Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 29

An interesting comment Bridget made to Lisa...

At one point, we were taking and selling at least a dozen boats a year, and my memory isn't what it used to be," Bridget said, giving

Lisa a sweet smile before pointing at the document and adding, "As you can see, the boat's name is not part of the title, only

the registration number is. Most owners, upon purchasing a yacht, give it a new name. The Carlsons were no different in

that regard: They kept the name 'Ares', but I don't recall 'Atlantis' as being the original name. I'm usually quite good with names."

Now, my memory isn't what it used to be, but it's good enough that I rarely contradict myself within a couple of sentences.

Now, my memory isn't what it used to be, but it's good enough that I rarely contradict myself within a couple of sentences.

Yes thats an interesting mystery - the past life of atlantis -

the route past the suez canal - makes me wanna go around africa

the complexity to travel is harder than just driving your car and paying tolls

I wonder if Joel is making considerations to travel with Trev to Shekillies and fly home from there

or go all the way to austraila and come home

Trev is taking a lot of responsibilites or stuff coming his way ... what drives his to move pass all that

you wonder what kind of person would be willing to go through all that and why and how brave or foolish

You wonder what kind of person wll Trevor be after enduring all this to solve multiple mysteries or encounter trials or obstackles

that a regular teen doesn't do.

cool.gif...............We finally have a time line thumbsupsmileyanim.gif June, 2006 If the Tsunami is the same one as the 12/26/2005, Hmm if school doesn't start until September, Joel can stay a couple more months! Bridget does seem to have a faulty memory, how could she confuse Atlantis with the Ares, when they both know the Ares went missing ten years ago? And seeing Bridget had once owned two of only twenty Lagoon 55 ever made, how can she claim to have not recognized it? Will Lisa finally see the inconsistencies in Bridget's stories? I wonder if she will tell Trevor, and between them draw conclusions! Great Chapter CJ!

Edited by Benji

I think Lisa needs to get a little more suspicious of Bridget. Sigh.... Even before we found out she's the bad guy I was suspicious of her. I guess her fear of Dirk and for Trevor has completely blinded her common sense. An interesting chapter to be sure. Something that occurred to me. As a hypothetical (and using something that Bridget mentioned) what if the Ares and the Atlantis are the same ship? They fake the sinking go dark so the transponder shuts down and move the Ares back into port under sail. They switch out transponders and viola Ares is now Atlantis. Then they file the insurance claim. That's my theory and it kind of fits.

I think Lisa needs to get a little more suspicious of Bridget. Sigh.... Even before we found out she's the bad guy I was suspicious of her. I guess her fear of Dirk and for Trevor has completely blinded her common sense. An interesting chapter to be sure. Something that occurred to me. As a hypothetical (and using something that Bridget mentioned) what if the Ares and the Atlantis are the same ship? They fake the sinking go dark so the transponder shuts down and move the Ares back into port under sail. They switch out transponders and viola Ares is now Atlantis. Then they file the insurance claim. That's my theory and it kind of fits.

cool.gif.............Except for one thing in the prologue; 'Rachel had proved herself well suited for the task. Three years later, flush with cash from her very profitable businesses, Rachel, with Dirk

Yep... Contradicting oneself within a few sentences can indicate dissembling... So, if Bridget is hiding something, or more than one something, what is it?

And those engine sounds again... Is it time to speculate again on whether Rknapp is involved? :blink: He's know to have an interest in engines, after all... :ph34r:

Yes thats an interesting mystery - the past life of atlantis -

the route past the suez canal - makes me wanna go around africa

the complexity to travel is harder than just driving your car and paying tolls

I wonder if Joel is making considerations to travel with Trev to Shekillies and fly home from there

or go all the way to austraila and come home

Trev is taking a lot of responsibilites or stuff coming his way ... what drives his to move pass all that

you wonder what kind of person would be willing to go through all that and why and how brave or foolish

You wonder what kind of person wll Trevor be after enduring all this to solve multiple mysteries or encounter trials or obstackles

that a regular teen doesn't do.

