor about Rachel's disappearance is accepting her life insurance money and the insurance for the Ares which he had to do or the disappearance of Rachel they schemed up would not of looked real.

Rachel had to disappear because of something she heard from the two lawyers and their wives she had on her last charter or Bridget was harassing them with legal problems.

That's some great speculation! I can't answer (It would be a spoiler if I did) but I love seeing this!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Interesting very interesting. I love this story just wish I could read it on my PS3. lol The formatting makes it where you have to scroll right and left for each line. lol

ph34r.gif

Hi!! Glad you're back. :)

Hmmm! does anyone know if other pages display okay on a PS3? And if so, why mine don't? If I can figure out a way to fix this, I will.

CJ :)

Well obviously murder isn't the crime that Dirk is waiting for the statute of limitation to expire on. Murder has no limitation. What is he is waiting for at least as far as the 10 year limitation is so that the IRS can no longer file a tax lien against "something". I speculate the problem has to do with the alleged sinking of the Ares.

Well obviously murder isn't the crime that Dirk is waiting for the statute of limitation to expire on. Murder has no limitation. What is he is waiting for at least as far as the 10 year limitation is so that the IRS can no longer file a tax lien against "something". I speculate the problem has to do with the alleged sinking of the Ares.

B)...............Right, there is no statute of limitations on murder, therefore Dirk is not guilty of murder. It is what CJ said earlier that made me realize I was going in the wrong direction, he mentioned it was not 'Florida Law'. Aha, that leaves Maritime law, since the Ares allegedly went down at sea. Section 3293 of Title 18, United States Code, provides for a ten (10) year statute of limitations for certain financial institution offenses which involve violations of, or conspiracy to violate...... I'm pretty sure insurance fraud is one of those offense's!

B)...............Right, there is no statute of limitations on murder, therefore Dirk is not guilty of murder. It is what CJ said earlier that made me realize I was going in the wrong direction, he mentioned it was not 'Florida Law'. Aha, that leaves Maritime law, since the Ares allegedly went down at sea. Section 3293 of Title 18, United States Code, provides for a ten (10) year statute of limitations for certain financial institution offenses which involve violations of, or conspiracy to violate...... I'm pretty sure insurance fraud is one of those offense's!

Yea I bet the 10 year is the tax lien and the 7 is insurance fraud. We'll have to see.

The question then is, why? Why would Dirk and (presumably) Rachel do this? Surely it do two things. Give them lots of money, and destroy whatever trust Trevor had in them. There has to be more to it than that, and I believe Bridget might have a clue.

Too much specialization here - not enough on Trevor's sex life and Joel's BI life

Eventually Trevor's going to sail into what he seeking the answer for

maybe without Dirk really telling him but one day when Trevor does see his Dad

he would at least hear his dad out about whatever its after dec 25th

Maybe he might bump into the answer for Bridget too

The mess will show itself in time and straighten itself out

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..