Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 31

Ok - I don''t like all this danger.

Now bridget is planing ahead for trevor demised. But that mean joel and lisa.

So far the charter is ok - nothing evil yet.

I think dirk finding is founded.

Now the good question - was the wife involved in smugling? Did she discover something?

Why did she die?

It seems that the cartel people have been the henchmen.

The shit if is bigger than the puny lives (the good guys)

As kirk would say "another armenia."

Like who says 17yo can stand up against killers that are in the business.

And like we're waiting 15 chapters for that?

Somethings gonna be crazy between here and austrailia?

If Trevor found out something - would it be worth the risk of the lost of atlantis?

Would be ok - or would he seek revenge.

He as not background for trained killers.

So do you think that something like this will deter him from searching for his mom?

Would he be dumb enough to continue at the risk of dying and dirk crying for a lost over another family member?

Knowing CJ he write in the ODDS for our heros.

Changing lanes last 15 chapters was childs play compared to what trevor is up against.

Great comments, HH5!!!

Trevor has, in essence, stumbled into something big, that he knows nothing about.

Now we know why Bridget told Trevor that the Bahamas were unsafe; she doesn't want him finding Ares.

We find out the backstory there in the next two chapters. This is the major revelation I've been rambling on about. :)

However... Don't assume that it's the whole story. Bridget and her friends are part of it, but there's more, that even she is unaware of. No one in the story knows all of it, yet.

I can't comment on whether Bridget is an antagonist (Graeme would get me for giving spoilers) but I can say this; if she is, she's not the only one, and she does not know of the others.

And now, a request for our resident Amphibian, MikeL: Could you please amphibiously certify this chapter as cliffhanger-free?

Oh, and did anyone notice anyone... familiar in the chapter? ;)

Great comments, HH5!!!

Trevor has, in essence, stumbled into something big, that he knows nothing about.

Now we know why Bridget told Trevor that the Bahamas were unsafe; she doesn't want him finding Ares.

We find out the backstory there in the next two chapters. This is the major revelation I've been rambling on about. :)

However... Don't assume that it's the whole story. Bridget and her friends are part of it, but there's more, that even she is unaware of. No one in the story knows all of it, yet.

I can't comment on whether Bridget is an antagonist (Graeme would get me for giving spoilers) but I can say this; if she is, she's not the only one, and she does not know of the others.

And now, a request for our resident Amphibian, MikeL: Could you please amphibiously certify this chapter as cliffhanger-free?

Yes I agree that the story is bigger than any one person is.

But I do find the dangerous places that the blake wants to visit a bit off the Goats Path - do we have a cliffy to fall off of on some island? and who's going to fall.

So, the chapter ends with...

Trevor nodded, not believing a word and not sharing Mike's faith in goat trails. Turning, he made sure to smile as he told his guests and Joel, "We'll be fine, and in a few minutes we'll be back on Atlantis, having drinks."

"I'll sure need a few," Phil grumbled, picking his way along with extraordinary care, as the goat trail led them downhill, back towards Atlantis, and unknown to anyone, directly through the most heavily shelled area of the hillside.

...and you want me to do what?

And yes, I noticed someone very familiar. Not funny, goat. :angry:

Yes I agree that the story is bigger than any one person is.

But I do find the dangerous places that the blake wants to visit a bit off the Goats Path - do we have a cliffy to fall off of on some island? and who's going to fall.

Ah, but we know that there can be no cliffs on these islands! Why? Because it's mentioned that there are goats on the islands. And, as we all know, a goat would never go anywhere near a cliff, so therefor, there cannot be cliffs on the islands. B)

So, the chapter ends with...

Trevor nodded, not believing a word and not sharing Mike's faith in goat trails. Turning, he made sure to smile as he told his guests and Joel, "We'll be fine, and in a few minutes we'll be back on Atlantis, having drinks."