Great point on Trevor; he'll grow, he'll have to. That's common among teens who circumnavigate solo; it becomes a true coming of age experience, and for the most part, it changes them, mostly for the better.

The route across the Indian Ocean is his best bet... From the Eastern Med, he'd be adding thousands of miles if he went around Africa.

Fortunately, he's had some advice from the Great White North, and he'll get more from then and others he meets. Plus, Bridget is knowledgeable on the Suez, and she'll probably help too. :)

cool.gif...............We finally have a time line thumbsupsmileyanim.gif June, 2006 If the Tsunami is the same one as the 12/26/2005, Hmm if school doesn't start until September, Joel can stay a couple more months! Bridget does seem to have a faulty memory, how could she confuse Atlantis with the Ares, when they both know the Ares went missing ten years ago? And seeing Bridget had once owned two of only twenty Lagoon 55 ever made, how can she claim to have not recognized it? Will Lisa finally see the inconsistencies in Bridget's stories? I wonder if she will tell Trevor, and between them draw conclusions! Great Chapter CJ!

In the current chapter, it's early August, 2006. :) I'll make sure to reference the date better in a coming chapter.

The Indian Ocean Tsunami was on Dec 26th, 2004, not 2005. However, in the summer of 2006 there were still debris at sea; floating logs, etc, drifting around. It was enough to make it difficult for yachts, unless then went slow.

And good point; only twenty Lagoon 55's were made. There are similar models (such as the Lagoon 57) but they only made 20 55s.

You're right; Lisa's fear of Dirk and concern for Trevor make her vulnerable to the "any port in a storm" problem; Much of what Lisa is facing is way out of her comfort zone, and especially with both Trevor and Joel far away, she relies on Bridget for help. The issue is magnified by Lisa's mistrust of her father, due to suspecting him of sending the e-mails.

We don't know yet whether or not Bridget is up to no good, but that's a good theory! Bridget, like Lisa, thinks Dirk killed Rachel (I can confirm, per the text, that they both really believe it.)

cool.gif.............Except for one thing in the prologue; 'Rachel had proved herself well suited for the task. Three years later, flush with cash from her very profitable businesses, Rachel, with Dirk

• Site Administrator

Okay, first let me thank the goat for the chapter, Thanks :)

Now I'm getting confused. Didn't Rachel buy the Ares from Bridget's husband Arnold during their divorce? Then 3 years later she buys Atlantis from Bridget only this time. Bridget mentioned having several boats and selling them off.

I am going to reiterate my previous comment about girls being bad. Bridget the drug smuggling queen is feeding Lisa and she is the silly girl who is getting everyone upset. I am beginning to wonder what Julie's relationship is Bridget. She is the only other living woman in the story, so I'm beginning to distrust her too.

I have to admit it was nice to see the goat portray some good ole Canadians in the light that we rightly deserve eh? I do have a major question though :o Did anyone else catch the name of the cook on board the yacht? Francois? Is this a cameo of the much loved Bondwriter who has been noticeably absent, or does the goat plan to malign our dear friends fetishes in his evil ways. If we find Joel and Trevor tied up for sexual games by Francois, then we know CJ is involved. :P

Lastly I have to agree with Mike, this story had so many cliffs in it that even I am dizzy from them. :P

Joel's need to shop makes me laugh. :lol: Another reason why Lisa loves him so much. :wub:

In the next chapter, I think Trevor's going to hear from Joel about all the potential problems that their Canadian hosts raised.....submerged logs, pirates, weather...good grief.

If Trevor decides to carry on (and he will)Joel may decide to hang in there with him. Which would be great. :2thumbs: Joel is so cool and my favourite character. :wub:

I don't think Trevor has thought everything through for this trip and he is learning a lot from his new friends. He will have a lot of new information to think about and you can be sure Joel will mention it.

Maybe Trevor will meet an Aussie family with a teen his age at the convoy through the Suez and the teen will join Trev on Atlantis to give him a hand to Australia. The remainder of the trip is going to be exciting and we know without cliff hangers.

Could the Sea Witch be the Ares? We have been given the hint of the rumble of diesel engines twice for some reason, at Bridget's dock.

I hope Dirk sends Trevor's camera along with the cell phone so he is able to get plenty of pictures for this once in a life time adventure.

I don't think Trevor has thought everything through for this trip and he is learning a lot from his new friends. He will have a lot of new information to think about and you can be sure Joel will mention it.

Maybe Trevor will meet an Aussie family with a teen his age at the convoy through the Suez and the teen will join Trev on Atlantis to give him a hand to Australia. The remainder of the trip is going to be exciting and we know without cliff hangers.

Could the Sea Witch be the Ares? We have been given the hint of the rumble of diesel engines twice for some reason, at Bridget's dock.

I hope Dirk sends Trevor's camera along with the cell phone so he is able to get plenty of pictures for this once in a life time adventure.

Interesting points - Two will transit but it didn't say joel and yeah maybe ares was claimed at sea so murder was a motive or she escaped? but ares was taken

Maybe this new friend will be gay

Lets see if Dirk will be nice to send a care package - nice that joel friends do a nice thing - sat phone expensive.

Interesting points - Two will transit but it didn't say joel and yeah maybe ares was claimed at sea so murder was a motive or she escaped? but ares was taken

Maybe this new friend will be gay

Lets see if Dirk will be nice to send a care package - nice that joel friends do a nice thing - sat phone expensive.

Two will transit the Suez on Atlantis? I must have missed something. While Trevor has gotten what seems to be good advice from Bob and Melanie, he is a capable captain and navigator himself. While he could use some company on his trip - and the Mediterranean to Australia is a long haul - he could make the trip alone.

cool.gif.......Errr! No the Sea Witch is not a catamaran;

From the early part of chapter 27; "The only vantage point Lisa could see was a view between some waterfront houses. She drove by slowly, looking intently at the thirty-nine foot Sea Ray powerboat." From that angle, she could see the name currently on the stern, 'Sea Witch'

...........and earlier in the prologue; "'Rachel had proved herself well suited for the task. Three years later, flush with cash from her very profitable businesses, Rachel, with Dirk's reluctant consent, had purchased Atlantis, a second catamaran identical to Ares.'

Trevor taking on another passenger to help him sail sounds like fun! But I recall CJ saying something to the effect that part of the voyage will go by quick, I doubt he wrote in another character for the voyage to Australia.

Edited by Benji

Two will transit the Suez on Atlantis? I must have missed something. While Trevor has gotten what seems to be good advice from Bob and Melanie, he is a capable captain and navigator himself. While he could use some company on his trip - and the Mediterranean to Australia is a long haul - he could make the trip alone.

He could and subject himself to loneliness and we know what kind of mistake he made

Now if he's like that and is subject to rogue waves, logs, etc etc - he has a big degree of mistake

this is what his father is so concerned about

he's still a young sailor - he's no jack sparrow - maybe joel is with a lot of beer or osuo

cool.gif.......Errr! No the Sea Witch is not a catamaran;

From the early part of chapter 27; "The only vantage point Lisa could see was a view between some waterfront houses. She drove by slowly, looking intently at the thirty-nine foot Sea Ray powerboat." From that angle, she could see the name currently on the stern, 'Sea Witch'

...........and earlier in the prologue; "'Rachel had proved herself well suited for the task. Three years later, flush with cash from her very profitable businesses, Rachel, with Dirk's reluctant consent, had purchased Atlantis, a second catamaran identical to Ares.'