"I'll sure need a few," Phil grumbled, picking his way along with extraordinary care, as the goat trail led them downhill, back towards Atlantis, and unknown to anyone, directly through the most heavily shelled area of the hillside.

...and you want me to do what?

And yes, I noticed someone very familiar. Not funny, goat. :angry:

I'm only asking for the well-deserved amphibious declaration of cliffhanger-free. :snork:

After all, unless you consider it a cliffhanger, you should declare if cliffhanger-free, right? :wizard:

I foresee the attempt on Trevor ruined by pirates

Great comments, HH5!!!

B)........... But of course the goat trails along the cliff-side of perilous hills leading through a mined field can't be deemed a cliffhanger??? Hmmm, I may have saw that one coming to an extent. But don't be mislead by Bridget's comments, (nor the wily goats misdirection) remember Bridget believes Dirk murdered his wife. Therefore if Trevor found the wreck with of the Aries with no sabotage it could clear Dirk, bringing back the spotlight of her husband's murder back to her. With the Aries still lost, and Trevor's planned demise in the Atlantis under the same mysterious circumstances. The focus goes back to Dirk! BTW anyone else notice how much time off Detective Alford seems to have? Running between islands like he has been doing of late?

Australia is still the key to one mystery, Lisa and Joel will find answers to another!

Great Chapter CJ!!! Glad to see that Trevor has made some money for his 'explosive' work!

B)........... But of course the goat trails along the cliff-side of perilous hills leading through a mined field can't be deemed a cliffhanger??? Hmmm, I may have saw that one coming to an extent. But don't be mislead by Bridget's comments, (nor the wily goats misdirection) remember Bridget believes Dirk murdered his wife. Therefore if Trevor found the wreck with of the Aries with no sabotage it could clear Dirk, bringing back the spotlight of her husband's murder back to her. With the Aries still lost, and Trevor's planned demise in the Atlantis under the same mysterious circumstances. The focus goes back to Dirk! BTW anyone else notice how much time off Detective Alford seems to have? Running between islands like he has been doing of late?

Gosh it feels like ping-pong or tennis - poor Trevor being knocked back and forth - a swing there a volley there - what will happen to Trevor

I hope he hopes that Ball Boy catches him and run away with his balls :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator

Great story; but I hate cliffhanger !

I fully heartedly agree with you Watcher :2thumbs: . I was beginning to enjoy reading CJames writing once again and then he throws in one of his patented evil cliffhangers :devil: . It seems the goat will always result back to his nasty ways. BTW, I see you were so distraught about the cliffhanger that CJ left us with, that you joined ;) . Welcome to the forum :) . Just remember that you can exact some revenge on the goat by casting a vote for him in this years member's awards that CJ has made himself eligible once again by posting this chapter.

So I really like that Mike guy in the story. He seems like he has Joel and Trevor's interest at heart. As for the rest including Barbara, I have a funny feeling about them. Probably just a distraction CJ has thrown in there to make us forget something else.

Bridget kind of played her cards in one paragraph there. We now know that she is planning on eliminating Trevor as he approaches the Suez. I wonder what kind of associates she is meeting at Atlantis (irony don't ya think?) as in are the Mafia, drug cartel? So many possibilities. She also mention that she was worried about Trevor finding the wreckage of Ares, which means she must know that the boat was sunk and I imagine Rachael was killed.

Thanks for the chapter CJ, but even more, thanks for the cliffie so we can start the nomination process :)

Bridget kind of played her cards in one paragraph there. We now know that she is planning on eliminating Trevor as he approaches the Suez. I wonder what kind of associates she is meeting at Atlantis (irony don't ya think?) as in are the Mafia, drug cartel? So many possibilities. She also mention that she was worried about Trevor finding the wreckage of Ares, which means she must know that the boat was sunk and I imagine Rachael was killed.