Trevor taking on another passenger to help him sail sounds like fun! But I recall CJ saying something to the effect that part of the voyage will go by quick, I doubt he wrote in another character for the voyage to Australia.

I think the idea is that maybe the ares was salvaged or taken from mother by some form of foul play or maybe transfering drugs or some illegal thing that she didn't know

hey there are other yauhters out there suez bound so you never know if Trevor would meet up with a sexy looking gay sailor to say yoho to austrailia (perhaps a young graeme) .... its a long trip ... its not a quick voyage if there's potential danger and mystery

I think the idea is that maybe the ares was salvaged or taken from mother by some form of foul play or maybe transfering drugs or some illegal thing that she didn't know

hey there are other yauhters out there suez bound so you never know if Trevor would meet up with a sexy looking gay sailor to say yoho to austrailia (perhaps a young graeme) .... its a long trip ... its not a quick voyage if there's potential danger and mystery

cool.gif....................Errrr! Have you noticed the difference from the 'catamaran the Ares, a fifty-five foot charter boat, and a thirty-nine foot Sea Ray powerboat." Currently named on the stern, 'Sea Witch' so guess other then the engines what can be salvaged?

Edited by Benji

cool.gif....................Errrr! Have you noticed the difference from the 'catamaran the Ares, a fifty-five foot charter boat, and a thirty-nine foot Sea Ray powerboat." Currently named on the stern, 'Sea Witch' so guess other then the engines what can be salvaged?

Well if someone rigged the accident to get trevors mom to make the distress call and then abduct her and the boat

if some mishap happen then she could be dead

it would be interesting if Trevor finds another catamaran that fits Ares description with a different name at the suez or in the indian ocean etc etc

then more mysteries are being solved on the high seas

Well if someone rigged the accident to get trevors mom to make the distress call and then abduct her and the boat

if some mishap happen then she could be dead

it would be interesting if Trevor finds another catamaran that fits Ares description with a different name at the suez or in the indian ocean etc etc

then more mysteries are being solved on the high seas

Uh, I think every time diesels are mentioned in the story behind Bridgets house, other than Atlantis, CJ is referring to the Sea Witch. This is a 39-foot Sea Ray powerboat, not a 55-foot Catamaran sailcat. The Cat is much longer, and uses far less powerful engines. It is also far wider, with two hulls. The Sea Ray has one. There should not be any confusion. No one in their right mind would salvage the engines from a sailcat for use in a powerboat, they're completely useless in that application.

Additionally, I get the feeling that Dirk knows exactly where the Ares is, and it's not submerged. I think I remember him mentioning "the other one" to Jim when he sabotaged the Atlantis.

Edited by rknapp

Additionally, I get the feeling that Dirk knows exactly where the Ares is, and it's not submerged. I think I remember him mentioning "the other one" to Jim when he sabotaged the Atlantis.

cool.gif............. Not quite, Dirk only mentioned the Aires in passing to Trevor ... almost blurting out that she was not there in reference to Trevor's annual search in the Bihimas. He never disclosed in the chapter of the whereabouts of the Aires to Jim. Too me Dirk's fear of the water is closely related to his fear of the Bermuda triangle, frankly anywhere in the water raises his fears, so it may be just biased on his part.

Trevor does indeed have a perilous voyage ahead, and remember, though he's ammended the issue somewhat with purchases, he's equipped for charter cruising in tropical waters, not single-handing across one of the most difficult stretches of ocean on earth.

That Southenr Ocean area mentioned, BTW, is not fictional... the south Indian Ocean is nasty, as seen lately by the dismasting and rescue of Abby Sunderland. Crossing the Atlantic at the latitude of the Azores is nothing compared to that...

Actually, he's planning it well; his route is far more conservative that Sunderland's, and he's planning on waiting for weather windows and also crossing in the Austral spring, not winter.

But, Trevor has something else going for him; he's in one of my stories, and we all know that nothing bad ever happens in my stories. 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..