Thanks for the chapter CJ, but even more, thanks for the cliffie so we can start the nomination process :)

I quite agree with the nominations, but I think Bridget really believes that the Aries went down, thus Trevor finding it would dissolve Dirks involvement if discovered that it was not sabotaged. Bridget has said time and time again she believes that Dirk killed his wife. But if he didn't and as alluded much earlier in the chapters Dirk almost telling Trevor that the danger was real and that 'the Aries was not ... (there?). Bridget has now made her prejudice known and thinks by killing Trevor the heat will be off her for Arnold' s demise. The Aries is not there, and probably is in Australia, the question/mystery is why the faked death of Rachel and the fake sinking of the Aries? What did Rachel know? The seven years statue still bothers me, I can't figure that one out. Australia is still the key!

It has already mentioned that Trevor's boat can outrun the pirates. Will Bridget take matters into her own hands after the failed attempt?

Edited by Benji

I hope Trevor gets the agent Bob and Melanie used and not someone Bridget knows. Bridget is turning out to be a poor choice of friends and when she was talking to Lisa she was convinced Trevor would meet someone in the boating community. I wonder if that is how the hit will go down. Get invited aboard and then when you least expect it...poor Trev. Joel won't be there to retrieve the gun for him.

• Site Administrator

I agree Slug :great:

Trevor shouldn't trust CJames, i mean Bridget :)

I am hoping when Joel leaves Trevor in Cyprus, that might mean the end of the phone calls between Bridget and Trevor as Lisa will only make calls when with Joel, not with Bridget.

That makes me wonder, is Bridget going to try an attempt on Trevor and Joel or will it be just Trevor that she goes for. Where will that be if after Joel leaves, prior to the Suez, during the transit, or after near Somalia?

Could be pivotal to the chances of escape.

Edited by wildone

Australia is still the key to one mystery, Lisa and Joel will find answers to another!

Great Chapter CJ!!! Glad to see that Trevor has made some money for his 'explosive' work!

Benji, thank you for seeing the obvious: that this cannot be seen as a cliffhanger!

Bridget does indeed believe that Dirk killed Rachel (that's stated in both dialog and narration, and the narrator cannot lie). Bridget also said she believes that Jim and Dirk are lovers. :)

And good catch; Detective Alfred has been spending a lot of time on the island runs... But, fear not; as a senior detective, he's not clocked in and out, so he's not likely to get into trouble with the department. :)

Gosh it feels like ping-pong or tennis - poor Trevor being knocked back and forth - a swing there a volley there - what will happen to Trevor

I hope he hopes that Ball Boy catches him and run away with his balls :2thumbs:

Trevor isn't worried; he can't be, he doesn't know what's going on. :)

Great story; but I hate cliffhanger !

Welcome to the forum and GA, watcher! :2thumbs:

BTW, don't let the others here corrupt you and mislead you into thinking that this was a cliffhanger. As I often say, I never use cliffhangers. 0:) 0:) 0:)

I fully heartedly agree with you Watcher :2thumbs: . I was beginning to enjoy reading CJames writing once again and then he throws in one of his patented evil cliffhangers :devil: . It seems the goat will always result back to his nasty ways. BTW, I see you were so distraught about the cliffhanger that CJ left us with, that you joined ;) . Welcome to the forum :) . Just remember that you can exact some revenge on the goat by casting a vote for him in this years member's awards that CJ has made himself eligible once again by posting this chapter.

So I really like that Mike guy in the story. He seems like he has Joel and Trevor's interest at heart. As for the rest including Barbara, I have a funny feeling about them. Probably just a distraction CJ has thrown in there to make us forget something else.

Cliffhanger?!?! Cliffhanger!?!? ACK! But but but... you know I never use cliffhangers!

However, though I am not responsible in any way for it, I will opine that there might possibly be one in this chapter. I'll explain in a thread I'm about to make, about MikeL.

I hope Trevor gets the agent Bob and Melanie used and not someone Bridget knows. Bridget is turning out to be a poor choice of friends and when she was talking to Lisa she was convinced Trevor would meet someone in the boating community. I wonder if that is how the hit will go down. Get invited aboard and then when you least expect it...poor Trev. Joel won't be there to retrieve the gun for him.

Please don't read what I'm about to say as pertaining to the plot, but just as some background: yachters tend to be a very friendly and welcoming community, so Bridget is most likely right about Trevor meeting more.

Of course, Bridget is a yachter too, so might know a lot of people. :)

I am hoping when Joel leaves Trevor in Cyprus, that might mean the end of the phone calls between Bridget and Trevor as Lisa will only make calls when with Joel, not with Bridget.

That makes me wonder, is Bridget going to try an attempt on Trevor and Joel or will it be just Trevor that she goes for. Where will that be if after Joel leaves, prior to the Suez, during the transit, or after near Somalia?

We'll find out the answers to your questions in chapter 32:)

As for not trusting Bridget... We still don't know, really, whether or not she's a bad person... She could simply be... misunderstood. 0:)

B)..... I believe Bridget's plan is to learn from Lisa & Joel's anything she can about Trevor's whereabouts, she gave them the key to her 'ear' guest house. But being a misunderstood older lady may preclude her from any crime!! 0:)

B)..... I believe Bridget's plan is to learn from Lisa & Joel's anything she can about Trevor's whereabouts, she gave them the key to her 'ear' guest house. But being a misunderstood older lady may preclude her from any crime!! 0:)

Remember, we don't actually know yet whether she's actually an antagonist in the story; we've seen nothing to indicate that she plans to antagonize Trevor or Joel. :).

BTW, the next chapter is entitled "Meltemi". That's not a place name, it's a term for... something. :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Remember, we don't actually know yet whether she's actually an antagonist in the story; we've seen nothing to indicate that she plans to antagonize Trevor or Joel. :).

BTW, the next chapter is entitled "Meltemi". That's not a place name, it's a term for... something. :ph34r:

:blink:Nothing to indicate that she plans to antagonize Trevor and Joel????? :blink:

Sorry, but isn't she about to go see a 'connection' at Atlantis (once again, ironic :P ) Hotel to arrange for the death of Trevor at least :o

What does it take for you to pronounce someone an antagonist.? I think you have too many fleas and ticks in your coat and it is making you not sound rational. I hear Hartz has a line of flea and tick collars that you could probably put on a goat :P

:blink:Nothing to indicate that she plans to antagonize Trevor and Joel????? :blink:

Sorry, but isn't she about to go see a 'connection' at Atlantis (once again, ironic :P ) Hotel to arrange for the death of Trevor at least :o

What does it take for you to pronounce someone an antagonist.? I think you have too many fleas and ticks in your coat and it is making you not sound rational. I hear Hartz has a line of flea and tick collars that you could probably put on a goat :P

Ahh, but here's the definition of antagonize:

an·tag·o·nize Pronunciation (n-tg-nz)

tr.v. an·tag·o·nized, an·tag·o·niz·ing, an·tag·o·niz·es

1. To incur the dislike of; provoke hostility or enmity in: antagonized her officemates with her rude behavior.

2. To counteract.

So, what has Bridget done to antagonize Trevor? Trevor doesn't know what she's up to, so therefor she hasn't incurred his dislike, nor provoked hostility or enmity. She also has no So, I stand by my claim: Bridget has done nothing to antagonize Trevor. :P

As for Bridget being the antagonist (which has a different definition) how can she be an antagonist without actually antagonizing anyone? 0:)

BTW, yep, the Atlantis resort... That's ironic indeed! One of the lovable characters in LTMP and Changing Lanes had a grand love of irony. He would have been overjoyed at this development. :)

I can say that there is more than one antagonist (in the literary sense) in the story, but I cannot confirm that Bridget is one, for that would be a spoiler and the Echidna would get me! :ph34r:

A wild time on that old tub.

http://www.sailingissues.com/meltemi.html

Yep! Good find! That's what a Meltemi is. :great:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..